What did you do to your supra today? Pics

arashi

Aug 17, 2011
AL
Silver MK3;1919272 said:
At least its sunny there. Its been cold and snowing all day here in Alabama.

i heard that. it's 32* here, still snowing slightly. wish it would snow harder like back in january. that was fun to drive in xD.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Zrain25;1919278 said:
Y did toyota make these so high off the ground from the factory I never understood y.
For the people who drive in the real world, which contains bumps, dips, and curbs. They wanted their customers to have a car that lasted, and endured this real world. ;)

Try daily driving a slammed car where I live, and it won't survive long.

Also guys, let's keep the selling of parts kept to either the FS section or PM's, where they belong. Nothing wrong with a "hey, if anyone has one of X part, PM me please." ;)

As for me, I started the Mk2 and let it warm fully up for the first time in quite a while. She's developed a slight miss, but I'm not too worried about it. Drove the Mk3 around a bit yesterday, rolled down the windows for the first time in about 4 or 5 months, it was beautiful out. :D

Also did a bit of shopping/planning. About $10k left and I should have this project about licked I think...

planemos

Apr 22, 2011
Slocan Park, BC, Canada
Cut up my HKS Super Drager exhaust today. I had to create more ground clearance now that I have 17 inch rims. I used to have 20s and the exhaust wasn't a big issue then. I also have Stance GR+ coilovers so it's pretty low now. I recently did a 2JZ swap too, so I have had to modify this exhaust quite a bit. Kind of a shame to cut up a nice HKS product but it will still do the job just fine.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
my supra is longer a shelf lol. I cleaned it off all teh crap that was on it and took off it's cover and ya know what she still looks nice and shinney under all the crap that was on it.

but did start to work on my head again

p1919634_1.jpg

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
Well I broke me driver side window switch tab today. Now I've got to use my finger nails to lift the switch up.lol and I put a full tank of gas in it the first time since over9 months ago.haha.
And I also put in a air freshener. :)

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Started peeling off the plasti dip the PO put on. I am pleasantly surprised on what was hidden underneath. No hidden rust, shiney paint, and even factory spoiler holes! They were just filled in with bondo, but it should make mounting the 3 pc. Easy as pie..

I'll hopefully finish peeling it later tonight.

Sent from my terrible HTC Rezound using Tapatalk. Don't buy HTC...

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I came across one hell of a deal, 1jzgte VVTI full swap for $750 in good shape. I am so tempted to buy it and let it sit in the garage until I can swap it in but I don't really have the money for that kind of swap, well I can get it but will take a little while like a couple of months to be on the safe side in case stuff comes up.

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
Doat;1919927 said:
I came across one hell of a deal, 1jzgte VVTI full swap for $750 in good shape. I am so tempted to buy it and let it sit in the garage until I can swap it in but I don't really have the money for that kind of swap, well I can get it but will take a little while like a couple of months to be on the safe side in case stuff comes up.
Buy it, and send it o me! Lol

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I am torn between the motor or replace suspension bushings since mine need replacing soon but I could get the motor then replace the suspension bits so I don't miss out on this deal.

Thing is it's a front sump, I've read you can do a conversion to a rear sump to fit our supras but would it actually fit with the conversion kit?

Last edited:

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
^ that is one thorough quote! I like the way that shop operates.
Not like the shop I used. Quoted me over the phone $7k for engine build and install. Then hands me a bill nearly double that when its done :mad:

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
Yesterday I found out my supra has had the head gasket done by one of the p/o and I also found arp head studs installed... So happy

Today I went to Pepboys. Haven't been there in 5 weeks or so. The whole store is different. They got a whole cabinet full of aem gauges, auto meter gauges. A whole diesel performance isle. There selling arp studs and bolts. It's like a whole new store it's called the speed shop section

I picked up a new aem dry flow and some black wrinkle paint

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362627039.619863.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362627061.936354.jpg

Got the valve covers done, ps tank, and afm housing. It hasn't dried completely so I gutta keep them out for a few days