What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
That is old news actually some reason it's spreading again lol I'd love to test drive that MK3 see what a brand new one feels like.

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Doat;2014748 said:
That is old news actually some reason it's spreading again lol I'd love to test drive that MK3 see what a brand new one feels like.

Yeah it's been posted on FB like 6 times in the last week... We got it, dealership has a brand new Supra... End rant

In other news: I'm done polishing as of 2am
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Dropped them off at powder coater this morning. They aren't perfect, but it think they will work for being 25 year old wheels

Last edited:

teedoff00

14 psi boost
Dec 5, 2007
Selah, WA
Finished installing my coilovers over the weekend. I need to raise the front some as I get rubbing when turning into driveways etc on 90 degree angles.

Before:
tJr6zvu.jpg

After:
WHoGmYg.jpg

Between putting the coilovers in and wiring up the EDFC Active, I spent most of my weekend. I also decided to remount my amps etc in the hatch so that was fun too.

Driving impressions are great. It gives a very comfortable ride at setting 12 and above, and firms up nicely on 8 and below. Really impressed as I have Bilstein/Eibach combo on my Audi and I would compare the ride on that to a 6-4 range on these coilovers. Very pleased.

mirage83

Mar 21, 2008
Georgia
Finally got around to putting new neoprene washers on the lower trim piece on the hatch. Either they're working really, really well and didn't leak when it rained like hell for around 15 minutes this afternoon, or they did leak but the water evaporated before I clocked out. If anyone is interested, I used some from Home Depot, #597487.

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
mirage83;2014867 said:
Finally got around to putting new neoprene washers on the lower trim piece on the hatch. Either they're working really, really well and didn't leak when it rained like hell for around 15 minutes this afternoon, or they did leak but the water evaporated before I clocked out. If anyone is interested, I used some from Home Depot, #597487.

Where did you put them. My hatch leaks a bit but I don't think washers will fix it? But hell I'll try anything at this point.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mirage83

Mar 21, 2008
Georgia
Chris_87_Turbo;2014881 said:
Where did you put them. My hatch leaks a bit but I don't think washers will fix it? But hell I'll try anything at this point.

The lower glass trim piece, fits right at the base of the glass. It has 4 bolts and 2 plugs. The bolts and the plugs originally came with neoprene washers, but they deteriorate over time and aren't available through Toyota unless you buy the trim piece itself. The washers from Home Depot are just a touch large on the ID, but the OD is the same as the original washer and should work fine. They are thinner however, so I used two washers on each bolt. The washers for the two plugs on each end of the trim I haven't been able to source yet (it's very low density neoprene, very soft) so I'm trying regular O-rings of the proper dimensions to see how they work for the time being.

Other potential sources of leaks you might have to contend with are the spoiler bases/seals, wiper shaft seal, antenna base, and tail light seals.

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
I'm gonna have to look into it. Thanks. It's not the wiper cause I shaved that. My spoiler has rtv in the holes to seal them and the tail lights were sealed with clear rtv after I painted the car.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
C550adapter.jpg
I got 20 adapters today for denso style injectors.
I test fitted them and they fit well but i did discover I have at least one broken injector clip. I might replace the stock clip so i can use my 440s for smog or i could solder on a pig tail..

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Today I aimed my projector headlights lower because they were aimed too high and shining in people's mirrors and oncoming traffic slightly even though I aimed them the way The Retrofit Source says to aim them: the top cutoff should be level with the bottom of a regular passenger car mirror. After a little searching I read that they are actually supposed to be aimed two inches below the center of the projector. Doing this moved the cutoff much farther down so they shouldn't be shining up anymore. I'll have a friend let me know next time I am behind them at night if it is any better, I assume it should be much better.

I went for a test drive and was checking to make sure they still put out enough light that I would be able to see animals in the road and such, and then out of nowhere a opossum crawls out into a 50 mph road, I was able to see him and come to a stop so I would say that they are still good!

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Lol... I want to drive to SIV... Not doing 2000 km one way with the top off...

I bought a used (rebuilt) AC compressor from a member here... Another waste of money. They wouldn't touch it... Said it looked too beat up and was very low on oil. It was filthy...

Most of my used purchases have been colossal wastes of money...

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
dropped off the motor, crank and pistons off at the machine shop. now trying to decide between h beam eagles, or i beam crowers.
i also ordered my titan headgasket, and some material to make a cold air intake and aluminum catback. :)