Kaukauna, Wi
3ygyguje.jpg

vepu8a5e.jpg

Supras!

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

TMMCSupra

Oct 2, 2010
Waterloo, Ontario
Not a supra, but I got to drive my Uncles ZR1 to our local 1/4 mile track and do a few runs. I had a best time of 12.3 sec. @ 127mph

It did want to make me really finish my car, but sadly that won't be until next summer.

p1960506_1.jpg

crimson88

Apr 26, 2009
Springdale
Messed with my bov. Hks ssqv3, hasn't been working for awhile. I took the cover off and worked it by hand some, now it works when it vents to atmosphere but wont work when I recirculate it? Idk what to do about that.

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
BrandonW;1960647 said:
maybe line them up with the center section?

Well yea, but how should I secure them down? Should I cut those metal tabs off and epoxy them on? Or should I drill holes and use clips and self tapping screws for the inside part?

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
My AC compressor is also leaking. There's yellow oil dripping from it. I'm tempted to just say "screw it" and use the leak sealing r134a that I have

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
hmm lol not sure I already have the 3pc wing so I never had to worry about it but it has been done so some know what to do might be better off making a thread on it

BusterMK3

0-BHG In 77K
Feb 20, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Well at 3:02am (30 mins ago) my 7MGE started hesitating, the mis firing, then dropped oil pressure, and stalled 13 times on the 1.6 miles left to my apartment and had TERRIBLE ROD KNOCK, and no longer starts :'((((((

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Austin2048;1960662 said:
My AC compressor is also leaking. There's yellow oil dripping from it. I'm tempted to just say "screw it" and use the leak sealing r134a that I have

That's a bad idea, mmkay?

BusterMK3;1960722 said:
Well at 3:02am (30 mins ago) my 7MGE started hesitating, the mis firing, then dropped oil pressure, and stalled 13 times on the 1.6 miles left to my apartment and had TERRIBLE ROD KNOCK, and no longer starts :'((((((

Since I'm in PSA mode: next time stop driving it after it stalls the second or third time. Now it's likely completely trashed. If oil pressure drops, you turn off the engine and leave it off.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Okay. Seth and I jumped in the car and took her out on the open highway yesterday. After a few high RPM pulls and hitting fuel cut a few times (a couple at 5K!), Seth leaned out the mixture in lower and cruise gears to smooth her out. Now she's got power through the gears and accelerates more evenly. Then when she's spooled up and the turbo kicks in, wow.

All I can say is "wow".

On another note, we got the AEM Tru-Boost hooked up properly now, and Seth said we're making more boost than we want to be (~ over 10lbs). It's possible the wastegate has a larger spring that we want, so he's looking up what we need to do to calm it down some. We checked the wiring to the dash to see if we could get any of the other gauges to work, and in the process somehow the power windows won't go down now and the parking brake indicator light won't come on (used with the turbo timer). I will get into the kicker panel and have a look at that today. I'm not terribly worried about the gauges tho. The Apexi NEO shows RPMs fine, and the Zeitronix LCD can have water temps and oil pressure wired into it. Researching that as well.

Last note: speedo gauge crapped out from behind the dash I think. Time to get a GPS Speedo to replace it. Only gauges that work are the old oil pressure gauge and the gas gauge. Yikes.

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Drake69;1960750 said:
Okay. Seth and I jumped in the car and took her out on the open highway yesterday. After a few high RPM pulls and hitting fuel cut a few times (a couple at 5K!), Seth leaned out the mixture in lower and cruise gears to smooth her out. Now she's got power through the gears and accelerates more evenly. Then when she's spooled up and the turbo kicks in, wow.

All I can say is "wow".

On another note, we got the AEM Tru-Boost hooked up properly now, and Seth said we're making more boost than we want to be (~ over 10lbs). It's possible the wastegate has a larger spring that we want, so he's looking up what we need to do to calm it down some. We checked the wiring to the dash to see if we could get any of the other gauges to work, and in the process somehow the power windows won't go down now and the parking brake indicator light won't come on (used with the turbo timer). I will get into the kicker panel and have a look at that today. I'm not terribly worried about the gauges tho. The Apexi NEO shows RPMs fine, and the Zeitronix LCD can have water temps and oil pressure wired into it. Researching that as well.

Last note: speedo gauge crapped out from behind the dash I think. Time to get a GPS Speedo to replace it. Only gauges that work are the old oil pressure gauge and the gas gauge. Yikes.

Just put in a GPS in the dash, it looks better than a regular stereo and you can use the speed indicator for it, that's why I ut mine in (that and I couldn't find my way outa a wet paper sack lol)

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
I have a Pioneer AVIC-X940BT headunit in there already, but it has no gauge display like other GPS's (everything else is sweet about it tho). It can install Droid apps thru the bluetooth connection, but it requires an OBD-II port for everything to work, and I don't have one (thinking about wiring one in).

So a separate GPS speedo will be needed, and not one that powers from the cig lighter.

AVIC-X940BT_large.jpg

BusterMK3

0-BHG In 77K
Feb 20, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Grandavi;1960726 said:
Personally... I would have towed it.,, but ... That's me
I just don't care. I was expecting it any day now, and it was a $675 running and driving mk3.

suprarx7nut;1960743 said:
That's a bad idea, mmkay?

Since I'm in PSA mode: next time stop driving it after it stalls the second or third time. Now it's likely completely trashed. If oil pressure drops, you turn off the engine and leave it off.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Ive been waiting for it to blow.

Doat;1960723 said:
Time to get a GTE

Ive been looking into my options.. ge for $200,gte longblock for 600, vvti 1j for around 1500, there are options..