What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
A-to-the-J;1996662 said:
They're Plasma LED Chips. It's kind of like SMD's, but better. I forgot about the foot well on the passenger side. It's been awhile lol. I'm using standard incandescent bulbs inside for now. I flipped it, wiggled it and still nothing. I never took anything apart, but I can check if the plugs are connected.

It's hard to tell in the picture, but I had a friend follow me and he can tell. Honestly, pictures don't do the lights justice. I did notice the rectangles are full instead of dim on the sides and corners.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

I'll have to look into the plasma thing, I've never heard of that. Does your cigarette lighter light work, or the cigarette lighter itself? If the light and lighter doesn't work then the plug may not be connected because I am pretty sure it is one plug for the ash tray, lighter, and lighter light.

Doat;1996664 said:
True cameras tend to over expose lights

It is hard to take pictures of lights and make them come out the way they actually look.

akito;1996682 said:
We got some great stories in here. Sold the front end of my car last weekend, haven't touched her since. Need to pull the rest of the parts/motors + trans to drop in a new shell as my shell is toasted. Still haven't had time to get the pictures of what happened a few months ago from my accident up here yet. Will do that soon.

I hate it that your car got wrecked. It's so pretty. Do you already have the new shell you are going to transfer everything over to?

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
See if anyone knows whats up with this or where I should look.
I have 1000 cc ID injecotrs, 7MGTE, rebuilt head (no cam/porting), HKS long runner manifold, 3" exhaust, SP 6265 turbo, 44mm Tial Wastegate with 10 lb. spring.

This is the initial dyno, wondering what would cause this.
grant's_huge_turbo_v1.jpg

Initially, the turbo wouldn't boost at all for the first 2 pulls, then all of a sudden it hit.. but didn't really spool up properly until 5500 RPM.

So... wondering... you guys think this turbo is too big for the engine or should I be looking elsewhere? The way it sits currently I could probably hit 700 at the wheels with race gas but it wouldn't hit until after 5000 rpm...

I didn't think this turbo was too large for the car, but I think it may be for the way Im set up.

oh... by the way, the HKS Fcon Vpro has the NA side of the engine purring like a kitten and with no boost is running around 260 hp. Sweet setup so far, but this turbo may have to go.

damn.. I may have posted in the wrong area...

(NOTE: I moved this to the Turbo area)

Last edited:

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
Grandavi- Weird that it didn't boost at all for the first two pulls. Don't know what to think about that. But inly 10lbs of boost. Maybe that turbo just needs some more haha

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Im thinking that without porting the exhaust side of the heads and going with different cams, I am going to have to switch turbos. This beast would do ungodly power, but not until the 5000 mark...

Amazing what the Vpro can do with a proper tune though... and we are just starting. :)

I think I am going to have to get a different turbo.

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
y3yveteg.jpg

Getting fenders rolled......:) in prep for Saturdays cruise :)

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Grand that's worse than a friends 6765 .96 on a stock ecu. Gotta be a sizeable pre-turbo exhaust leak or leaky waste gate or something. What's the AR? I seriously doubt that's a turbo problem. Should be @ 10PSI by around 4k, probably sooner.

IndyMK3 or something has a 6266 .68 that was at 10lbs by 3600. Stock ecu no tuning whatsoever 550s/Lex.

Edit: Checked your build thread saw it was a .84. Definitely have another issue man.

Last edited:

PhxBlue

Feb 9, 2014
Arizona
While I'm waiting for the bushings to arrive and my concussion to pass I've decided to ghetto mod the wastegate with some shims.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395358050.307542.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
^^^That happened to me. I discovered the screws holding my actuator on had loosened up so the wastegate wasn't shutting all the way. The reason I didn't notice it had loosened up immediately was because it is an internal wastegate and therefore was muffled like the rest of the exhaust. This car makes me smile a lot now!

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Quin;1996793 said:
Grand that's worse than a friends 6765 .96 on a stock ecu. Gotta be a sizeable pre-turbo exhaust leak or leaky waste gate or something. What's the AR? I seriously doubt that's a turbo problem. Should be @ 10PSI by around 4k, probably sooner.

IndyMK3 or something has a 6266 .68 that was at 10lbs by 3600. Stock ecu no tuning whatsoever 550s/Lex.

Edit: Checked your build thread saw it was a .84. Definitely have another issue man.

Yeah, checked wastegate.. all seems good, pressure tested system... is tight.

At idle, the intake impeller does not spin. Rev up... starts to spin... if you just tap the impeller.. it stops spinning. Really strange.

Everything we test is coming out proper... the only thing acting odd is the turbo itself. Alamo turbo does a "side" test.. where if you give it just a tiny bit of side thrust.. it should still spin freely. This one doesn't. It almost locks right up.
Did the exact same test on 3 garrets sitting nearby.. they all spun freely.

Starting to think the turbo has an issue...

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
I ordered the new gen 3 wideband combo from PLXdevices last week. I had no follow up e-mail about a tracking number so i e-mailed their support team twice but got no reply. Last night I filed a claim with paypal as i got no response to support tickets and suddenly there was a e-mail in my inbox with tracking information! I'm not happy i had to go through sch means to get them off their ass but i do hope it shows up by friday as my car is running and just need to be timed and have the radiator installed. with any luck i'll be tearing up the pavement this weekend

ImperfectSupra

May 19, 2007
Virginia Beach
Finally found the leak in my hatch today and I beat a c6 corvette auto from a 45mph roll in 3rd gear, one of my best kill with perfect shifts.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

ImperfectSupra

May 19, 2007
Virginia Beach
ImperfectSupra;1996847 said:
Finally found the leak in my hatch today and I beat a c6 corvette auto from a 45mph roll in 3rd gear, one of my best kill with perfect shifts.

Dude even gave me a thumb up.

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
Today was a bad day for my supra.. the lady across the street was burning leaves in the alley and it got out of control and lit the garage my supra was in on fire. Now i have water and fire damage to my car. The sad thing is I just bought a new motor for my car this weekend haha... I have bad luck =/

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
maxburn;1996850 said:
Today was a bad day for my supra.. the lady across the street was burning leaves in the alley and it got out of control and lit the garage my supra was in on fire. Now i have water and fire damage to my car. The sad thing is I just bought a new motor for my car this weekend haha... I have bad luck =/
burn her house down... while she's in it.

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
WOW thats hardcore haha.. It looks like her insurance will cover it but i'm worried they are going to just try to total my car since it screwed up my paint bumper hood mirrors and a ton of other stuff since my engine parts were in the front part of the garage which was on fire. With the age of our cars does anyone know a blue book value for our cars since they are classics now?