Whats the stupidest thing you have done to your supra?

Bri7man

"Yeah! Take the lemons.."
Jul 17, 2009
Torrance, CA
Starting car with wrench and socket on crank then revving it up to keep it alive not knowing what was happening...

belair7mgte

Jul 30, 2009
Orlando, Florida
My friend put the the T-Top on without screwing it into place, I didnt know it wasnt fastened to that SOB flew right off as I was doing 90. Scared the shit out of me...:cry:

Rob_Supra87

87NAPWR
Aug 3, 2008
Millbrae
When I had my supra I installed the suspension my self and got lazy and cut up and bended up the rear plastic speaker part to get the rear shocks out $( had TEMS). The back looked like crap after, this was on a supra with 80k miles at the time, immaculate interior until then.

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
stupidest thing thing I ever did....

bought a 1jz head off CL that had been machined for oversized valves. it had a gouge out of it so I had to get it machined. then when I went to put the cam in the valves were to long and were stuck open. I took the valves back to the same machine shop to get them ground down a bit and the guy too WAY to much off. so then my valve clearances were way off. not knowing what to do I machined small washers to put under the buckets (I don't suggest this). that helped but it's still not really right and those washers are still in there..... I should get that fixed soon.

second dumbest thing is I bought 2jz cams and had them machined for my 1jz. when I was installing the intake it didn't seem to be sitting right, but I just kept tightening the bearings, it broke :cry:. now I have 1jz intake and 2jz exhaust cam and nobody want to sell me just an intake cam, go figure.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Thread back from the dead! Thread necromancy at its best. :p

As for me... Hmm, I would have to say buying it. Seriously. Should have bought my 88 back instead of the 89 I have now...

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
on my 82 i replaced a gernaded rod with a used one from a diff motor. used the rings and bearings from donor motor, never checked the crank, and even re-used the HG (which was a felpro) . ran like a champ for about 6 months till the timing belt snapped, then i just replaced the motor and sold it.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Grandavi;1885477 said:
Buying my Supra without 40k sitting in the bank to pay for all the repairs and upgrades in the first year so I could actually drive the car...
Those must be Canadian dollars, I can't see someone with 40k American sitting in the bank bothering to drive a Supra. :p

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Grandavi;1886210 said:
rofl : )
I can afford better.. I CHOOSE to own a Supra... :p
Better is often subjective sir, long as you love your car, that's what matters. :)