What are you reading?

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Just finished Heinlein's "Stranger in a Strange Land" for the umpteenth time.

Currently reading "How to Survive the End of the World as We Know It: Tactics, Techniques, and Technologies for Uncertain Times" by James Wesley Rawles

DsBetterHalf

The Pretty Doward
Jan 25, 2008
Alachua, FL
Supracentral;1605253 said:
The Sword of Truth by Terry Goodkind

Mike, those books are awesome. I've read them several times over, and am actually about to re-read them again, LOL. However, don't watch the TV series. It's worse than a trainwreck :(

Almost done reading the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris again. They're the series that True Blood on HBO is based on. They are short, funny, and easy to read, so it fills my time between work and packing.

Brewster

So it goes.
Apr 15, 2005
Morgantown, WV
I literally just finished reading The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life, by Alice Schroeder. It was a great biography about Buffett's life and his way of thinking.

I also just finished Warren Buffett and the Interpretation of Financial Statements, by Mary Buffett and David Clark. Although this book gave me a couple good insights, as an accounting and finance student, I'm already way ahead of this book. This book may be good for beginners though.

I just started reading The Intelligent Investor, by Benjamin Graham.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Just finished reading Stephen King's "Wizard and Glass" (Dark Tower IV) to Theresa aloud. She wants to wait for Wind through the Keyhole to come out on April 24th and have me read that to her before going on to Wolves of the Calla (Dark Tower V) because it's a flashback and fits between those two. (I've already read all the Dark Tower stuff myself)

So right now I'm reading Game of Thrones Book I by George RR Martin to her.

Also just finished reading (to myself, not aloud to Theresa) From a Buick 8 by King as well... Another weird book (tangentially related to the Dark Tower too, but the more I go back and re-read his stuff, the more I realize that the majority of what he's written is in some way tied to the Dark Tower)

I'll start on 11.22.63 this weekend, I've been looking forward to it.

Ian - pick up a copy of Light by M. John Harrison - you might be one of the few people I know who will "get it".

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
11.22.63 is a HUGE tie in to almost all of his other books :)

I have Dark Tower 7 on order and am looking forward to it, read 6 awhile back after rereading all of the previous books to refresh my memory, loved from a Buick 8!

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
51-XG%2Br%2BXWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

benchwarmer

Straight Cougar
Aug 2, 2007
Lancaster, CA
Currently reading "Mistborn" by Brandon Sanderson, excellent so far. Just recently finished the Imager trilogy by L.E. Modesitt Jr. Not only worth the read but a very interesting take on the fantasy genre.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
On book 3 of the "Earths Children" series "The Mammoth Hunters", it's a rearead as I just got book #7, I also have Wizard and Glass on it's way from Amazon so will rear that soon as it arrives having reread the seris awhile back :)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
So... paper or plastic guys? I recall once upon a time on a road trip to Arizona when I was younger, wishing that I could read books on my original Gameboy that I had a light and magnifying glass for. Wish I had the business sense back then to patent that idea, I would be making some serious money from these Kindle things...

That said, I've always liked paper. :)

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
te72;1835014 said:
So... paper or plastic guys? I recall once upon a time on a road trip to Arizona when I was younger, wishing that I could read books on my original Gameboy that I had a light and magnifying glass for. Wish I had the business sense back then to patent that idea, I would be making some serious money from these Kindle things...

That said, I've always liked paper. :)

benchwarmer;1835023 said:
I prefer paper but I like my Nook way more than I thought I would.

Same here. I love books, but I like the Kindle a lot more than I ever thought I would... I've pretty much stopped buying paper books. And this is a good thing, because I probably have a couple of tons of paper books... I may donate them to charity now...