What did you do to your supra today? Pics

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
tinkered with the ac system again, wanted to put dye in the system in case any problems in the future and wanted to figure out the clog in the low side fitting

something got stuffed in the port after the low side fitting must have been when I changed fittings when the older one was leaking

while recharging the system it seemed like the high side had to high of pressure so a friend suggested charging it the "oldschool" way by just grabbing the big thing of r134 and just adding a little watching the pressure gauges equalize repeat until the ac got cold and the pressures low and high were good

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Grandavi;1954085 said:
Look at the guy's name... Underneath it says Ontario.

Welcome to Canada... Where parts are a minimum of 200% what you pay.

Why?

..because the cost of business is higher... higher taxes to pay for the Canadian social safety net, free healthcare, CPP, Service Canada, etc. plus your base GDP is 1/10 the US to amortize fixed costs over. The exchange rate plays a minor role in the end.

It could be higher though, you could be living in Sweden!

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
today nothing new completed but i realized the ungrateful bitch turns 25 sometime next month!

that might mean that the last inspection i did in april was my last emissions test...i have to call the mvi station to confirm but on tx-dps' website they say a car is considered a classic (safety only inspections) after 25 years from the date the body was built. once the trans is in i think its time to go ape-shit with it...first thing, bye bye cat

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
Got offered a big Dodge ram for a straight trade for my Supra. I think its a 2000 or a 2001. Might take it and try to trade for another Supra

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Aku

And The Boost Goes On
Feb 24, 2010
Irvine, CA
Took my car down for maintenance + AC delete not too long ago. It's been sitting for a good two weeks now. I've been getting a bad coolant temp reading on my factory gauge so today I checked the sensor and sure enough the wire just fell apart at the connector lol. Oh well been meaning to get a more reliable aftermarket gauge for a while now. Also gave her a wash today.

How she's been sitting :hs:
oyn0.jpg

Hoping to pull the engine soon to replace some leaky seals and clean some things up.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Relocated my PS reservoir to the front next to the headlight motor and replaced the dead ps pump while i was at it. No more whiny noise from the pump plus more room for my intake hard pipe.

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
akito;1954606 said:
Relocated my PS reservoir to the front next to the headlight motor and replaced the dead ps pump while i was at it. No more whiny noise from the pump plus more room for my intake hard pipe.
Pics?

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
I got my power steering filter in the mail today, and now I am waiting to get the new hose clamps to install it and replace all the power steering return lines.

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
Last night I bolted the exhaust back up. I finally put a cat back on it. Was running for several years with a test pipe. LSS the cat was 1/2" longer than the test pipe which was already a hella tight fit. Had a local friend of the Supra community shorten my Blitz by 1" to fix the issue.

Today I drove it to work. The fresh welds and fresh cat (Titan 3" high flow MK3 specific) STINK like fried electronics.