What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Glad to help and if you want it to look like ours get amber LEDs for the turn signals, red for the tail lights, and cool white for the reverse basically just get the same color as stock lol.

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
Changed the TPS and TB, took it for a drive and when I went around a corner I heard something metallic bouncing around on the road. Hit the brakes and turned around and found what looked like a caliper bolt in the road. I went straight home, pulled the car up on the ramps to check underneath and didnt see anything missing. All four lower caliper bolts were there.

Took the car out again, driving around fine, getting on it pretty good running through the gears, all is well. Figure the bolt was just in the road and I ran it over and made it bounce around.

Pull out onto a street and during acceleration I hear this loud banging noise, 1/rev (wheel rev)...let off the gas and it stops...accelerate and it comes back. I am near my fathers house so I pull over there, still only does it during acceleration. We crawl underneath and check around some and dont notice anything...

Before I reveal what it turned out to be...anyone wanna take a guess??

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
What type of banging noise is it like a metal banging sound? I will say something with the exhaust side of the motor leaking or loose.

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
so it means i need 8 bulbs in total for rear only right? but does these LEDs gets brighter when pressing brakes? i mean stock bulb comes with 2 filaments.

metalic sound - could be driveshaft rumble. dunno. open the windows get your head out of it and give it a pull. get a fried in other side and try to tell from where it comes

Last edited:

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Janch;1993000 said:
so it means i need 8 bulbs in total for rear only right? but does these LEDs gets brighter when pressing brakes? i mean stock bulb comes with 2 filaments.

metalic sound - could be driveshaft rumble. dunno. open the windows get your head out of it and give it a pull. get a fried in other side and try to tell from where it comes
Yea the bulbs get brighter when you press the brakes etc. I don't remember how many I just looked at the stock bulbs and counted lol I think there are 4 for the red lights, 2 for the turn signals, and 2 for reverse in total, so yea it's probably 8 but double check.

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
checked, aprooved :D 8 bulbs for rear and for total it seems to be ~25 LEDs to change(ext, int, trunk). well i have to say its pricey considered the prices from that website whitch is:
For US and Europe models difference as i believe is only for the side markers. EURO spec dont have them.
FRONT - front side markers 5,95$ each
front turn signals 19,95$ each but i think here can go with less LEDs so price can drop to 6,99$ since maybe not THAT important to be so bright
REAR - turn signals, parking/brake, reverse (8 total)19,95$ each
licence plate 2,99 - 5,95$ each depends how bright
rear sidemarkers - 2,99-5,95$ same here for brightnes
INTERIOR - Dome light, trunk - we want much light so its 6,95$ each
all the other small LED for glow box, doors etc are various from 2,99 - 5,95$
so total for bright set US model comes around exacty 265,08$ thats the way id go. +30$ for shipping to latvia in total is ~295$. well i think ill wait a bit lol. need to change injectors and turbo and.... even dont want to continue :D

so what did i do to my supra today? sat in it and found out my lights are still bright enaugh to be changed :D

so what ill do to that homepage is to take info about what exact LED are needed and buy them Ebay or smth

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
You can find this stuff on ebay too. The quality can be very bad though.

Some comments. The rear hatch and red door lights are 28mm festoons. Most places say 31mm which will fit with bending, but does not match the stock bulb length.

The license plate lights are #89. These have BA15s bases, but space is tight and most BA15s bulbs won't fit. You need something very short and narrow to match the stock bulbs.

The dome lights are T10/BA9s. They site sideways so get some bulbs that project to the side.

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
drogon;1992853 said:
I have white led in doors with clear covers I didn't like the red. I also have them in the dash may be able to take better pics tomorrow for you silvermk3 but I got aftermarket glow gauge faces so it doesn't light up the entire gauge. The flasher relay was also a PITA for me to remove. Here are some pics for the reverse lights doat I also did led conversion couldn't be happier with the lighting, tho they are bright I think the turn signals look badass!
nygupevu.jpg
jy7y5une.jpg
pu6uhu3a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What LED's did you use?

I personally have Plasma LED Chip bulbs in my daily, they're bright AF. Been looking into if they make it for 1156/7

On topic: I bought some stuff for the Supra I won't physically own until I get back from my business trip in Montana :naughty: Pics when I get home.

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
I bought then off superbrightleds.com I just got the brightest ones, used cool white for the blinkers and reverse on the rear, there is a yellow plastic filter so they look really yellow, and then these for the stop/reverse
udesu4un.jpg
I wanted the whole enclosure to light up as even as possible

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
I went up to the ford dealer today to get some Motorcraft 80w-90 and the Ford Friction Modifier for the LSD. The guy working there asked what it was going in, and I told him a Toyota. He looked kinda confused at first, and then laughed. Then as I was paying the manager came up to me and said I've got a nice car, and then offered to buy it from me. I had to tell him it isn't for sale.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Why are you using such heavy weight oil? I remember reading Rotella T4 or T5 whatever is good for turbo motors but also read it makes our oil pump work harder. Last year during tax season I got over 15 offers in one day while at work and told them all it isn't for sale even got a guy that works at a motorcycle shop next door trying to buy it from me. It's a nice feeling.

Grizzly

Aug 16, 2005
Minden
I test fitted my new wheels ...

Attachments

• IMG_9212_Bildgröße ändern.JPG
    IMG_9212_Bildgröße ändern.JPG
    242.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_9201_Bildgröße ändern.JPG
    IMG_9201_Bildgröße ändern.JPG
    207.9 KB · Views: 27

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
drogon;1993043 said:
I bought then off superbrightleds.com I just got the brightest ones, used cool white for the blinkers and reverse on the rear, there is a yellow plastic filter so they look really yellow, and then these for the stop/reverse
udesu4un.jpg
I wanted the whole enclosure to light up as even as possible

Did you have to run any resistors for the LED's?

Doat;1993072 said:
Why are you using such heavy weight oil? I remember reading Rotella T4 or T5 whatever is good for turbo motors but also read it makes our oil pump work harder. Last year during tax season I got over 15 offers in one day while at work and told them all it isn't for sale even got a guy that works at a motorcycle shop next door trying to buy it from me. It's a nice feeling.

I ran Redline Heavy Shockproof in the diff with no problems.

ImperfectSupra

May 19, 2007
Virginia Beach
Doat;1992849 said:
I'll be looking around for OEM style mats with the logo too I also need to fix my damn hatch it's squeaking and rattling again even after I replaced the bump stops but I do need to replace the release cables but that seems like a major pain in the ass lol.

Have you tried spraying wd40 into the mechanical part where the metal loop on hatch actually make contact and locks in. I did that and no more sqeaks.

Doat;1992849 said:
I'll be looking
OEM style mats with the logo too I also need to fix my damn hatch it's squeaking and rattling again even after I replaced the bump stops but I do need to replace the release cables but that seems like a major pain in the ass lol.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Doat;1993072 said:

This isn't for the engine, this is for the rear differential. I run 5w-30 in my engine.

scottiedawg66;1993116 said:
I finally got on the dyno and made 448 rwhp on pump gas @ 15 psi.

Nice, is that about what you were expecting?

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
ImperfectSupra;1993097 said:
Have you tried spraying wd40 into the mechanical part where the metal loop on hatch actually make contact and locks in. I did that and no more sqeaks.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
I'll give that a shot thanks