What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
fuggit go jz

Question, what size boost gauge can I use to replace my stock gauge in the cluster? I want to keep the interior clean without any gauge pods and such, so I want to get an aftermarket boost gauge and put it where the stock one is. I remember reading that a 52mm gauge would fit.

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
Looks like the miles on my supra are going to rack up real fast. My 15 minute commute to work will turn into a 45 minute commute next week. About 70 miles round trip a day

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Bolted in the turbo, connected oil and coolant drain/feed lines, bolted in a few other random bits and pieces. Realised that I've misplaced my 4" coupler for the turbo inlet :(

More work on IC piping/routing. Just puttering, really, I can't get this finished until I address the oil filter relocation kit, though installing the turbo has shown me some of the shortfalls of my planned routing.

This is taking a lot longer than I'd originally planned on.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
Drake69;1961313 said:
7.5A fuse still blowing, will need to pull the wiring again to see where the short is coming from. Can't roll down the windows now and it gets hot during the day, especially without AC. Dammit.

Last time time this happened to me it was my back up lights wiring shorting everything out.

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
BryanDyer;1961317 said:
Last time time this happened to me it was my back up lights wiring shorting everything out.

Nope. Already know from whence the trouble originates. We had the dash working okay with certain gauges functioning (like the oil pressure and gas gauges...) before we went back into the harness to try and sort out the others. We thought we had fixed it until we lost ALL the gauges at once, so we're sure we caused our own fault here.

We'll revert the wiring to the way we had it before, and I have some replacement gauges coming it that will be wired up directly for what we need most.

(Another note: AEM Tru-boost keeps "Err"ing when trying to turn it on, will need to recheck how it's connected up.)

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Drake69;1961335 said:
Nope. Already know from whence the trouble originates. We had the dash working okay with certain gauges functioning (like the oil pressure and gas gauges...) before we went back into the harness to try and sort out the others. We thought we had fixed it until we lost ALL the gauges at once, so we're sure we caused our own fault here.

We'll revert the wiring to the way we had it before, and I have some replacement gauges coming it that will be wired up directly for what we need most.

(Another note: AEM Tru-boost keeps "Err"ing when trying to turn it on, will need to recheck how it's connected up.)

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173059

In this thread I have the differences between the dashes if it helps

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
Past month I couldn't figure out y my car seemed slower. Had no go like it use to. Did a boost leak test everything. Then today I realized that my boost controller was turned off.... Seriously

All is good now back up to right under fuel cut.

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
jdmfreak;1961341 said:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173059

In this thread I have the differences between the dashes if it helps

This thread was a lifesaver when my swapped dash didn't work at all

Zrain25;1961486 said:
Past month I couldn't figure out y my car seemed slower. Had no go like it use to. Did a boost leak test everything. Then today I realized that my boost controller was turned off.... Seriously

All is good now back up to right under fuel cut.

This is why we can't have nice things....

Today while driving from GA to MD, it started to rain and all of a sudden my GPS dies and keeps trying to restart, also my headlights were starting to get dim, so I've definitely have a short(s) that is effected severely by rain :/

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Well the last couple of weeks' puttering under the hood, and it's starting to look like an engine in there.

Visually, it's quite different, with some of the powder coated pieces being installed, and a lot of the eBay mafia blue silicone pieces. Fact of the matter is that it's not that different mechanically on the intake side, with the upgraded injectors (Which of course are completely invisible) being the only real change. The exhaust side is actually different, and not complete yet. I need to get this finalised, with some details of intercooler piping, intake piping, and the oil filter relocation/oil cooler kits still to resolve. (On that note, I bought some hydraulic line with 90 degree fittings for the adapter plate to extend the lines. This should solve the issue of placing the filter relocation kit.)

Intake side:

Exhaust side:

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Installed a boost gauge and Blitz DBSC, took me over 5 hours to figure it all out I ended up ditching my idea of replacing the stock boost gauge in fear of messing up the cluster or blowing up my car, so I put it in place of the cigarette lighter. Still trying to figure out how to resolve my fuel cut issue ever since I installed a divorced downpipe on a stock motor.
1240474_10200602742293192_1021652590_n.jpg

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Today I discovered that the oil cooler I bought isn't going to fit in the front of the car. It's just a bit too large to fit between the intercooler and the bumper bar on the driver's side, which is where I wanted to put it.

I could fit it behind the driver's side fog light, sort of. It would have to sit at an angle, but there doesn't seem to be adequate airflow there. Ugh.

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
Doat;1961722 said:
Installed a boost gauge and Blitz DBSC, took me over 5 hours to figure it all out I ended up ditching my idea of replacing the stock boost gauge in fear of messing up the cluster or blowing up my car, so I put it in place of the cigarette lighter. Still trying to figure out how to resolve my fuel cut issue ever since I installed a divorced downpipe on a stock motor.
1240474_10200602742293192_1021652590_n.jpg

i couldn't run more than stock boost without hitting fuel cut. if you don't have a lex afm, and 550's, i highly recommend getting them. i'm able to run 16psi without hitting f/c now. and yes, i used a wideband to see if everything was safe, and my afr's are between 10.5 and 12 at wot.
also, that's where i have my boost gauge too. it's almost like it was meant to go there. :)

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Yea everything I read about running a downpipe says go with a Lex afm and 550s but my friend, who is also my mechanic and works on turbo cars, wants to explore other options first. I am thinking about getting a wideband and an AFR gauge to see where I am at but I am pretty sure the Lex/550s is what I need to do. Also he suggested the option of porting the wastegate, any thoughts on this?

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
i'm not sure if porting the wastegate would help. there are a few options, like a fcd or a standalone computer. honestly, i think the best bang for the buck is the lex-550 combo. i really don't see a downside to doing it. i mean, for around $400 you can go from hitting fuel cut all the time to running 16 psi.
i had the parts sitting around for over a year before i installed them. i figured it would be a pain in the ass, but it took no time at all.
my car dynoed at 280/360 with a failing headgasket. my mods were; bic ddp, full 3' catless exhaust, colder plugs, hard i/c pipes, greddy bov, 600cc injectors and the lex afm. i am more than pleased with the results.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Someone on the supra facebook page that I have been talking to for awhile now wants to sell me some new Siemen 550cc injectors, lexus afm, and throw in a fuel dampener bypass line for $550. Would I have to replace my injector clips from the harness to fit the new ones?