What are the pro and cons of this?

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
among other things the fact that the firewall and everything in front of its gonna get cooked and possibly catch fire is reason enough not to do it.

It doesnt even sound good...:3d_frown:

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
the pros:
might impress other 9 year olds

the cons:
ghetto as hell
loud
melts things/covers them with soot
makes people have to breathe the fumes

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Wow. My favorite part is that the charcoal canister is missing, and I doubt that you even blocked off the vapor line coming from the fuel tank.

That's a recipe for disaster. One spark, and you can kiss that car goodbye, and likely whoever is inside it, too...

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
I like the sound personally, but bad idea. My car hasnt moved in a while, but even still, I now have dead carbon based lifeform spread all over my firewall.
p1031418_1.jpg

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
wait...you did this too?

WHY? i'm confused.

anyway....
it sounds like a diesel pickup. which is WEIRD. cant say i care much for it...thats for sure. loud and obnoxious, like diesel pickups. hell if you like the sound make a separate downpipe that exits with the main... shoot it out the side.. :p

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
I took off the downpipe because when I would reverse the car, it would literally lift the car up. I didnt have exhaust after it because I sold it; didnt want a megan racing fartcan on my car.

Long story short yeah I did. People thought that since I didnt DD it anymore, it didnt work. Its been in the garage for a few years now, but I start it every once in a while; with no tune, carbon likes to build up.

I dont think its a good idea at all. I just havent gotten the rest of the exhaust because I'm a typical cheap ass MkIII owner and I havent been able to find a job nearby to afford making it my DD again