What are you reading?

Lovesick Siren

Ice Princess
Sep 30, 2005
Georgia
www.myspace.com
Love the One You're With by Emily Giffin. It's a completely useless chick book, not even a standard romance novel (which I can't stand), but more like a cheesy daytime TV romantic comedy in text format. Every so often I like to read something that doesn't challenge me at all - a Bathtub Book.

When I come back to my senses, I'm re-reading Travels in Alaska by John Muir.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
tower_of_ego;1434721 said:
Love the One You're With by Emily Giffin. It's a completely useless chick book, not even a sexy romance novel (which I can't stand) so much as a cheesy daytime TV romantic comedy in text format, but every so often I like to read something that doesn't challenge me at all - a Bathtub Book.

I read a LOT of King and Koontz for the same reason :)

Lovesick Siren

Ice Princess
Sep 30, 2005
Georgia
www.myspace.com
IJ.;1434722 said:
I read a LOT of King and Koontz for the same reason :)

Haha, oh man, I can't read Koontz anymore! I -devoured- that man's books when I was growing up - I mean, WAY too young to be reading them, but they were there, and parents are usually more concerned with what's on tv and encourage any book a kid picks up - and I'm pretty sure he's to blame for every inappropriate kink I have.

That man is such a pervert. A creepy, hilarious pervert.

I still read King from time to time, though - my favorite is The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon. His writing is never exactly poetic, but I thought that one was thought-provoking, and liked the presence of the little girl's idol while she was lost and delirious. Seems like something I would do if I was lost in the woods. "This sucks. I think I'll pretend Johnny Depp is here."

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Made me smile!

I'll dig it out and give it a reread (one benefit of my accident, most books are "new" if I haven't read them for a couple of years)

I read to wind down from my day and rarely get to sleep before 1am, if the book is really good I'll see the sunrise :D

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
DsBetterHalf;1446616 said:
The War of the Flowers, by Tad Williams. A re-read for me, but a very good book, with a rather odd twist on the land of Faerie.

I've got some of his books that I haven't read yet, "Otherworld" is what I'm thinking it's called??

Anyway, I'm almost finished with Volume 2 and will move on to "The Rivan Codex" next by David and Leigh Eddings.

Lovesick Siren

Ice Princess
Sep 30, 2005
Georgia
www.myspace.com
I -was- reading Mr. Maybe by Jane Greene on recommendation from a very close friend . . . who apparently has horrible taste in books. I pushed past several irritations and made myself read two chapters before finally giving up when the author used the word "cock" for "penis" 7 times one page and 6 times on the next page. Pick. A second. Euphamism.

And to think, that wasn't even the least imaginative part of the sex scene, which was just . . . gross to begin with, and not in the good way.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Finally finished my old HG Wells book of short stories (been pushing pretty hard on the Supra so have only been getting through 5>10 pages a night before passing out)

Started on book #3 of Koontz's Frankenstein series :D

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I'm still stuck on "The Rivan Codex" by David and Leigh Eddings. That damn book is tedious to read during all of the racial backgrounds of all of the different countries in that book. Finally got past that part though, so *should* be a bit of a faster read as it's getting interesting again ;)