Wheel Fitment & Question Thread

projectsupra

旧車スープラ
Apr 5, 2005
West Palm Beach, FL
s235.photobucket.com
ians13;1479191 said:
Most people will bash Rota because they look like high dollar wheels without the price, now people that buy the high dollar wheels will try to find a reasons to justify spending all the money and getting the same result, lots of people will say that Rota brake, ok so let’s see you have a Rota wheel and hit a curb going 35mph damn your Rota broke buy a new $250 wheel no problem, hit a curb going 35mph with your volk wheel $%#& it’s bent but no one can fix it so you buy a new $900-1200 wheel ouch. My daily driver gets Rota

i got rota wheels on my lexus is300, they look good and they work what more can you ask for.

but on my supra :) Works FTW

There are band-wagoners on both sides of everything, decent quality replicas have a time and place but to try and say you get the same performance is absurd.
Also being in Florida you should know better, there are more than a few wheel repair shops in WPB alone, one of which properly repaired a Rays MS01 for me that was bent U shaped on the inside. You would be a fool to buy a new rim that expensive unless it was covered under insurance.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS;1479246 said:
lol...

If i had the money... I'd buy Works or simular... however... I dont...

What wheel is the D2 a "replica" of anyways? I really like the design of the wheel...

on a second note... hitting a curb doing 35... im not gonna worry about the wheel... im gonna be more worried about the control arm, strut, rack, and everything else that I just fudged so to speak:aigo:

I am curious to see the actual wheel however that these wheels are made after... I might just consider waiting a while longer...

Thanks
-AcId-

http://fakewheels.com/
Just save up a bit longer, or buy them used and let someone else lose money.

10" +22 will fit awesome if your fenders are flat, but tire choice will be critical and you'll likely want a 10mm spacer to make the rear as aggressive as the front.

supramk3speed

Dec 4, 2008
Texas
I have a couple of questions, first: My tire sizing is 225/40/18, what size spacer should i use? Second: I plan on buying a fender roller and rolling the fenders properly but I noticed the moldings are in a position where they will be rolled inwards. Will rolling the fenders affect the mouldings? Thanks for any help because I am a total noob for correct wheel fitment.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Mar 3, 2009
Indiana
Well... I found the wheel that the D2 is a replica of... its the SSR SP-1... however... they dont offer it in the color combo I want...

I REALLY dont want to spend $2k on wheels and then have to paint them to get what I want...

However... I really like the SP-1 design in a gold finish which they dont offer... The D2 does....

When its all said and done... I dont think it will be worth spending nearly $3k for a set of wheels for a daily driver that wont see track time... if not more... Hell... for that price... I could buy 5 sets of the "replica" wheels...

So... with that being said... What else is WRONG with running such a wheel... are they dangerous? Are they known to fail without actually hitting something or causing them damage?

Thanks for the input guys
-AcId-

ians13

Nov 8, 2005
Jacksonville, fl
projectsupra;1479464 said:
There are band-wagoners on both sides of everything, decent quality replicas have a time and place but to try and say you get the same performance is absurd.
Also being in Florida you should know better, there are more than a few wheel repair shops in WPB alone, one of which properly repaired a Rays MS01 for me that was bent U shaped on the inside. You would be a fool to buy a new rim that expensive unless it was covered under insurance.

Your right these rims cost more because there better plain and simple, but if you don't care about a better wheel on your DD car it's all good.
I don't think they’re going to break and fall off the car under normal driving conditions.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Well, expensive wheels are generally forged, rather than cast. Forged generally means lighter than cast, and the less unsprung weight you're trying to lug around, the better. Makes everyone happier, except in cases where it snows. Then a light wheel = difficult to keep traction. ;)

If you'd pay more for your wheels than your engine though, you're a damn fool.

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
Hi all, I have a wheel question:

Will a 16x8 with a 0+ offset fit on the Supra? From what I gather, it will be very tight or not fit on the front, but may fit on the back. Can anyone confirm?

Also, is there any down side to running a larger rim up front with a smaller in the back?

supramk3speed

Dec 4, 2008
Texas
At least someone give me some input on rolling the fenders. Will it jack up your moldings, i see that they have mounts that go into the sides of the fender where you would roll over them. I can figure out the other questions but i don't want to find this one out by screwing up my mouldings.

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
supramk3speed;1480089 said:
At least someone give me some input on rolling the fenders. Will it jack up your moldings, i see that they have mounts that go into the sides of the fender where you would roll over them. I can figure out the other questions but i don't want to find this one out by screwing up my mouldings.

The pre 89 moldings will form with proper methods, since the main internal structure is metal, but it is very easy to mess them up. I haven’t tried to form them though.

I would guess the 89+ would conform easier, with little to no modification.

Good luck!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Chambers;1480061 said:
Hi all, I have a wheel question:

Will a 16x8 with a 0+ offset fit on the Supra? From what I gather, it will be very tight or not fit on the front, but may fit on the back. Can anyone confirm?

Also, is there any down side to running a larger rim up front with a smaller in the back?

16x8 +0 fits a Mk2 beautifully ;)

Oh wait... I'm guessing you're talking Mk3 considering your list of cars there... Hmm, considering where Mk4 17x9.5 +50 sits front/rear, I'd have to say no for sure on the front, and maybe on the rear. Talk to some of the Socal guys, there's more than a few of them with crazy offsets and widths who would know much more than I. :)

ians13

Nov 8, 2005
Jacksonville, fl
slow_yota;1481850 said:
Just throwin this out there.

How would this set up be ?

Size 18x8.5 Front, 18x10 Rear
Offset 20mm Front , 25mm Rear
Lip Size 2.5" Front, 3" Rear

Would it still be flush ?

it's going to be very close to flush. the rear is going to stick out just a tad.

TripleC

Dec 2, 2009
FO CO
Just picked up a set of Stern St-2
19 x 8.5 offset 32 and 19 x 9.5 offset 35
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

SupraJDS

Mar 31, 2006
--
I'm looking to buy some ichiba wheel spacers and I want to know the largest size I can use without any fender work. Here are my specs:

18 by 8 +35
18 by 9 +35

215/40/18
235/40/18

Thanks

SUPERIUM

Low Postage Member
Nov 29, 2005
Buffalo, NY
SupraJDS;1485026 said:
I'm looking to buy some ichiba wheel spacers and I want to know the largest size I can use without any fender work. Here are my specs:

18 by 8 +35
18 by 9 +35

215/40/18
235/40/18

Thanks

10mm spacers will give you a flush look but bump up those tires to atleast 225/40 and 255/35

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Wonder If i could get a little help! The rims I may order for the rear of my Supra will be 18x9 with what offset?

These are Gram light 57s Pro's same as my avatar. I don't know much about Offset and what will fit my Supra, i have a '89 Supra again, and I want these for the rear but what should I order for offset please someoen help!