What did you do to your supra today? Pics

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
3p141592654;1996257 said:
A code 14 is not CPS related. That would be a code 12 or 13. Code 14 is no IGF feedback, which is an ignition issue.

Pi, I thought the same at first. However, there doesn't appear to be a trouble code for either G1 or G2 of the CPS. 12 and 13 deal with NE and G. Additionally, 14 points to ignition circuit. A major part of the ignition circuit is the CPS, correct?

You're much more familiar with the inner workings of the ECU. Could a poor CPS signal lead to a faulty IGF signal? I also had a code 43, but I believe that is attributable to me having to pop start the car. It's entirely possible I have additional issues, but everything else checked out. Intermittent problems are a bear, but all igniter tests passed. I suppose the one thing I didn't check is the wiring at the ECU.

PhxBlue

Feb 9, 2014
Arizona
So.... What did the Supra do to me today....

it turns out that working on a Supra is literally a headache.

I just got home from the ER. I've got a concussion and my forehead glued shut.

Be careful when using hammers. Just sayin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PhxBlue

Feb 9, 2014
Arizona
Yes.

Hammer was being used as leverage to hold something in place when it slipped and rammed into my head.

Rafagazos

Mar 9, 2011
Virginia
wat he said^^^got me curious with all this forehead getting glued talk

but inspection went down today and decided to make a complete mess in my basement to get the saw blades on since tires are bad on my wheels only for the inspection dude to say "nice car tint is too dark but i got you" and ask me if everything was working right and just put the sticker on without even looking at tires -_-

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Ouch that sucks man glad you're alright.

That's why I got legal tint lol I don't want to have to worry about crap like that and get failed for something stupid even though I always see people with like limo tint on their cars. Then again I don't think the guy I went to would say anything since we talked the entire time he did my inspection about my car and his old RX7 FC.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
my MK3 has made my entire body sore for weeks and made my arms look like I was running through cacti field trying to bolt up and connect the turbo lines.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
rofl... I got better... last fall I was showing my son how to check the Supra oil and stepped up onto the curb forgetting about the height difference. So... when I reached down to get the dipstick my head met the hood edge... 6 stitches...

My son laughed...

1172372_10151877591059714_1185977455_o.jpg

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Actually... it hurt like a bugger.. but I was tough about it. It was pouring blood and I walked calmly to the house and told my wife.. I will need a new shirt.. a wet cloth.. and a ride... lol.

My white shirt was very red at that point.. it was bleeding freely...

However.. I had done something similar before... changing a rad in my 1973 Toyota Celica... I almost had it out and the wind caught the hood (they opened backwards). I caught the hood out of the corner of my eye and it slammed past my face as I pulled my head out. (was a pretty strong gust). All I felt was burning in my ear.. and figured I was gonna need to get to the hospital (didn't really know why.. but it sure burned). Took my 15 min to get the rad together and my back was really wet... (thought I was sweating). My neighbor came out and said... "Do you realize your bleeding?"

lol.. I had ripped my ear in half.. but was ignoring it because I knew the only way (other than by ambulance) I was getting to the hospital was to put the rad back together and get coolant in the car. :)
Painfullest stitches I have ever had was sewing my ear back together... they had to freeze the inner ear and I bent the bars on the hospital bed trying not to scream..

... good times!

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
Installed Plasma LED bulbs and a resistor for the turn signals so I don't get the hyper blinker. Horrible picture and hard to see, but I'll take better pictures in the morning. They're SUPER bright.

p1996444_1.jpg

Also, my glove box, ash tray and cigarette lighter bulbs are out. I replaced them, but they're still not working. All the fuses are good and the other interior lights work. Any ideas?

Ninja Edit: didn't get the turn signals in the picture. I took out the amber lenses inside the tail lights and got red bulbs. IMHO, it looks much better.

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
Grandavi;1996443 said:
Actually... it hurt like a bugger.. but I was tough about it. It was pouring blood and I walked calmly to the house and told my wife.. I will need a new shirt.. a wet cloth.. and a ride... lol.

My white shirt was very red at that point.. it was bleeding freely...

However.. I had done something similar before... changing a rad in my 1973 Toyota Celica... I almost had it out and the wind caught the hood (they opened backwards). I caught the hood out of the corner of my eye and it slammed past my face as I pulled my head out. (was a pretty strong gust). All I felt was burning in my ear.. and figured I was gonna need to get to the hospital (didn't really know why.. but it sure burned). Took my 15 min to get the rad together and my back was really wet... (thought I was sweating). My neighbor came out and said... "Do you realize your bleeding?"

lol.. I had ripped my ear in half.. but was ignoring it because I knew the only way (other than by ambulance) I was getting to the hospital was to put the rad back together and get coolant in the car. :)
Painfullest stitches I have ever had was sewing my ear back together... they had to freeze the inner ear and I bent the bars on the hospital bed trying not to scream..

... good times!

Nothing like that happened to me, but i almost had my wrist pop out my hand. I was trying to take the 1jz out the car, as my cousin was working the lift I was shaking it trying to get the engine mounts loose, then the engine suddenly broke loose and lifted up with my wrist stuck between the turbo and the suspension wall, and the worst part was that the engine leaned to the right of the car, so the weight of the engine was on my wrist.

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
guys ur all crazy hahahah no i dont want to work on my supra anymore.

Grandavi sorry but i laughed a bit when i red u had to put it back together to get to the hospital lol

PhxBlue

Feb 9, 2014
Arizona
So the plot thickens..

Car Steering Experts on EBay who I got the rack from says I did the damage to it that I showed in the pic above. They're trying to void my warranty and refuse refund and take the part back.

GAME ON!