What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Janch;1996476 said:
guys ur all crazy hahahah no i dont want to work on my supra anymore.

Grandavi sorry but i laughed a bit when i red u had to put it back together to get to the hospital lol

I laughed too, because there was no real way to stop the blood flow.. :) I was home alone and like most people it never occurred to me to call an ambulance, friend or a cab. I had to get the car back together and drive myself.

PhxBlue;1996497 said:
So the plot thickens..

Car Steering Experts on EBay who I got the rack from says I did the damage to it that I showed in the pic above. They're trying to void my warranty and refuse refund and take the part back.

GAME ON!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to be careful with some of these... they wont warranty if you tell them you put it on yourself. If you read the fine print it sometimes says "Must be installed by a professional"... so you have to be careful what you say on the phone or via email.
Whenever this crap happens, it irks me, because you will be on the hook for return shipping.. and if your like me... also the mechanic's time for R&R.

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
If ur lucky u can get some good quality parts as well.

Checked boost pressure and its allmost 10psi so someone has "modified" wastegate. How much it should be stock?

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
CT26 is roughly 6-7 psi stock. Shimming the wastegate can get you up to 10-12 psi depending on altitude. If your not going with an upgraded CT26, but you do have a 3" full exhaust, shimming is fine. The turbo can handle that amount of boost easily.

In my head the CT26 performs best at about 12 psi. Once you crawl above that (with a larger wheel like the 57 trim of the 60-1 trim) you start running out of airflow in the upper flow range. I tried 18 psi with my 60-1 and it didn't feel much different than 14 psi.

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
everything is stock. even tho i have 3'' elbow made for CT26 i havent installed it yet. will do that in summer as making 3'' exhaust but cant decide what to do with turbo because i have to change mine. its getting old and leaks oil. not so much but enaugh to have intake oily could get good condition CT26 for 160$ but want something bigger.

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
Doat;1995931 said:
Yea I'll order them soon.

Here is the video of me losing to the cobalt on a short run I was close until shifting that's when he pulled ahead and then I had traffic.
[video=youtube;cJ3B7eTHHc4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ3B7eTHHc4[/video]

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
Pyro15D;1996637 said:
I agree. At the end of the day, Cobalts are like Neons; no matter how fast it is, it's still a Neon (or Cobalt). We have Supras.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Yup exactly! I saw this guy while towing a customers vehicle today and thought I'd share since doat posted being beat by one. Lol

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Pyro15D;1996637 said:
I agree. At the end of the day, Cobalts are like Neons; no matter how fast it is, it's still a Neon (or Cobalt). We have Supras.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Exactly. Not trying to offend anyone, but I personally don't think either of these cars are very good looking. My N/A Supra may be slower, but at least it looks good and stands out from all the other cars on the road.

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
Here are better pictures of the Plasma LED's

Running lights
jy4yqy9a.jpg

Brakes
ume3y6ys.jpg

Running Lights and Turn Signals
jydyze6y.jpg

Reverse
a5u8yjeq.jpg

Still can't figure out why my ash tray, glove box, passenger foot well lights don't work. They all have new bulbs and the fuses are all good.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
They look good. What exactly do you mean when you say plasma LEDs?

Stock the Supra doesn't have passenger foot well lights. Are you maybe using polarized LEDs and they just need to be flipped? Or maybe you missed the plug when putting the car back together so they aren't getting power?

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Those are really bright you can hardly tell the difference from the lights being on and the brake lights lol I do like how they fill the entire rectangle.

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
Silver MK3;1996656 said:
They look good. What exactly do you mean when you say plasma LEDs?

Stock the Supra doesn't have passenger foot well lights. Are you maybe using polarized LEDs and they just need to be flipped? Or maybe you missed the plug when putting the car back together so they aren't getting power?

They're Plasma LED Chips. It's kind of like SMD's, but better. I forgot about the foot well on the passenger side. It's been awhile lol. I'm using standard incandescent bulbs inside for now. I flipped it, wiggled it and still nothing. I never took anything apart, but I can check if the plugs are connected.

Doat;1996657 said:
Those are really bright you can hardly tell the difference from the lights being on and the brake lights lol I do like how they fill the entire rectangle.

It's hard to tell in the picture, but I had a friend follow me and he can tell. Honestly, pictures don't do the lights justice. I did notice the rectangles are full instead of dim on the sides and corners.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
We got some great stories in here. Sold the front end of my car last weekend, haven't touched her since. Need to pull the rest of the parts/motors + trans to drop in a new shell as my shell is toasted. Still haven't had time to get the pictures of what happened a few months ago from my accident up here yet. Will do that soon.