What's the worst car you've ever owned?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
suprashy;1773169 said:
1985 Renault Alliance. What a POS......All the mechs. at one repair shop couldn't get it to start.....
Did you try getting it to smoke? French car after all... they're a lot like a 2 stroke, you only worry if it's NOT smoking. :p

sharpsupra;1773171 said:
omg remember the cadillac cimmaron? man that was a farkin pie hole:yikes:
You mean the Cadillac Cavalier? Haha, unfortunately, yes... speaking of Caddy's, listening to Rancid's "Time Bomb" at the moment. :)

jetjock;1773173 said:
1968 Corvair. After that things got much better.
Was yours unsafe despite your speeds? You know... I don't think I've ever even seen one in person.

slightly_red_MA70

Holy S*** I own a Racecar
Jan 24, 2009
Canada
1988 honda civic hatch.....had no vehicle that ran so I traded it straight across for my 91 dakota that wasnt running. owners before me riced it out unfortunately. but to show how much I hated that car i ran it dry of oil lol

WI88Supra

WI Supra Fan
1997 30th anniversary Z28.

Pretty much everything was broken after the first 40k miles. Stereo ate a cd and wouldn't spit it out, power door lock switches broke, slave cylinder went to shit and started locking me out of gear, had the ECU was replaced twice, rear subframe supports broke and finally at 42k miles it spun a bearing and destroyed itself.

Looked pretty sweet though.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
WI88Supra;1773720 said:
1997 30th anniversary Z28.

Pretty much everything was broken after the first 40k miles. Stereo ate a cd and wouldn't spit it out, power door lock switches broke, slave cylinder went to shit and started locking me out of gear, had the ECU was replaced twice, rear subframe supports broke and finally at 42k miles it spun a bearing and destroyed itself.

Looked pretty sweet though.
Sounds about right, my 2001 SS wasn't much better for wear. I swear you'd take a turn that the car was perfectly capable of, the ride was still smooth, and yet somehow the CD would skip until you stopped having fun driving. Never understood that... damned good sounding headunit for a stock setup, but the cd player was garbage? WHY Chevy???

It is that very car that will keep me from buying a C5 someday, no matter how much I love the looks or the capabilities, they were just scrap bin cars in regards to build quality. :nono: