What did you do to your supra today? Pics

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
theGOODWIN2012;1953584 said:
Ordered myself some Eibach springs and Tokico shocks. Finally. So maybe now I wont feel like something major is going to fall off my car going over rough bumps.

You'll have to throw up a review of those. Are you looking at the HP blues or illumina?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bandit1730

May 19, 2012
Miami FL 33181
TMMCSupra;1953558 said:
Test fitting some new parts for the rear subframe.

p1953712_1.jpg

p1953712_2.jpg

What's the Subframe's bushing kit part #s (front/rear). I purchased Energy Suspension's control arm/link kits "8.3127R" & "8.3126R" but have not been able to find the subframe kit.

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
Any tips for getting my passenger window to go up? Its been down an inch or 2 for the last week and its now raining

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
suprarx7nut;1953655 said:
You'll have to throw up a review of those. Are you looking at the HP blues or illumina?

Easy review... If you still have TEMS being used... GET THEM (the springs and Illumina IIs).

They ride nice, are selectable, and lower the car decently. I have that combo and the ONLY way I'll ever come off of them is if the I-2's become impossible to get by reasonable cost.

Because next step would be coilovers.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Drake69;1953720 said:
Easy review... If you still have TEMS being used... GET THEM (the springs and Illumina IIs).

They ride nice, are selectable, and lower the car decently. I have that combo and the ONLY way I'll ever come off of them is if the I-2's become impossible to get by reasonable cost.

You know I don't have tems, but I'm contemplating retrofitting my car with it. My other two mk3s had it but the shocks were all blown. I'd bet I could get it virtually for free if I found a junkyard car to pull from.

theGOODWIN2012

Supraman
Oct 28, 2012
Long Island, NY
suprarx7nut;1953655 said:

While I do have the TEMS I really wanted the illumina, but for the price I couldve got coilovers lol. So I stuck with the HP ones. Ill definitely put a review up!

T3rril79

Dec 10, 2010
Huntsville Alabama
Austin2048;1953714 said:
Any tips for getting my passenger window to go up? Its been down an inch or 2 for the last week and its now raining

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

I had the same issue. I disassembled the door as best as I could and sprayed everything in there is with rainbow tech contact cleaner. http://www.rainbowtech.net/products/view.php?cn=3984
If your car has been sitting for a while like was, it getting pretty dusty back there. Be sure to check all mechanical components and use to test light to verify that all electrical component are getting a voltage.

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
Drake69;1953720 said:

+1

Same set up here, love it. Good drop, not too stiff, great ride

TMMCSupra

Oct 2, 2010
Waterloo, Ontario
I didn't do any reinforcing on the subframe. It has the stock reinforcements on it I just have to powder coat them and install. All the carriers are stock. Media blasted and powder coated. I'll be installing new bearings and spindles soon.

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
i like mine on the h&r race springs. i ride on soft mode most of the time and its stiff on choppy roads but nothing to really complain about, still rides better than a c6 vette IMO. out of anything else i really like the drop it gave. also i have the mkiv na wheels and factory mkiv supra spec tires and its far from flush but its nice and level.

bandit1730

May 19, 2012
Miami FL 33181
TMMCSupra;1953866 said:
I didn't do any reinforcing on the subframe. It has the stock reinforcements on it I just have to powder coat them and install. All the carriers are stock. Media blasted and powder coated. I'll be installing new bearings and spindles soon.
What was the average charge to blast and powder coat your sub-frames??? I am going to follow you on this, but don't want to get ripped-off here in Miami.

bandit1730

May 19, 2012
Miami FL 33181
TMMCSupra;1953857 said:
Directly from Ronnie about a month ago. Send him am email, he'll get back to you.

Ok... Thanks. Just don't wanna have to wait forever since it's coming from so far away and Ronnie has not shown sings of life lately.
Very detailed and appealing job you're doing there. I'm always avoiding taking a peek of builds because of this type of builds that makes you wanna have it too. Keep it up!