welding o2 sensor 2 off bic ddp

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpbeatFish

Permanently Banned
Oct 4, 2007
Fail town
well i have no idea what to do here. the idea is to weld shut the hole or weld a screw into it to shut it.

what do you guys think i should do.

thanks

Attachments

• DSC01507.jpg
    DSC01507.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 106

Who

Supramania Contributor
Go to Napa auto parts or any auto parts for that matter and ask for a drain plug for a oil pan. If I remember right mine was m17 or maybe m18. Grab yourself a brass or copper washer as well. You can go real ghetto and in a pinch you can use a spark plug and break off the end.

Last edited:

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
whoa lets keep it constructive guys. plugs for o2 sensor bungs are not a hard item to find. im sure randy will have them....and call around to local places someone has one. dont weld it. if you still have no luck ill give you on i have like 5 in my toolbox

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
whowouldfigga;1325582 said:
Go to Napa auto parts or any auto parts for that matter and ask for a drain plug for a oil pan. If I remember right mine was m17 or maybe m18. Grab yourself a brass or copper washer as well. You can go real ghetto and in a pinch you can use a spark plug and break off the end.

this is a goood idea except for the fact that not all drain plugs are the sdame size. and id keep it non ghetto supras tend to fight back when you go ghetto

UpbeatFish

Permanently Banned
Oct 4, 2007
Fail town
yeah i hecked and investageted its 18x1.5 and i called EVERYWHERE and i cant find it. i just asked for 02 sesor plug. but the oil drain screw sounds like a good idea. napa is a peice of shh....poop (well the one overe here) all they have is pipes... a bunch of rubber pipes.... but ima go check anyway. thank you everyone.

Who

Supramania Contributor
UpbeatFish;1325675 said:
yeah I checked and investigated its 18x1.5 and I called EVERYWHERE and I cant find it. I just asked for 02 sensor plug but the oil drain screw sounds like a good idea. napa is a piece of shh....poop (well the one over here) all they have is pipes... a bunch of rubber pipes.... but I'm going to check anyway. thank you everyone.

Make sure you get one with a wide head that will seal up against the bung and without the flare near the head.

Attachments

• genuine_oil_pan_drain_plug.jpg
    genuine_oil_pan_drain_plug.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 33

UpbeatFish

Permanently Banned
Oct 4, 2007
Fail town
okay check this out. there is no place that carrys 18mm screws. but i happen to found one that fit which was a spark plug screw cleaner. i fixed it, tighten it and my next problem was that the bic down pipe had a.... flap of some sort that comes off the end of it. i welded that off and installed the ddp. and i have never been happier with anything before. it is LOUDDD!!!!! at full boost. still boosting 6lb but it feels more toqurier and faster. it has those random after fires and runs perfect. thank you

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
p1326271_1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.