Whats the best suspension

HyRisk

Drifting since ∞
Sep 26, 2005
Yay Area
What would the best suspension be? n00b questions, but it seems that a lot of people are really happy with their ebay kits, or eibachs, and of course the teins. I just want something that can be adjustable for street use, and drifting. (Dont rag, Imma give it a shot with my tank. :naughty: ) Personally, if you would have the budget to spend. What would you buy? Id roll with teins all the way.

JBatt87T

Apr 28, 2005
Athens, GA
AbFlug A70 YSR Coilovers of course. It all depends on the driver really, one guy might love his Tien set up but the next guy hates his. It just depends on how YOU want your car to ride.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
I'd go TEIN RA, Tanabe sway bars, upgrade the bushings and Cusco strut tower bars. (the carbon ones of course)

So to me thats "best". Virtually any coil over kit is going to be very good though either way.

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Love our TEIN HAs.
But yeah, any real coilover is going to knock the socks off of a spring/strut combo.
Get Whiteline or ST swaybars. Strut tower braces (at least front) and targa brace, do-luck X-brace and poly or nylon bushings and you're set.
(didn't know tanabe made swaybars for mkiiis)

Anomili

Obsessed
Apr 9, 2005
In an Igloo
www.cardomain.com
I am leaning towards the tokico illumina II's with eibach springs. I don't know how this kit will ride as I haven't heard of it before. However, I need a system to go with my HKS tems controller.

Dave

HyRisk

Drifting since ∞
Sep 26, 2005
Yay Area
Well, for street use I really like the stiffness of a mkiv. Its just downright perfect. Not too stiff, and not too bouncy. Dont know if you guys know how it feels like...but I miss mine. Anyways, I'm still goin more towards some Tiens, even though that group buy is sounding pretty tempting...Wish someone could have them installed so I could see their review on it.

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
I have the tein flex coilovers, I like em, without the edfc i dont think id like them as much though... I have 3 settings for now just like tems but full soft on the freeway is sooo nice, right down the center for city and full hard for the onramps!!! A way nicer ride than the ST springs with the stock tems shocks that I had back in the day, better ride all around and better cornering. I wish full hard was a bit harder, but maybe i can accomplish that with different springs???? Jeff???

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
I got the FLT-A2s. Harsh as sin, but I don't care I don't daily the car. On anything but really smooth roads you feel damn near everything, but on the smooth roads, you are rewarded with a great ride. Well, IMO.

-j

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
kwnate said:
I have the tein flex coilovers, I like em, without the edfc i dont think id like them as much though... I have 3 settings for now just like tems but full soft on the freeway is sooo nice, right down the center for city and full hard for the onramps!!! A way nicer ride than the ST springs with the stock tems shocks that I had back in the day, better ride all around and better cornering. I wish full hard was a bit harder, but maybe i can accomplish that with different springs???? Jeff???

The EDFC settings will only change the damper adjustments. Full hard should be stiff in the sense that the car reacts very slowly to bumps. It will still have some brake dive or body roll -- it just slows it down so much that it is less noticeable. Stiffer springs would make the hard -- harder, but it would also make the soft setting harder... It's all a personal preference, but the good news is you can get replacement springs in whatever rate you want.

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
Just a word of advice from someone who has been through it... STAY AWAY FROM TOKICO ILLUMINAS!!!!! I had my set for less then 15,000 miles daily driven and not really abused and my rear driver side blew out already!!! I have heard this happenning to alot of Tockico owners. if you wanna go cheaper route then coilovers get koni with eibach.

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
I got the tokiko illumina II's + eibach, handles great, wonderful ride. To be honest the TEMS doesn't make as much difference as I had hoped ... I'm wondering if they're even on right.

I replaced the rack/pinion, wheel bearings and put in ST sway bars all at once, i coudln't believe the difference it was night/day... i thought my car handled OK before.... but i was shocked at just how sloppy my supra was previously compared to the way it is now.

hot dayam mk3

Oct 17, 2005
buddy clubs p1's racing coilovers ftw!!! which im waiting patiently to be on my front door step. but for now im running Bilstein struts with ST sports springs and tanabe swaybar. very nice and predictable on turns and not to harsh of a ride.