What's with the "JDM" everything?

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Neodeuccio;1470201 said:
The problem is that you're still wrong. Just because something is Japanese, that doesn't make it JDM. And while I never mentioned US made parts, you did, and you provided examples that were very poorly thought out. And you REALLY didn't want to compare USDM MkIV's to JDM MkIV's. A stock USDM TT car will trash a stock JDM TT car any day of the week. Japan limits the number of HP any JDM car can produce stock to 280, so the JDM 2JZGTE's make almost 50 horses fewer than the USDM 2JZGTE's.

And yes, in the exhaust example that you gave, the Japanese product was superior. But you're ability to find 1 Japanese product that is better than 1 US product doesn't come close to supporting your argument that:

So I challenge you to provide an argument that supports your opinion. Any don't half-ass it like you have you other failed attempts. Show me a real argument, based in fact, using reasonable comparisons.

The Gentlemans Agreement is what youre talking about, and that has since ended (And not many really followed it). However i might add that even though the car was advertised at making only 280PS, majority of the cars, in ex. MKIV Supras and GT-R's made more power stock than what they were advertised at.

supramk3speed

Dec 4, 2008
Texas
Fletch124;1470178 said:
We are talking about Japanese parts here.... ahah.. And Chinese parts are crap. Titan doesnt rip off design from Japanese companies... I have yet to see lets say an HKS Ti exhaust thats design was copied by Titan..

My piont was to compare american products to inferior chinese knock-offs like you obviously did when saying that the chinese knock-off exhaust you pictured was name brand american. Wow, titan decided to use a method that was tried and true when building something, you see that all the time.

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Drake69;1470208 said:
I saw a "JDM" badge on a Hon-duh Crap-RX today, and couldn't figure out what part was on it that made it that way.
(...)

I see a s13 240sx often at school, from the looks of it completely stock, and it has a license plate holder that says "I *heart* JDM". I took a second look inside, just to make sure where the steering wheel was...:3d_frown:

There is one thing I don't know; where does the phrase "jdm tyte yo!" come from, is it a movie reference or something?

supramk3speed

Dec 4, 2008
Texas
The phrase "jdm tyte yo!" is from the language ricer. You can find the meaning of this phrase by looking it up in "ricer mags". "Ricer mags" or "misinformational reading material" can be found on the shelves of just about any store with a newstand. These magazines are designed to make everything look easy and tell kids to buy the parts they feature in their adds because of their raw JDMness. This is how most of the "retards" and "ricers" are created. You can look it up on wikepedia, lol.

jackal613

Feb 27, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I'm not an expert but...

The reason "ricers" like JDM parts so much is because JDM engines usually make more power when compared to USDM engines. The reason for this is that Japanese gas uses higher octane levels so compression can be higher.

Also, there tend to be special runs of some cars that are sold only in Japan with special parts which increase power over stock parts, i.e. Silvia 270R, JDM Integra Type-R transmission having a better final drive, Nismo GTR Z-tune, etc.

Of course, there are exceptions, but fan boys have taken the whole JDM thing to a new level and and blindly pay more just to be "JDM tyte!"

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
l33tcereal.png

248p_0c_1b.jpg

jdm_black_bumper_sticker-p128621039538807763trl0_400.jpg

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I have a couple of JDM and Euro spec parts on my Supras..

I have euro folding mirrors on my 92 and 89 because I live on a very busy street, and always see mirrors smashed and broken off. Considering North American Supras never got folding mirrors, I felt I should take proper precautions...

I have JDM bubble markers on all my Supras because I have performed the sidemarker rewire, and having them protrude makes them even more visible, increasing safety..

I have a JDM front bumper on my 89 because it was $100 shipped on ebay, 2 cans of spraypaint, and 3 years later it's still holding up...

I have JDM taillights on my 89 because my originals were broken and I found them on ebay for $150 shipped...I have USDM 89 taillights on my 86.5 because they were $30 from a junkyard...

I have a JDM TT-R momo (in b4 datz Italian yo) steering wheel in my 86.5 because it was $100 shipped on ebay, and when we bought the 86.5, it came with a tiny red low-rider style steering wheel...

I have JDM fogs on the 86.5 for the same reason I have yellow capsules on my 89 and 92: they improve visibility in the fog..

I have euro signals on my 89 and 92 because I installed bright white LEDs in the parking lights, and it makes the car much more visible in the dark, improving safety..

I personally don't just buy JDM/Euro parts just because that's what they are, no. I usually do it if I get a great deal, or it's functional...

except my JDM 3.0 turbo badge, that shit's gangsta'...