What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
theGOODWIN2012;1962736 said:
Radiator hose went last night at 1:30am driving home. Luckily was only 3 mins from my shop. Replacing a bunch of old hoses now to be safe. More angry about the cleanup I need to do to my engine bay more then anything. View attachment 69885
Yea I replaced all of my hoses when the hose in the back of the engine let go on me, I was like alright time to replace all of the hoses. Never had problems since until recently that stupid 90 degree hoses by the water pump let go that I replaced last year. Need to get a silicone hose for that or something stronger that can handle more heat.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
theGOODWIN2012;1962736 said:
Radiator hose went last night at 1:30am driving home. Luckily was only 3 mins from my shop. Replacing a bunch of old hoses now to be safe. More angry about the cleanup I need to do to my engine bay more then anything. View attachment 69885

Last time I saw a rad hose burst like that was due to the head gasket letting go and grossly over pressurizing the cooling system. Hope yours was just a flawed hose. you would know though if that was an issue... :)

theGOODWIN2012

Supraman
Oct 28, 2012
Long Island, NY
LOL Yeah we kinda are. It was just the hose being 21 years old and it being unusually hot and humid yesterday. Though not sure if the weather really played a part in it or it was just its time to let go. :p

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Well I would think if it's hot as balls outside combined with an even hotter engine bay it would tend to break down the hoses more or push them closer to their melting points, not that it's close to it in the first place. Mainly I think it's just due to old age rubber doesn't age well.

grsupra87

Let's go Pens!!
Put this on my car. You don't see too many imports with Classic Plates :) Lifetime registration, won't ever have to renew, exempt from emissions and all that crap, car insurance $12/month FULL COVERAGE. Driving restrictions, none really, it only says "occasional use" but no mileage or daylight restrictions or anything like that.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
well.. my totaled 87 NA just came out at 8450.00 for the write off. I have to get my 88 re-appraised now that I have enough money under the hood to feed a small nation...

The fact these cars are getting so rare is just an added bonus :) (or is it?)

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Was riding with my girl today when we stop at a light and there is a MKIV across from us. I'm like "hey a MKIV!" Se looks at it and says "that's the jellybean? I hate it..." And that's why I love her... And my girlfriend ;)

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
^^^^nice, i did the same recently...desperately need to wetsand/buff mine.

but thats a good reminder of how far mine came and how much i hate doing bodywork/paint. the entire process sucks.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I just need a new front bumper my lip area is all twisted and there a couple of holes in the bumper. Found an OEM bumper from the dealer for about $350, that a good deal? Only problem is my paint is pearl white so I will just get it and wait until I get to repainting the entire car, same color of course, expensive as tits but well worth it.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
800.00 actually, they were really good about it.
Very happy so far with the insurance company, have been treated how you would expect to be treated, so far.

I will say this, to date, every Supra I have touched has returned more than I have put into it, except the one I'm keeping... And that one won't ever pay me back... Lol

lunatic

A man with a plan
May 12, 2009
kuna, ID
Drake69;1851622 said:
What we did today...

Made an electric fan shroud for the Mishi rad...

p1963123_1.jpg
i have that same exact turbo and radiator going into my 7m

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
lunatic;1963123 said:
i have that same exact turbo and radiator going into my 7m

The rad sits up tall but snug, and the turbo spools surprisingly quick for its size. I like how much cooler I run with that rad, and it makes the use of the elec fans perfect for it.

Gotta love Seth's work!