What the hell is going on in Arkansas?!

7Matt-GE

Nov 18, 2009
Becker, Minnesota
something is in the atmosphere, i bet you bucks that it turns out to be a poisoning case just like with the bees. this i more on a global scale however..though im very curious. are any other birds affected? it seems to be only black birds. they also seem to be bleeding from the mouth.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
'Tis the end of the world for birds. Soon, it will spread to other breeds. By Dec 21, 2012, there will be no more turkeys... and Christmas, four days later, will be full of fail. Someone, somewhere, denied their Christmas turkey dinner, will press the button...

end+of+the+world.jpg

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
laotionracer101;1657152 said:
atleast he's ^ looking optimisting :)

umm I'm pretty sure launching a nuclear strike because of no said turkey...is umm not very optimistic....

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
the thing is, if this progresses to other species of fish and birds the world could have a serious food problem. most of the world relies on fish and birds to some extent for protein sources.

laotionracer101

Jan 8, 2010
Arkansas
fixitman04;1657246 said:
the thing is, if this progresses to other species of fish and birds the world could have a serious food problem. most of the world relies on fish and birds to some extent for protein sources.

But, you do realize the fish is the species- drum? which is not really utilized as a food source (for humans) they do grow very large so its safe to say they are higher on the food chain, which means if they disappeared the animal kingdom probably wouldn't cry about it. But as for the birds again on top of the food chain, but some plants do really on them to spread seeds so point taken, somewhat.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
7Matt-GE;1657104 said:
maybe the polarity of the earth is about to switch?? LOL

Oddly, that's about the only thing they have in common. Both birds and fish have an internal compass...

Not saying it's the answer, but at least it make some sense.

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
laotionracer101;1657254 said:
But, you do realize the fish is the species- drum? which is not really utilized as a food source (for humans) they do grow very large so its safe to say they are higher on the food chain, which means if they disappeared the animal kingdom probably wouldn't cry about it. But as for the birds again on top of the food chain, but some plants do really on them to spread seeds so point taken, somewhat.

re read what i wrote please..IF THIS PROGRESSES TO OTHER SPECIES OF FISH AND BIRDS. it could be a problem. i realize that the current effected animals are not usually food. but there are many many types of bird and fish that are.

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

that may also prove my theory, they used a lot of "dispersant" chemicals that were sprayed aerially, and applied directly to the water to clean up (cover up is probably a better word) that oil spill. while they have stated that no poison was found who is to say that it is not a long term effect of a chemical that has been processed through by the dead animals with no after trace. they may have physical damage that finally killed them months later. this could be the beginning of a big problem.

for now im ruling out the poles switching because we have very sensitive equipment out there that also relies on the magnetic poles to a greater extent than the animals.... none of them have had any problems that the public has been made aware of yet. so probably there isnt a problem there.

89nasupra

Sugar, Water, Purple
Apr 8, 2008
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
wow, according to what SupraMario posted, it's not just Drum and Black birds anymore. could this be the beginning of the end?

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

In BP’s defense, wouldn’t there be more dead seafood along the Louisiana coast?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Huh... Certainly interesting, whatever's going on. Bird flu v2.0?

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...en-fish-Brazil-New-Zealand-crabs-England.html

now here are some food species... in the gulf as well. this could really be the start of a big problem. a lot of seafood and edible bird species are very hardy due to selective breeding over the years so they are probably not going to be the first to fall.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

remember there was also a hurricane shortly after the cleanup stopped, this more than likely spread the bad chemicals out into the inner continental flows notice where most of the dead is in america... now look to europe and austrailia .... notice a pattern real heavy in the gulf area for us... and starting to show up on the continental flow areas everywhere else.

i hope im wrong...

89nasupra

Sugar, Water, Purple
Apr 8, 2008
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
there must be a lot of Supras near that river!!

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

said hurricane did fizzle out but the system it self did keep going. could have something to do with it.