What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
jdmfreak;1990742 said:
I'll wait a month or so before I cut/buff wax all that jazz but it was a garage job with space heaters

It all depends on the materials that was used. If you read the tech sheet on some of the material it suggest waiting until car cools down after being baked. We're talking about 2 hours out of the booth and you can cut and buff. Same brand may suggest waiting 190days to wax the vehicle. A lot of wax out there are full of silicone that doesn't let the paint breathe causing solvent popping issues. Wax is different from polish.
Some paint materials have you wait 16+ hours to cut and buff if you're just air drying.
It all depend on the materials, and you have to read the tech sheet. When you get your car painted you make damn sure you know exactly what materials were being used. That way you can look up on the internet to read the tech sheet on what you can do.

Example: http://www.matrixsystem.com/docs/tech/MS-42 TDS.pdf
Read on where it explains when you can polish. 1 hour after bake time.

There many other paints that you can look up.

The longer you let your paint cure the harder it is to wetsand. Creating more work for yourself.

Last edited:

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Doat;1990945 said:
According to your sig you also got the stage 2+. I need to get a clutch slave and might as well get a stainless steel clutch hose too.

Yeah, 2+. I put in a new Aisin master and slave, as well as a stainless clutch hose.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
supraguy@aol;1991012 said:
Yeah, 2+. I put in a new Aisin master and slave, as well as a stainless clutch hose.
I may have to tell DM to add a slave and clutch hose to my other order lol. I already replaced my master with an Asin unit when my clutch pedal started sticking to the floor.

Communistwookie

Jul 5, 2013
Dallas, TX
My front driver side tire got a bulge in it so decided to go to a bit taller & wider tire in the front. I was running 245/40r17 and moved to a 255/40r17 not a huge difference but was on a 9" wheel and the 245 had a stretched look to it that I didn't care for.
pe9a9e6u.jpg
6yjyhysu.jpg
asujehyr.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Communistwookie

Jul 5, 2013
Dallas, TX
I'm lowered on Megan coilovers just not slammed. I rub the fender liners on the front in hard cornering or if I hit a hard bump. But no rub at full lock. 17x9 ET35. Rears don't rub at all.

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
Communistwookie;1991117 said:
I'm lowered on Megan coilovers just not slammed. I rub the fender liners on the front in hard cornering or if I hit a hard bump. But no rub at full lock. 17x9 ET35. Rears don't rub at all.

cool. you have a good offset. if you were +15 or so, you'd be rubbing all the time. the car looks good just like that. any issues on the inside with that offset?

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Communistwookie;1991117 said:

Hmm. Im on 18x9's, +30 in the front with 235/40's. Im worried about killing my fender liners too.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
CT26 turbo oil feed and drain stainless steel lines, motor mounts, 11psi wastegate actuator, full exhaust and turbo gaskets, bag of exhaust nuts, and some life saver candies compliments of driftmotion.
1011044_10201659819279456_978818577_n.jpg

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I love lifesavers it is a very nice touch and I like how they write your name on the box the entire purchase experience is nice it shows that they care about each customer.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Drove it today with the windows down, it was almost 70* here today. I even made it home right before the thunderstorm, so the Supra was safely tucked in the garage.

Communistwookie

Jul 5, 2013
Dallas, TX
gsxr141;1991120 said:
cool. you have a good offset. if you were +15 or so, you'd be rubbing all the time. the car looks good just like that. any issues on the inside with that offset?

I was worried I would but surprisingly no. I only rub on the top side of the tire into the fender liner and I think its mostly due to worn out suspension components that have a little too much play along with Megan's soft coils when car has body roll in corners.

I think I might raise the front end a tad more to see if it helps but I have a feeling replacing my worn out bushings in the front end will be a lot more helpful.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Bought a new used cps for it, 10mm plug wires, new coolant sensors, blah blah blah..

Spent all this money on it. And it decides to run GREAT today.. Except it still lost to a SS Camaro.. :( I think I need to start up a "Help backlash win more races" fund.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Backlash2032;1991159 said:
Bought a new used cps for it, 10mm plug wires, new coolant sensors, blah blah blah..

Spent all this money on it. And it decides to run GREAT today.. Except it still lost to a SS Camaro.. :( I think I need to start up a "Help backlash win more races" fund.

This (to a supercharged Chrysler) is what made me decide T4 and standalone was all of a sudden affordable.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Grandavi;1991249 said:
This (to a supercharged Chrysler) is what made me decide T4 and standalone was all of a sudden affordable.

Trust me.. if I had any sort of actual income.. I'd be all over that..