What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
but i thought that u can turn on fogs without headlights beeing tuned on. when i test fitted mine i remeber i turned them on without headlights but just parking light and turned off together with lights. maybe there is difference for Euro and Us models?

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Silver MK3;1998755 said:
Yeah, that's the one. I really do like the way the MK3 Supra looks like the fog lights but no headlights on, its a menacing kind of look almost. I'm going to look back over the thread I had on it and might just go with the way in the link you posted. I haven't heard of anyone having problems using that method. I do have a quick question for you: If you have only the foglights on do they auto shut off like the rest of the lights, or does the switch need to be turned off everytime you park the car?

When I did mine it would come on and off via the switch as long as i have my key turned to the ON position and independent from the headlights.

Janch - all USDM supras fogs are only on when the headlights are on and off when highbeams are toggled. It was never an independent from the factory. Maybe the Euro ones are different.

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
Got my Gauge pillar mounted last weekend, I still would like to trim a bit off where it touched the windshield but other than that i really enjoy it. Here's a short video of the car starting. I'll be buttoning this up this week. Sill needs the power steering pump installed and a few other things so it should be driving by the weekend. http://youtu.be/m2XSssla71M

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
Silver MK3;1998755 said:
Yeah, that's the one. I really do like the way the MK3 Supra looks like the fog lights but no headlights on, its a menacing kind of look almost. I'm going to look back over the thread I had on it and might just go with the way in the link you posted. I haven't heard of anyone having problems using that method. I do have a quick question for you: If you have only the foglights on do they auto shut off like the rest of the lights, or does the switch need to be turned off everytime you park the car?

It will auto-turn off when the car turns off, you can leave the switch on.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Janch;1998812 said:
but i thought that u can turn on fogs without headlights beeing tuned on. when i test fitted mine i remeber i turned them on without headlights but just parking light and turned off together with lights. maybe there is difference for Euro and Us models?

I remember reading the Australian Supras are wired so that the fog lights can be run independent of the headlights, like a driving light. There was probably some US requirement that would not allow it. I believe I also read that the Australian ones got an auto-up driver window from the factory while the USDM ones did not, we have that little tab that most people break off to get auto-up windows. I think they were saying it was something like the thought us Americans were too stupid to keep our hands out of the window when we hit the auto-up button...

akito;1998835 said:
When I did mine it would come on and off via the switch as long as i have my key turned to the ON position and independent from the headlights.

Janch - all USDM supras fogs are only on when the headlights are on and off when highbeams are toggled. It was never an independent from the factory. Maybe the Euro ones are different.

A-to-the-J;1998857 said:
It will auto-turn off when the car turns off, you can leave the switch on.

Thanks for the responses guys, I just wanted to make sure. I like the auto-off feature. It prevents me from leaving my lights on when I park the car. I don't think I would do that without noticing, but you never know.

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
Silver MK3;1998866 said:
Thanks for the responses guys, I just wanted to make sure. I like the auto-off feature. It prevents me from leaving my lights on when I park the car. I don't think I would do that without noticing, but you never know.

I would love to wire the car so that instead of just shutting the lights off and leaving the headlights up, it would retract them when you get out of the car. It looks dumb when the headlights are up without being on.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Pyro15D;1998874 said:
I would love to wire the car so that instead of just shutting the lights off and leaving the headlights up, it would retract them when you get out of the car. It looks dumb when the headlights are up without being on.

Yeah, I always turn the lights off when I have the headlights on. I am afraid of people messing with them or stealing my headlights even. It's only a couple screws holding them on... I do like the auto-off for during the day when I just have my taillights on along with my corner lights.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Pyro15D;1998876 said:
I agree. Too easy for people to mess with. I love driving with the running lights and fogs though. It looks sweet!

There's so much pressure for me to do my fog light rewire now! :) Hopefully I can get it done here before it starts to get real hot. Last week we had temperatures in the low 20's today the high was in the mid 80s....

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
A bit more motivation!
5ujazeja.jpg

nydejy8a.jpg

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Pyro15D;1998879 said:
A bit more motivation!
5ujazeja.jpg

nydejy8a.jpg

Well now I have to do it. I don't know if I will keep the regular halogens in there, go with yellow for a contrast to the headlights, or maybe try and find a bulb that would match my 4300k headlights, maybe LEDs or so?

I will get those pictures I promised yesterday up tonight. I haven't contributed any pictures to this thread in a while.

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
Silver MK3;1998905 said:
Well now I have to do it. I don't know if I will keep the regular halogens in there, go with yellow for a contrast to the headlights, or maybe try and find a bulb that would match my 4300k headlights, maybe LEDs or so?

I will get those pictures I promised yesterday up tonight. I haven't contributed any pictures to this thread in a while.

I got a H3 LED bulb off superbrightleds looks alot like 4300k, close enough to my 6000k HIDs. not super bright tho Idk why ive never been a fan of HID and yellow fogs but ive been wanting to do the rewire for quite some time but the relay does seem like a PITA to get too.

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
gsxr141;1998906 said:
what's wrong with probes? i'm sure they'll handle more than the 450 i'm shooting for
the valve cut outs on the pistons are larger than they need to be which make a weak point where they like to crack. If you got money for a standalone why not spend the extra 300-400 for proven pistons. I'm not trying to hate just pointing out some have had issues with probe and pistons are not something you want to replace when your cars all back together.

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
i see. i got a really good deal on them. i wasn't going to go aem, but i got a good deal on that too. :)
i totally understand where you're coming from.
i actually found a built short block with carrillo's and je/titan pistons. unfortunately the seller hasn't gotten back to me yet.