what is a TTR?

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Was just wondering what exactly a TTR is? I see a lot of talk about them but not an actual definition. Maybe I'm just a bad supra owner but if someone could enlighten me?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Twin turbo R.

There true original jza70's with recaro interior bilstiens and a few other things.

Maple191

Mar 21, 2012
Toronto
No they werent, not in Canada. RHD's they were only avilible in Japan, all TTR's were 1JZ's. You can find an imported TTR now but thats it.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
BoostMonger;1908043 said:
No sir. Ttr is top of chain like the gt was for the 7m

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Close. The top model for the MA70 was the 3.0GT Limited. Highest Model for the JZA70 was the 2.5GT Limited (i want the seats out one of those). TT-R was in a sense a more track oriented version of the standard 2.5GT. Kind of like the TurboA but not quite. Since that was a Homologation car.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
TT-R got special badging, 1JZ-GTE, Torsen LSD, full Recaro interior (hence the "R"), Momo steering wheel and shift knob (on manual cars), uh....and some more stuff, can't remember off the top of my head. But it's a trim line.

Maple191

Mar 21, 2012
Toronto
hvyman;1908118 said:
Canada got rhd 1jz cars. Seen a couple on Craigslist before with recaros as well.
They are Japan. imported. We do not sell RHD cars from factory here.
They import them all day every day here.

garagefujimoto

Local Tire Destroyer
May 27, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
A special version of the 1JZ-GTE equipped JZA70, the 2.5 Twin Turbo R, had black/gray Recaro seats, a Torsen differential, Bilstein suspension and uprated springs, Momo wheel and gear knob and matching interior trim. This was the fastest factory production version of the Mark III Supra, running 13.8sec 1/4 mile. This model had an option for ABS and was the lightest of all the Mark III Supras.
The rarest of all JZA70's is the Twin Turbo Limited, although it has the same engine package as the Twin Turbo R models it came standard with sunroof (whereas JZA70 R's did not offer this option), digital dash readout, full leather interior and optional window seal protectors as well as ABS.