What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
There are 2 switches on the clutch pedal.

The one that affects the cruise is right at the top of the pedal. It is normally open, and when you press the clutch pedal, even a little bit, it closes. This is so that the cruise control will shut off before the clutch can disengage.

The other one is right at the bottom of the pedal's travel, and is intended to ensure that the clutch is already completely disengaged before the starter can engage. Bypassing this switch (So that you can start the car with the clutch pedal up) will not have any effect whatsoever on cruise control since by the time the clutch pedal is anywhere near this one, you really want the cruise control to already be disengaged.

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
I'm wondering if the switch at the top of the clutch pedal needs to be adjusted like my brake light switch had to be adjusted

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Just do a quick test with a multimeter. With the clutch up, the switch should be open. With the clutch not up, it should be closed.

Page 100 of the TEWD seems to indicate that the cruise control clutch switch goes to the starter (Seems weird to me.) So maybe bypassing the clutch starter switch did something.

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
#04;1957665 said:
moddified a 91-TTR tow hook to fit a MA70 (clearenced for AC lines..)

moddified a pre89 bumper to accept TTR tow hook...(removed 1 grill section)

looks pretty badass, pokes out 1" or so...bright red...

yhatzee89;1957678 said:
Pics or it never happened...

okay, so I took some photos this weekend;

16302327_large.jpg

notice anything unusual? have new plastic cover, and boost gauge waiting...

16302328_large.jpg

trimmed grill, still needs final sand/re-finish

16302331_large.jpg

trimmed for AC line -- could use another couple mm's

16302329_large.jpg

from inside the drivers wheels well

16302330_large.jpg

sans grill

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
First performance upgrade for the poopra, new water pump and timing belt comes in tomorrow. It's the Ebay divorced downpipe from Justspeed that has great reviews despite being an ebay product. Plan on installing it while replacing my water pump, fan clutch, and timing belt on wednesday.
1176172_10200545337418106_1518604758_n.jpg

Quick question, should I use the bolts that the DDP came with?

Last edited:

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Removed stock CT26. Now sitting upside down leaking oil past the seals that aren't really meant to be immersed, but like being dry even less.

Removed stock oil cooler fitting. Installed 7M-GE oil filter union, and oil filter relocation adapter. Still need to remove stock oil cooler, and decide on placement of aftermarket oil cooler.

Installed exhaust manifold with longer studs.

Discovery of the day... The exhaust manifold brace on the bottom is a different piece for '89.5+ than it is for '89-. It makes sense, because it bolts to the motor mount bracket, but I didn't notice until I tried installing the manifold. I remember seeing a WTB ad for that brace, I hope that the poster got the correct part.

Looking forward to having the car running again. I'd hoped to finish yesterday, but It's going to be at least another day.

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
I actually bought a new one of those braces from toyota since the original one must have been lost sometime before the car became mine

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
My fucking master clutch cylinder took a shit again. This one is barely a month old and its speeding fluid into the car and the clutch won't disengage at all. But on a plus side I got a kick ass sub installed

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
I just installed the Aisin from Driftmotion earlier this month. Too soon to say if it lasts, but it's the OEM brand, and it was really easy to install.

I went to install my EV1 clips... And can't find them. So I cut them off the harness from the '89. I'll install the new ones on that harness later.

I decided to colour code the heat shrink tubing for which driver circuit they're on, so that I can keep track of which is which. In a nerd/keener moment, I decided to follow the colours in the TEWD so 1 and 4 are yellow, 2 and 6 are black, and 3 and 5 are red. (I always thought it was kind of odd that the injectors aren't batched starting from #1 in optimal firing timing.)

I was hoping to have finished this on the weekend, but of course nothing goes as smoothly as you hope it will.

When I get this buttoned up again, I hope to have the oil filter relocation kit, full flow oil cooler, turbonetics 60-1, the 560cc injectors, and the Lexus AFM installed. It would have gone a lot smoother/faster if I still owned a decent imperial wrench set, and had managed to not puncture a couple of coolant lines. As a bonus, I may be able to get the bung for the wideband welded to the downpipe while it's out.

It's possible that I could get the wideband/datalogger installed, too. Maybe even the AVC-R.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Rock auto is a bit less plus they have the 5% off. Think my Master/Slave for the 87 mk3 cost me 85.00 shipped.
Should do slave with master.

I really have to plan to do a oil filter relocate on mine. I keep wanting to and forgetting...

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I bought my Asin clutch master from Rockauto, no problems here although it's not exactly the same as what comes with our cars but it still fits. I think the difference is where the banjo bolts, it bolts on the driver fender side of the cylinder but it still fits.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I just spent the entire night replacing my timing belt, water pump, and fan clutch. Everything is back on the car except for the intake for the turbo. Tomorrow or today technically, plan to install the downpipe I also removed my crappy boost controller and put the stock hose back on. I just hope I got my timing right, set it all to TDC and such going to start her up today before the downpipe to see if the water pump leaks and everything runs fine. What a night.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Austin2048;1959966 said:
Well I should have a warranty on this. Just have to remember where I got it from

I made a folder for that... because we buy so many parts over a long period of time its almost impossible to keep track if you don't.. lol

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Doat;1959977 said:
I just spent the entire night replacing my timing belt, water pump, and fan clutch. Everything is back on the car except for the intake for the turbo. Tomorrow or today technically, plan to install the downpipe I also removed my crappy boost controller and put the stock hose back on. I just hope I got my timing right, set it all to TDC and such going to start her up today before the downpipe to see if the water pump leaks and everything runs fine. What a night.

How did that go? I should probably do my timing belt soon and may do the water pump at the same time.