What did you do to your supra today? Pics

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Janch;2000304 said:
so this was just when stripping of paint? under it is polished wheel? i wanted to polish mines soon but if this is whats under ill do it tommarrow :D

Yeah, it's a clean machined face under the factory clear coat.

It will be less protected though so that nice machined look may not last...

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
I had a car a few years ago with machined finish (and clear coated) saw blades. Actually looked pretty decent. I'll see if I can find some pics.

Edit: Best I could find. Pic from previous owner... pretty sure its a scanned polaroid so excuse the quality lolScreenshot_2014-04-10-18-51-54.png

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
Quin thats exactly ive immagined my sawblades
mayyybe to paint them white later but definalety like shiny look on them.

ImperfectSupra

May 19, 2007
Virginia Beach
The wheels are actually really nice under the paint. The flat face was easy to strip, but the openings are a bit more stubborn . Then again I used the spray aircraft removal instead of the thicker stuff that comes in a gallon can and is brushed on. Im going to try the brush on next for the crevices. Then polish and maybe clear coat if needed

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
Was getting ready to go to a machine shop this morning, got a call from a friend of my dad's has jdm 7mge for sale at a steal, putting it in this weekend, has egr deleted and mid sump, so I'll have to swap some parts. Is my original wire harness compatible or would I have to use the one that came with it?. I also figured why not start a proper NA-T build since I have this motor apart, time to start heavy browsing/ reading
8a5e9eny.jpg
gy4ura7a.jpg
yge6u6es.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
Nothing as far to my knowledge, it's just cheaper than my original plan. I forgot to mention my supras my DD so down time is bad haha. My plan was rebuild my 7mge save $ buy a gte rebuild for 500whp and swap again. Now I'll just rebuild my Na block for a turbo. The jdm 7m isn't off a supra tho, the y pipe is different, has the egr blocked off and midsump oil pan. Maybe a Cressida or something?

Atlas

You call this a sandwich?
Aug 22, 2012
Clovis CA
If the engine doesn't have the Y-pipe then it's a non-supra engine. Probably a from a Cressida. The Y-pipe works for the ACIS to give you different intake runner lengths at different rpms to maximize power throughout the rev range. ACIS helps give a nice oomph after a certain RPM. If you're going NA-T then it's up to you whether or not you wanna swap your upper intake onto the new engine. ACIS on an NA-T 7MGE is kinda a grey area. Some say yes it helps, others say otherwise. In either case good luck with your build!

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
Thanks for the info Atlas! Yea I'll have to do more research on NA-T, I plan on going all out so it'll be a slow build as funds will allow but goal is 1 year or less I want to do it right and dependable.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
ImperfectSupra;2000342 said:
Thi is how it looks in the daylightView attachment 72466

Looks Good!

Backlash2032;2000344 said:
Wheels are on wrong sides. Once you notice it, you can't unsee it

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

I was going to say this, but you beat me to it. It really is very noticeable once you realize it.

ImperfectSupra;2000348 said:
I know, just got new tires and some rookie at firestone did it

Whenever I take my car somewhere I always remind them multiple times that they are directionals despite how they look.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
drogon;2000359 said:
Nothing as far to my knowledge, it's just cheaper than my original plan. I forgot to mention my supras my DD so down time is bad haha. My plan was rebuild my 7mge save $ buy a gte rebuild for 500whp and swap again. Now I'll just rebuild my Na block for a turbo. The jdm 7m isn't off a supra tho, the y pipe is different, has the egr blocked off and midsump oil pan. Maybe a Cressida or something?

I can feel your pain man my supra is my DD but I plan to fix up my accord to get it back to DD status but I just hate driving that car so much lol.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Doat;2000372 said:
I can feel your pain man my supra is my DD but I plan to fix up my accord to get it back to DD status but I just hate driving that car so much lol.

If you hate it that much it's just more motivation to keep the Supra road worthy! :)

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Silver MK3;2000373 said:
If you hate it that much it's just more motivation to keep the Supra road worthy! :)
it really is that's why it is taking me so long to fix the accord lol. The Supra is MUCH more comfortable, better to drive, AC actually works, the steering doesn't feel like it is made out of wood, and the seats don't hurt my back in 10 minutes. Just can't beat cars made from the 90s.

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
i installed my new odyssey battery and stm hold down. threw in another new starter. i also decided to put on my apr carbon fiber drift wing. now to get it sanded and re-cleared. :)

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Doat;2000375 said:
it really is that's why it is taking me so long to fix the accord lol. The Supra is MUCH more comfortable, better to drive, AC actually works, the steering doesn't feel like it is made out of wood, and the seats don't hurt my back in 10 minutes. Just can't beat cars made from the 90s.

I know what you mean. There is a really solid feel to the Supra, you can tell it was made to be solid and quality, not with whatever plastic was cheaper at the time. The only pieces on my car's interior that have broken are the rear ashtray, and that was someone not pulling it out the correct way, the passenger seat belt cap stretched when I took them off to replace the rear hatch shocks, and my ebrake and shift boots were a little crusty after 25 years. I replaced all of these little things and it is great. No squeaks, loose parts, rattles, just solid Toyota quality.

As far as what I did to my Supra today, I drove it as usual. Around here we get pollen really bad this time of the year. To the point where it leaves a thick nasty film on the cars after just a few days and when it rains and then the roads dry out there are yellow streaks of pollen left where the water puddled and ran down the road. My Supra spends most of the time in the garage, and it is still covered. I tried taking the blower today to blow the pollen off, but it didn't really work. I'm just glad it's silver and not black. I hate this pollen, it's ridiculous.

I also ordered all the parts for my new exhaust on my Supra. I'm excited to get rid of the rattling noise the stock one makes since it is falling apart on the inside.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Silver MK3;2000384 said:
I know what you mean. There is a really solid feel to the Supra, you can tell it was made to be solid and quality, not with whatever plastic was cheaper at the time. The only pieces on my car's interior that have broken are the rear ashtray, and that was someone not pulling it out the correct way, the passenger seat belt cap stretched when I took them off to replace the rear hatch shocks, and my ebrake and shift boots were a little crusty after 25 years. I replaced all of these little things and it is great. No squeaks, loose parts, rattles, just solid Toyota quality.

As far as what I did to my Supra today, I drove it as usual. Around here we get pollen really bad this time of the year. To the point where it leaves a thick nasty film on the cars after just a few days and when it rains and then the roads dry out there are yellow streaks of pollen left where the water puddled and ran down the road. My Supra spends most of the time in the garage, and it is still covered. I tried taking the blower today to blow the pollen off, but it didn't really work. I'm just glad it's silver and not black. I hate this pollen, it's ridiculous.

I also ordered all the parts for my new exhaust on my Supra. I'm excited to get rid of the rattling noise the stock one makes since it is falling apart on the inside.
The only thing that rattles is my trunk and steering column cover because I tightened it a little too much I guess and half of the threaded part broke so it's not tight and rattles over bumps and such. Drives me insane but for a 20 year old car and those are the only rattles and squeaks is not bad at all and everything still feels tight as a drum especially the steering you get a nice feel of what the front wheels are doing and yet it is comfortable for long drives. I am glad the Mk3 was built to be a GT car and I have driven it for long periods and never was tired after the journey.

David97

Oct 11, 2012
Wisconsin
Not today but yesterday.

Installed my new precision turbo. Found the cause of my boost spike being the cheap mbc from the past owner, so took it off. Replaced a couple spark plug wires that were causing a miss. Then found out why my car kept randomly during. So gotta fix a couple wires.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2