What did you do to your supra today? Pics

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
Doat;1920705 said:
How would you mount a full 3in exhaust there or do you just have it hang below the control arms and such?

Same location as the stock exhaust, it will only sit like an 1.5" lower then stock. Just take it easy over those speed bumps and it will be fine.
Just think, half the cars on these forums have 3" exhaust and some have bigger. So I'm not sure what's to worry about.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Well now I am not worried lol, so running a 3in divorced down pipe and/or a full 3in exhaust I won't have to worry about anything and should just get a lexus AFM and 550cc injectors to play it safe correct?

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The exhaust is an amazing upgrade (I was surprised). The Lexus AFM and 550's aren't necessary unless your running an upgraded turbo in my opinion. The stock turbo has a lot of kick, but its wastegate spring pressure limits it to about 6-8 psi. If you shim the wastegate you can reach 10-12 psi, however depending on your elevation you may be hitting into fuel cut. CT26's are fairly old, small and generally very functional (underrated really). A proper boost controller helps overall if your looking at squeezing out some extra HP from the engine. My car was a totally different beast with the exhaust. I did a Raptor Racing DDP mated to a HKS 3" catback twin tipped muffler system. I removed my cats however because they aren't needed where I live. Cat removal is fairly controversial.. lol.
With the Raptor DDP, it has the turbo elbow integrated. I was going to use a HKS downpipe, but then I needed a turbo elbow and the one I got was the worst weld job in the world. Good paper weight right now.

Also, if your going to go with the 550's and the Lexus AFM upgrade, strongly consider a wideband, AFPR and intercooler upgrade. The wideband is just a telltale gauge to let you know your not leaning out. It doesnt really serve any other purpose than that.

A BPU Supra is generally
550 CC Injectors
Lexus AFM
3" turbo-back exhaust
Wideband
AFPR
Upgraded fuel pump (either Walbro 255 lph or MKIV Denso pump)
57 Trim CT26 (or one of the variants of the upgrades, however there are far better turbos available now.. and deciding on the turbo should precede the exhaust because it may cause you to have to modify the exhaust slightly)
Intercooler upgrade (I got the new DM one... looks good in the box so far. The real restriction is a single "flattened" elbow on the stock intercooler, however the IC replacement only cost me about 450.00 and is a fairly simple install)

With those upgrades you can be pushing 350-400 HP at the wheels fairly easily. (and safely)
Ultimately if you want to build really well, a standalone engine management system is necessary.

All this info is solely from what I did so far with my car and a whole lot of excellent input from these forums. And my Supra is now a rocket compared to when it was stock. (I should note, I am running a Cometic MHG on a fully rebuilt engine with forged pistons... a bit overbuilt... )

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Thanks for the info I'll be upgrading my suspension to tokico illumina TEMS shocks and BG lowering springs as well as replacing bushings. Still trying to figure out what bushings I should use I am not looking for performance stuff I want it to be quiet and comfortable.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Yea that is why I don't understand why people get angry when other members ask questions that would help everyone no matter what thread it is in. I want to make a thread where people ask random questions about anything. I think it would make for a good sticky.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I got Raptor Racing DDP... simply because I dont trust the ebay stuff and couldn't find a good one with an integrated turbo elbow. BIC had one, but I dont think he makes it for a 7M anymore... I assume your with a 7M

for the cost of that DP though.. makes me wonder how long it will last.. but it seems to be fine. I just like a quality one that is known rather than gambling.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Doat;1920839 said:
Doesn't it just have to bolt up to the CT26? BIC makes one for the CT26 I'll check out Raptor

7M stock CT26 has a turbo elbow (restrictive). As far as I know, Randy no longer makes the 7M variant. Raptor's product is really nice, however, be prepared to bang back the heat shield where the speedometer comes up past the firewall as the flexpipe is tight in that area (at least it was in mine). Its a very well built DP though... ceramic coated inside and out. I haven't seen DM's DP.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Grandavi;1920871 said:
7M stock CT26 has a turbo elbow (restrictive). As far as I know, Randy no longer makes the 7M variant. Raptor's product is really nice, however, be prepared to bang back the heat shield where the speedometer comes up past the firewall as the flexpipe is tight in that area (at least it was in mine). Its a very well built DP though... ceramic coated inside and out. I haven't seen DM's DP.
I checked them out and sheesh $500+ for a DDP

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Don't forget shipping... Lol.
I consider it one of the best DDP's on the market for a 7M though. Good welds, very well built. It actually cost me more because I shortened the plate between the wastegate and exhaust be 1/4", made the plate that joins to the turbo perfectly flat (there can be (and usually is) war page from the welds), and I removed the flex pipe and added a longer test pipe (do it fit the speedo heat shield better...)
My build was extremely expensive because I wanted everything perfect and if it wasn't... It had to be adjusted. Plus... I didn't do any of the work.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
HMNGSupraMKIII;1920852 said:
Do you guys have any dealing with the Driftmotion DP? Just wondering cause I was thinking about buying it, since I got the DM exhaust
Are you talking about the widemouth one? I have one and it is pretty decent. It is not perfect. I found it was a tad bit longer than the stock downpipe, but everything still fit. Also the flex section is touching the engine block in one place, but not a big deal. Other than that it fits and works well. Good ground clearance, I very rarely scrape it.