What happens when u drive @ cruising speeds on the hwy & your wheel falls off?

CampbellsChunkySoupra

best be eating your soup!
Jan 28, 2007
Norwalk, IA
www.dragsource.net
wow. thread exploded lol.

yeah, well from my previous experiences, most lugs will fit the stock wheels. the sawblades do require the stock lugs. talk about learning experience! should only need the fender and some new studs. the rotor is fine. might need a new mudflap and/or a trim piece or two at most. should be cheaper then $200 if i do it right.

oh, im going to replace that tire that was bubbling so bad too.

BLAH! and everyone was right when they say: the problems with supras is their owner, not the car itself. 0wn3D!

i have pictures of the rim, ill get those sent to photobucket tomorrow. its not too terribly bad, ill just get the tire replaced on my 5 spoked rim and all will be okay.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
quick question;

my brakes sqeek a tiny bit sometimes, usually just when cold...but i noticed with my windows down that my left front squeeks a bit more when i turn to the right..and goes away when i turn left.

that wouldnt have anything to do with how well the wheel is bolted down, would it? because the caliper and rotor aren't effected by a loose tire...i dont think...

i checked my lugs the other day and they all felt snug. no i didnt torque them.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
Figit090 said:
quick question;

...but i noticed with my windows down that my left front squeeks a bit more when i turn to the right..and goes away when i turn left

i checked my lugs the other day and they all felt snug. no i didnt torque
them.

The squeek sounds like it might be a wheel bearing.

Go out and torque the wheel lugs correctly...do it...do it now.

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
suprabad said:
The squeek sounds like it might be a wheel bearing.

Go out and torque the wheel lugs correctly...do it...do it now.

is there a tutorial on that? because i have no real reason to think they are on wrong but..i dont know what i should do to back them off/ retorque them in the correct pattern either...

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
its almost ironic that the ft/lbs for the wheel lugs is the technically proper/widely accepted torque that Toyota DIDN'T use on the head....

edit

ok i guess its 76 ft/lbs

Last edited:

Syris

Need Rust Repair
Aug 24, 2005
Bryan, OH /Lima, OH
I torque to what the impact puts it too. I dont stay on there for 5 mins but just until I know. Yea yea "you'll warp rotors, blah blah blah" thats for the ones that stay on em for longer