What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
Wet sanded and gave it a new paint job. Sprayed all the grills back to black and clear costed the rub rails on the doors. Did all the body work earlier this week.

yjugyvuj.jpg
a4yze9yq.jpg
sysabyge.jpg
sa4yhahe.jpg
nydesu3u.jpg
a5a5e9uq.jpg
ravunary.jpg
buvezasa.jpg

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
It's hard to lay down a good coat of metallic.. I'm not sure if you have too much or too little over lap as I've never sprayed it, ive just heard things. Super easy to get tiger stripes haha

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
For the price it appears to be a good paint. I plan on doing a write up/review on the paint and clear coat once it's buffed and polished.

Chris

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
atmperformance;2000570 said:
I moved to a new place so i'd have more room to work on the supra, I have roommates too which means cheaper rent and more money for car fun. The down side? well they asked to go into my room today to try to snake out the drain through my toilet. I didn't really want them in my room as i had boxes of stuff stacked up but i didn't have much of a choice as i was at work and they wanted draining water.

Well I come home tonight to find my Supra hatch shade box on the bottom of 6 other boxes in the living room. pull them off and low and behold my sun shade is broken in 2.

I'm really upset, it's not easy to find another and i spent around $200 on the one i did have. I'm bitching on supra mania because if i saw a roommate right now i might punch them in the face unexpectedly.

I would not be happy at all. Hopefully you can resolve something with them.

Backlash2032;2000597 said:
Well, last night was a lot of fun. Went cruising with the girlfriend, ran across a LOT of cars, but not many wanted to play. Raced a Camaro SS basically street legal drag car.. the thing was still loping at 2000 rpm lol.. full cage, et streets, needless to say I got my ass handed to me. Hard core haha. That race was just for Shits and giggles.

Then I ran across a sn95 cobra.. then I may have accidentally kinda sorta took him for a walk. So maybe my car is a little faster than I thought haha

Edit: forgot to mention, my night ended with blue and red lights flashing... Luckily it was just for expired plates. I could have swore they were up at the end of April!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

This reminded me my tags expire at the end of the month. Looks like I have to take a trip down to the DMV here sometime soon and talk to all the lovely, competent, caring people that work there.... I hope I don't have to switch to the new plates Alabama got this year.

Chris_87_Turbo;2000659 said:
For the price it appears to be a good paint. I plan on doing a write up/review on the paint and clear coat once it's buffed and polished.

Chris

Be sure to post up some more pics for us as you go through the processes.

Today I washed my Supra, I literally couldn't keep up with the pollen. As I was wiping off the back of the car the front was already getting covered again.

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
Quin;2000471 said:
Unless I knew/heard/saw that motor run I'd at least pull the pan and throw a hg and new Toyota bolts at minimum in it. JDM motors didn't have EGR stock BTW. JDM just means it sat in a junkyard in Japan instead of in the US. Given 7M tendency to pop HGs and how shitty it is to do in car I would definitely check it out prior to install.
Oh forsure I would hate to stick the motor in and find out I either need to pull it back out or do repairs while its in, My dad actually had a toyota gasket set already, tensioner for the timing belt replaced, had a new water pump and hoses from my old motor, swapped over the egr stuff, oddly the injectors in it were different and didnt even mate to the harness that came with the engine, I swapped in my fuel rail and harness anyways it was just odd to me. I also put in my ARPs from my old block, Pan had to be pulled off anyways since it was a mid sump, it looked almost new and so did the cams deffinently a low milage engine or really taken care of. Even the head was in better shape than my old one. Should have it in by tomorrow.

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
I can tell you what would have happened. A never ending display of tail lights. There is a reason that a good chunk of people that buy a Viper will eventually kill themselves in it. If I remember correctly its like 8 out of 10 or something like that. Those things just have an awesome amount of power and almost no weight to car itself plus they handle better than most drivers on the road are capable of doing. I have driven a few of them including one that was twin supercharged (this was the only car to ever scare the shit out of me, it was stupid fast) the rest were stock and 1 twin turbo based off the STS system for corvettes.

Chris

Chris

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
atmperformance;2000791 said:
is the starter not the issue?

i am pretty sure it is. the only one they had was a $60 one. i tried to buy a better one, but they said it would be a month out. wtf. i do know one thing, if it starts when you tap it then it's a bad starter. at this point it would be cheaper to just throw this one away and but a good one from rockauto.

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
Yea I dyno'd one a few years back at my college, if you've been up to date with the news, it was ordered to be crushed. All bc students from other schools went for joy rides and crashed them. The one at my school was a rare one. #4 produced in 92 with a non factory non removal top. Jay Leno wanted to buy it but the school turned it down years back ago

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Today I got gas in the Supra. I saw a MK4 Supra as well, but wasn't able to wave because I was to busy honking at the idiot running the red light. I actually didn't see the MK4, I heard a turbo, looked in my rear view and saw a white MK4 going the other way. I usually try and wave at all Supras that I see but missed this one.

ImperfectSupra

May 19, 2007
Virginia Beach
Took the topboff for the first time since I bought the ride 3 months ago. A little wobbly but the breeze was nice.
I also beat a minivan and moved allnof my tools out of the car, now that I am comfortable with its reliability.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk