What did you do to your supra today? Pics

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
drogon;1998913 said:
I got a H3 LED bulb off superbrightleds looks alot like 4300k, close enough to my 6000k HIDs. not super bright tho Idk why ive never been a fan of HID and yellow fogs but ive been wanting to do the rewire for quite some time but the relay does seem like a PITA to get too.
Silver MK3;1998905 said:
Well now I have to do it. I don't know if I will keep the regular halogens in there, go with yellow for a contrast to the headlights, or maybe try and find a bulb that would match my 4300k headlights, maybe LEDs or so?

I will get those pictures I promised yesterday up tonight. I haven't contributed any pictures to this thread in a while.

I'm currently using Putco Yellow H3's with the Acura Yellow Capsules because I have a Pre-89 front end, 89+ can use the Lexus Capsules.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
gsxr141;1998925 said:
i see. i got a really good deal on them. i wasn't going to go aem, but i got a good deal on that too. :)
i totally understand where you're coming from.
i actually found a built short block with carrillo's and je/titan pistons. unfortunately the seller hasn't gotten back to me yet.

just knock down the sharp edges on the pistons and youre fine

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
JDMMA70;1998930 said:
just knock down the sharp edges on the pistons and youre fine

that's what i had heard. i am definitely going to do that.
this build is being done on a budget, but not cheaply...... if you know what i mean. ;)
i just look for the best deals i can find and jump on them.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Yea cheap builds never go well and you end up spending more than if you went with quality parts in the first place. I plan to not cheap out on my 2JZ build when I finally get to it that build will cost more than what I paid for the car easily lol.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
The other evening on my way home I saw the sun setting over the "mountain" as the locals call it, and they just built this road through the local research park in anticipation of expansion, but nothing has been built on it so no one drives on it. I pulled onto the road and took a few pictures. I was probably there for about 15 minutes and not a single car came by. I didn't have a real camera with me, but my phone takes fairly decent pictures. I wish I had the foglight rewire done for this, I think it would have looked great. Anyway, here's a couple pictures. I really need to throw my real camera in the car, it is the only thing I take pictures of anyway.

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
Janch;1998982 said:
so here is the fog video. only thing i cant do is to turn them on separately without parking lights. ignition was turned to ACC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0IN4x1DEM4

Nice! But your parking lights were on with the fog lights. If that's how it is for EDM vehicles, that's awesome! I rewired mine for only fog lights, without head lights or parking lights. Completely independent, but still need key on accessory.

A-to-the-J;1997086 said:
Did my fog light only mod :)

4aqy6ava.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
A-to-the-J;1998985 said:
Nice! But your parking lights were on with the fog lights. If that's how it is for EDM vehicles, that's awesome! I rewired mine for only fog lights, without head lights or parking lights. Completely independent, but still need key on accessory.

That's exactly how I did mine. Loved it. Gotta do the same shit on my next one.

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
Yes it is. I cant turn them on independenlty like you A-to-the-J but i really like this way and my 2 buddies has exactly the same so i guess its hows its ment for EDM Supras. Oh i dont have to turn ignition to acc i did just not to be annoyed of beep sound while door was open.
Good luck on rewiring fogs guys hahaha :p

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Quick question.. I boost leak tested my intercooler piping a couple days ago. Basically I capped off the turbo inlet, and at the throttle body. Found a fair amount of leaks but the pressure gauge I had would still drop from 10 psi to 0 in 1-2 minutes. I thought it would be a closed system, so it should just hold pressure, right? The only thing I could think of is leaking through the turbo seals..

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Finished fine-tuning the shifter and welded it all solid. Stock shifter (was sogi'd) but I extended and re bent it to suit my driving position.

3rd gear

Neutral

4th gear