What are you reading?

DsBetterHalf

The Pretty Doward
Jan 25, 2008
Alachua, FL
Finally gave in to True Blood, so I'm reading the books. Two completely different worlds, lol, as these things tend to be. The books are nowhere near as NC17 rated, but still good. :) Entertaining way to pass the time, at least!

Lovesick Siren

Ice Princess
Sep 30, 2005
Georgia
www.myspace.com
Ugh. It's called "Everyone Worth Knowing," by the woman who wrote The Devil Wears Prada. I'd never read that book, only seen the movie (because where Meryl goes shall I follow), but .. if this is how it was written, I'm afraid I don't understand the acclaim, or why it was translated to film to begin with.

It should be renamed, "The Big Book of Cliches." We've got the "fabulous" gay uncle who thinks dinner parties are a science and worships brand names, the pushy, famous playboy who thinks he's God's gift to women, a main character who gained ten whole pounds during her 5 years as a bank associate, and "dropped them without even trying!" once she quit, the young French model . . . the author actually writes out her dialogue phonetically, so we can all see the accent.

It was a gym book, something I picked up at Good Will because it looked fluffy and harmless and entertaining enough to get me through a 50-minute power walk, but, for the first time, I may actually give up on a novel without finishing it. I just don't think I can stomach another page.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
supra mania is my main reading material

i hope one day that reading will become more enjoyable to me but it always seemed like pulling teeth since grade school.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Finished "Breathless" and felt like there were 5+ missing chapters at the end :(

Started King's "Under the Dome" and got 4>5 chapters in and HAD to force myself to put it down and go to sleep at 2am :D

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
starscream5000;1497393 said:
On a new book now, it's an omnibus, "The Elenium" by David Eddings. Having a tough time getting into it as it's not set in the same world as all of his past books that I've read.

Finished that book a while back. It got a lot better once I was used to the new settings. I'm reading the second and final omnibus in this series "The Tamuli" by David Eddings. I'm about 150 pages into this one and it's pretty good, just finding it hard to make time to ready anymore.