What did you do to your supra today? Pics

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
gottadiesel;1901548 said:
Looked at it under the car cover sitting outside in the cold and rain :-( I have my mom's car in the garage to replace TB, so had to kit out to the driveway. Though I am (soon) ordering a set of coilovers, for needs a new suspension to get ready for this summer...

its freezing rain here! haha luckily, my mk3 is in my garage. though its cold in there.

but what i did to my supra was trying to align the motor mounts in the hole. i got 1 on so far. im gonna put the nut on that one and pick the motor back up and push it in the v notch. hopefully i can do it fairly easy. it took me 25 mins just to get one in. haha. it seemed like once i had 1 ligned in, the other side would come out.lol

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I think my clutch is starting to slip when I am in third or fourth and floor it the revs go up to 3000 RPMs then hover there while the speed increases a good amount but when I go 30mph and shift into 5th then floor it the revs don't move freely.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
yea I stopped doing it when it started happening I am taking it easy on the clutch until I can replace it, flywheel, and pressure plate.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
BoostMonger;1900485 said:
^^^ that, have fun with the 10 inch bolt bud
Remember, as per the TSRM, that bolt needs to be tightened with the car's weight on the suspension. I guess this was a cheap way of giving the Tacomas a minor lift, loosen those bolts, lift truck off the ground, tighten bolt, and align.

Of course, I didn't bother to read that part of the TSRM until after I had already tightened those long bolts with the weight off the suspension... gotta love doing things twice because you didn't RTFM... :nono:

suprahero;1900761 said:
What did I do to my supra today?

I bought a 1997 SC300 to replace it with.
Errr... replace? Surely you can't be serious? I could see adding to the garage, but replacing?

Albert;1901043 said:
Porterfields
I second them for a stock pad upgrade, loved the R4S on my 88. :)

suprarx7nut;1901503 said:
^seafoam bad. Mystery oil bad.
After reading though a lot of threads in our Oils/Lubricants sub-forum, I'm inclined to believe that anything that wasn't put in the oil by the manufacturer of the oil is a bad thing. Run the right oil for your application, get good results. :)

As for me, about the only thing I've done with my car lately is learn how to control it more on icy roads. Stupid winter. :(

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I finally got around to changing my thermostat housing and was going to replace my broken BVSV valve but ended up breaking the one I bought lol. After I replaced my housing my car decided to not start up. I was cranking it and it wouldn't fire up then everything just shut off, now when I try to start the car or even lock the doors everything switches off and I have to remove the negative battery terminal to get power again but it will switch off if I try to do anything.

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
Going from this:
p1902101_1.jpg

To this:
p1902101_2.jpg

and have a new lip on the way.
I also got my new injectors installed, new wideband installed and a new clutch ready to go in.... should be ready for 20lbs by spring.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Numba1Stuna;1902099 said:
Damn, did you do anything else while replacing the thermostat? Maybe something you moved or bumped?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
I just removed the 3000 pipe, accordion hose, CPS with marking lines, and the cables connected to the thermostat housing and such. I checked everything as I put it back together. When I first tried to start the car it kept cranking then I heard a pssshhh like a pressure release I've heard that sound before when I tried slowly cranking the car to get the pistons oiled up to stop the knocking on cold starts. I checked the fuses and none of them are broken, could it be a relay? I left the negative terminal off to hopefully reset the ECU or something.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Now nothing turns on at all, I tried to jump it but it just cranked over slowly then kept slowing down to almost nothing. I am thinking it is a dead cell I am going to take the battery tomorrow morning to get it checked out.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
One quick question so I can stop whoring up the thread, if I got the 140 amp alternator from driftmotion with my stock setup would I fry or mess anything up or can I run that alternator fine with no problems?

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
Well i got my motor in. Lined up both mounts. And started putting my driveline into the transmission. What a pita it is to do. I never realized how heavy it is! I took thedrivline apart to put it in the transmission. Lol

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
mcammarn;1902239 said:
Well i got my motor in. Lined up both mounts. And started putting my driveline into the transmission. What a pita it is to do. I never realized how heavy it is! I took thedrivline apart to put it in the transmission. Lol
Should start eating your Wheaties a bit more often haha...

Also, you've reminded me that I need a new driveshaft for the widebody before we finish it. On the plus side, a carbon shaft and under tray to protect it should lighten things (and my wallet, d'oh!) up a bit. :)