What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
Looks like I'll be making a return at Walmart. But I got lucky, my car was converted to r134a when I bought it. One of the previous owners did it

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
got ahold of driftmotion aaron on monday, he's shipping me the correct 3-4 shift fork asap and was real cool about it. also while i was on the phone with him i found that the damage i found between the back of #1 clutch/syncro hub and the front of first gear is a really common problem inherit with first gear thrust blowing up...so atleast im not the only one!

i posted on the "other" forum in the champion/jaymarks toyota section to get a quote on my parts and found compared to my local dealer shipped and everything ill save $65 which for 200'ish worth of parts that aint bad! ill have parts ordered tomorrow/friday and hoping ill have it on all 4's by the end of the month (thats what she said)

1jz-Rolla

Sep 11, 2011
Canberra
yhatzee89;1952708 said:
Worked on it all day :D
Installed front lip

love the lip! Is it being painted, or left like that? Actually makes me think that satin black against the dark gloss car looks quite good.... gives me ideas :)

Haven't done much with mine lately, other than adjusted it for moar lows today :)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

it is impractical..... but i'm not doing any motorsport events in the near future, so it can ride low and slow for a while.

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
1jz-Rolla;1952986 said:
love the lip! Is it being painted, or left like that? Actually makes me think that satin black against the dark gloss car looks quite good.... gives me ideas :)

Haven't done much with mine lately, other than adjusted it for moar lows today :)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

it is impractical..... but i'm not doing any motorsport events in the near future, so it can ride low and slow for a while.

Thanks bro, I'm gonna leave it as is for now, I have a hiro rear lip that is also unpainted so they look geed together. Eventually when I get the car repainted I'll have it, the hiro, mirrors, and one piece wing painted black and the rest of the car painted graphite silver. Our cars look a lot alike with the power folders (mine still need to get wired)

Where did you get the front brembo's?

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
parts have been ordered, im up to a grand total of 1044.52 for all of my parts/tools. thats the marlin crawler rebuild kit, 1-2 fork, bearing retainer, thrust washer, snap ring pliers and a sticker, and drift motion 3-4 fork, stake nut for 5th gear and new dowel pins for my flywheel, and a bearing splitter from harbor freight, and then today my 3 damaged parts from champ toyo in houston i found after disassembling the main shaft.

i had the press at work so that saved me a lot. but this build better be fucking bulletproof. i guess all considered, the cost of labor to remove/install and rebuild the fucker wouldve cost me way more than the parts alone but ill never pay a mechanic unless i lost a bet at work

jseriesmkii

suprajztwenty;1953093 said:
parts have been ordered, im up to a grand total of 1044.52 for all of my parts/tools. thats the marlin crawler rebuild kit, 1-2 fork, bearing retainer, thrust washer, snap ring pliers and a sticker, and drift motion 3-4 fork, stake nut for 5th gear and new dowel pins for my flywheel, and a bearing splitter from harbor freight, and then today my 3 damaged parts from champ toyo in houston i found after disassembling the main shaft.

i had the press at work so that saved me a lot. but this build better be fucking bulletproof. i guess all considered, the cost of labor to remove/install and rebuild the fucker wouldve cost me way more than the parts alone but ill never pay a mechanic unless i lost a bet at work

You're saving yourself thousands of dollars in labor hours though. and you're learning the shit on the fly.... so the time spent is worth more than you think :D

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
I really just did that... I started my car in gear while I was parked 2 inches away from a cinder block wall. Not too big of a deal cause my front number needs to be repainted anyway

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
BoostMonger;1953214 said:
Bearings, seals, fork, thrust washer, bearing retainer and both shifter bushings

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

shit dude, you too??? is that the driftmotion rebuild kit? did your thrust washer take a dump or are you rebuilding just cause?
edit: no syncros??
edit2: today i gave my supra the finger...fucking bitch

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Isn't the weak point in the R154 the thrust washer? I plan on rebuilding mine when I do my swap so it can handle the power. I don't like the idea of building a motor and everything else is still 20 years old.

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
most common problem that i know of...but thats only me. rebuild it before it goes because if it does and you keep driving it youre looking at a minimum of $250 in toyota factory parts.

i havnt read anything about anyone having issues after upgrading to the marlin billet washer like pictured above but i read about the challenges they were having while designing the new style...like one case, the washer would actually taper because theres not much surface on the back of first gear where the washer lays to keep it in check. but i think that issue has been resolved already.

i wish i wouldve rebuilt it a year and half ago when i did the motor and everything was out of the car...i was just tapped out on cash at the time

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
Not exactly my car but my mums supra seems to have done in the steering rack, terrible knocking coming from it when there's weight on the wheels, got a spare that I'm doing a quick reco on and whack it back in :D

Mine, I had to put a vacuum hose back on the throttle body as it came off at some point :p

Car has been running since like 2008 <3 Tho I'd dare not post a pic of the engine bay, I gotta get the valve covers coated with something like procoat or some other really nice paint, undecided if I'm gonna do them black with polished bits around it and yellow engine bay or just go yellow polished yellow, decisions decisions :/ lol