What did you do to your supra today? Pics

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Yeah I would like to know as well.... My regular batteries last me 2years top and the optima batteries that I have have all lasted me 5+ years with less visible corrosion around the terminals after said 5+years than my regular batteries after 2years and I have spent many late nights/all nighters working on my vehicles with radio on headlights on and a light plugged into the cigarette lighter and my vehicles with optimas have still started without a jump

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I do need to replace my battery too.

Quick question about key fobs, the MK3 has a key fob? lol I need to get one because the previous owner lost it and I want to get a replacement one that looks nice any suggestions?

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
I have some interstate battery the megatron lo that has been treating me well
It has been in there since I think 09 no problems and my cars sits for about 3 months over the winter without a start for at least 1 straight month and no problems although I do want one thats "completely sealed" as the one I have seeps a little acid on the top by the fill caps that I usually clean up

and ive never had corrosion around the terminals like other and other cars that come through my work with cotton candy covering the whole terminal lol

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
Installed the new tail lights on my birthday with the help of my GF
p1943486_1.jpg

Bye bye Lego block tail lights

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
No Here straight from optima's website

How do I charge a deeply discharged battery?
If an OPTIMA battery is deeply discharged (below 10.5 volts), most basic chargers will not supply a charge. Also keep in mind that an OPTIMA battery will not recharge properly if treated as a regular flooded or gel battery. To charge the battery, you can wire a second fully charged automotive battery (12+volts) to the discharged AGM in parallel (+ to + and – to –). Then hook up the charger to the deeply discharged battery, setting the charger at 10 amps. Leave for two hours, monitoring frequently. During this process, if the discharged battery gets very hot or if it is venting (hissing sound from vents), then stop this process immediately. When the discharged battery reaches 10.5 volts or more, remove the standard battery and continue charging the AGM until fully charged.

For normal charging, a relatively low current, such as one or two amps, can work well, but when the battery has been deeply discharged, some sulfation of the battery plates may have occurred. If you charge at 10 amps, the higher current will help to break up this sulfation.

If you have an automatic charger, let it run until the charger indicates charging is complete. If you have a manual charger, you can get a rough estimate of the charging time in hours of a completely discharged battery (11.2 volts) by multiplying the capacity (amp hours or Ah) of the battery by 1.2. If your battery is not completely discharged, the time would be less.

In most cases these steps will recover an AGM battery. It’s OK for the AGM battery to get slightly warm during the charging process. If it’s hot to the touch, it means there’s a short and the process should be discontinued.

I also have heard great things about odyssey batteries but jetjock are they as bad? They are still spiral cell AGM....( I don't know why I referred to the optima as gel) .... I know better:p

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
damn! wish i had the time to do that to mine when i swapped all the bushings.

are you doing the ronnie k rear bushings or toyota replacement? when i priced the factory toyota ones the cheapest they quoted me for only one bush was like 150 and a week wait. i found a better frame at the junk yard and used dm's spacer/block kit

CRsupraiii

Oct 24, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Spun the shit out of the first three gears all day in the rain. So eventually I had to trade it out for the Corolls-Royce before I either killed myself, or flooded the darn leaky hatch!

p1943946_1.jpg

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Washed the car and detailed the interior , just need to vacuum and shampoo the cloth stuff
8963782313_78f97ab137_h.jpg

Also ordered an AEM dry flow race filter

Last edited: