What's the worst car you've ever owned?

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
2001 Oldsmobile Alero. Current DD. Granted, as much as I hate this thing, it does get 28 mpg. Once I graduate in December and pass my boards, however.....:D

EDIT: oh, and it was free, except for the unpaid back taxes i had to pay to tag it.

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
Im gonna have to say my 87 scirocco.

starter died on me a week after i bought it.....in canada.
my ex-wife killed the tranny...spent 2 months converting it from auto to 5 speed
discovered that the donor rabbit's tranny was dead to.
Fuel injection harness caught fire. another rabbit donated a harness, and fired up first try!
that great bosh fuel injection started acting up...great when they work, hell when they dont. Pulled about 5 miles of hoses, wires and parts, and put a webber on it.
electric fan died. perhaps if i was paying attention to the temp guage, i wouldn't have warped the head.
neighbor backed into it.

finally gave up, and parked it....it will return one day, as soon as i build a shop...might even see the light of day before my mkII

Then there was barney....purple with green scalloped 76 dodge van. house paneling and nasty shag carpet. welded drivers seat. got about 5 mpg. no door windows, bought it for the sole purpose of pulling that damn scirocco home from dallas(long story). ended up giving it away.

sharpsupra

Aug 14, 2011
georgia
88 firebird with 2.l v6.....that thing ate idle control motors like mad and wouild not start when below -10..piece o shit. and i agree the 4.3l chevy engine is a turd....especially if yu get one that eats intake gaskets.

chris_2jz

Feb 17, 2009
tampa
88 toyota camry wagon cracked quarter glass only thing holding the glass up was the tint. Electric problems and the automatic transmission was the worst it was like putting the car in 5th gear and driving off, if you wanted to avoid holding up traffic you would have to put it in L. I got it for $800 drove it for about 2 years (got my moneys worth) sold it for 300

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
I'm 42 years old and have had over 20 something cars. I've owned many a beater, i.e. 1967 Oldsmobile Delmont 88, 76 Cutlass, 76 Grand Prix etc...

But by far the worst I have owned was a 1995 Ford Taurus SE. It had a 3.8L and was a really nice car but it loved headgaskets. I currently own a 1979 Ford Thunderbird that is by far a better car than that Taurus will EVER be.

I've always loved older model Oldsmobiles because truthfully, they were the shit. Many a GM car back in the day had Olds engines in them. I was sad to see Olds go away. I love the name....Oldsmobile. Now I want one again. Fuck!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
gtsfirefighter;1771836 said:
I've always loved older model Oldsmobiles because truthfully, they were the shit. Many a GM car back in the day had Olds engines in them. I was sad to see Olds go away. I love the name....Oldsmobile. Now I want one again. Fuck!

I can see where Olds went wrong though, I mean, when you have "Old" in the title of your company, it's kinda hard to convince the youth to buy. :p

If we're talking about cars that needed the most maintenance that I've owned... I gotta say, the Mk3 is up there, much as I love them. :)

LunaVyohr

Classhole
Sep 30, 2011
Paonia, Colorado
My 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

To be perfectly fair, it's not the Jeep's fault. In the Jeep's lifetime, she was wrecked four different times, but three different people - three of those times being major front end collisions. My mom, when she owned it, overheated it and warped/cracked/blew the headgasket. Amazingly, after putting on a new water pump, she started up and ran as fine as any vehicle would with a damaged head gasket. After that, it was given to my sister, who DD'd it for about a year and a half and rear ended somebody. Then I got it - It had 259,XXX on it. It had a horrible exhaust leak, it drank coolant, burned and leaked oil, the transmission clunked into reverse, the engine started to develop rod knock... Uhhh, just a few months after I got my license, I rear ended somebody, damaging the front end again. And you know what? That Jeep got me pretty much everywhere. Besides replacing the fuel pump, starter, a sensor, and alternator, all I ever had to do was oil changes. I put 16,000 miles of hard driving on it and it STILL runs. Just dragging itself along now.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
LunaVyohr;1772389 said:
My 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
How is that your WORST car? Reminds me of my Cavalier. Wasn't a good car by any means, but the thing was DAMNED tough. I never did manage to kill it, despite my best rally efforts.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
1973 VW bug. I miss that car, but it was, without a doubt, a shitbox. A whopping 53 horsepower (in 1973) with over 350,000 miles on the original, unopened engine. Flintstone style floors, no heat and on a good day, I could get it to 65 on the highway, with a strong tail wind while going down a hill. The carb would never hold an adjustment, and you had to always have something keeping pressure on the gas or it would die. I got it for $400 with some rear fenders (that are still worth $400 for the pair due to rarity and costing 200 euro each without shipping). I scrapped the car for $400 a year or so later.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Either my 90 something Acclaim or my second Supra. Nothing major went wrong on the Acclaim (windshield wiper came off, fuel pump died), it was just a shitbox in general. It was on it's fourth trans at 130k when I got it. lol

My second Supra... Knock sensors, knock sensor wiring, steering shaft came apart at 45MPH mid turn, brakes locked up randomly once, BHG, motor clearly had 200k+ of hard life on it when I pulled the head (shell only had 130k and was very clean), etc... All within 9 days of purchase. WTF. I've broken a lot of shit in my four MKIIIs but that car was hell and a half. I didn't buy another Supra for almost a year because of that car. lol

LunaVyohr

Classhole
Sep 30, 2011
Paonia, Colorado
te72;1772422 said:
How is that your WORST car? Reminds me of my Cavalier. Wasn't a good car by any means, but the thing was DAMNED tough. I never did manage to kill it, despite my best rally efforts.

Well, my Supra is my only other car, and so far, it's been less problematic. :p

Bri7man

"Yeah! Take the lemons.."
Jul 17, 2009
Torrance, CA
Unfortunately my Supra is my first "what is the name of shit is it now" car. Let's just say previous owners + 7mgte = massive amts of
fuuuu-rage-guy1.png

Edit,
Sorry Grim, but Supra takes the lead by a landslide.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
94 4runner would be my second worst. I guess I'll leave it at that since saying what my worst car was, is frowned upon in this establishment.