What's your favorite tire shine?

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
I'm curious as to what you guys like to use best. Also, what you would recommend not getting. Here's my reviews...

Meguires NXT tire aerosol spray- Probably my favorite. Last long and doesn't come off the tires onto the body of the car making a mess

Black Magic tire wipes- Looks good at first, but then the shine goes away fast.

Eagle tire gel spray- The type that is in a spray bottle and is a little thicker than water. Makes the tires look awesome. But, get's all over the wheels when spraying and also flings up black shit all over the car. It'd be good for a car show after you park your ride.

Black Magic tire foam- Looks ok at first. I guess it depends on the tires. I used it on some Falken ZX-512's with the smooth sidewall and it just ran off and looked like crap. I'm sure if you had some tires with the sidewalls with the small grooves like most tires have, it wouldn't be that bad.

Let's hear what you guys have experienced. I'm sure I can think of more later. But, this is all for now.

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
eguiar's FTW! I believe it was the Hot Shine Tire Foam.

My tires were done i think last monday or the monday before, and they're still shining. of course the shine is slowly fading now, but I was amazed at how well and how long it works.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
I don't like tire shine, I just don't care for bright shiny tires.

I prefer to make the tires look new, and unworn, and to do that, Shoe polish, I shit you not. And it doesn't get you messy if you touch it when its on.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
It does work. Also, if you have another car with plastic headlight lenses, and you get that fogged over look, just rub some crisco on them. They shine like new.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
i dont care what tire shine it is i just spray it on and rub it in/wipe it off to make my tires look clean and dark but not shiney. I also use the stuff on some trim pieces like the front lip and mud guards to make them nice and black

mischief7m

Broke and Lovin It
Sep 13, 2007
Central Ma / Cape Cod Ma
Big Wang Bandit;982940 said:
I don't like tire shine, I just don't care for bright shiny tires.

I prefer to make the tires look new, and unworn, and to do that, Shoe polish, I shit you not. And it doesn't get you messy if you touch it when its on.

shoe polish. really? do you mean like the quick shine polish, or the real shoe polish that comes in a can?

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
endurance&

that stuff is my favorite. and it smells amazing too:)