Very lame news indeed!!

SRZMK3

Well... after finishing my whole engine 7m ge swap, i did a little dance, jumped and spun, ran around in circles, just to find out my rear heater hose is leaking coolant like a river. turns out i missed something. THE NIPPLE WAS RUSTED OFF!!! well not completley but there was no nipple i kinda put the hose onto the pipe like it thought i could. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! is there something i can do to fix this?
black silicone all over the piping? is there a way to completely bypass that hose?is there some anti rust stuff i can apply to it so it doesnt haunt me after i fix it?

PLZ OH PLZ HELP!!THIS IS THE LAMEST THING EVER!!!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Where it say's "to heater"

CO_002.gif

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
Hey, what the hell, My first car was a 69 bug,
and I got used to driving it in a snowmobile suit, and having an ice scraper in one hand to keep the windshiel clear of frost.:aigo:

SRZMK3

yeah. lol i deliver pizzas so my car is always warm no matter what, what would be a good way to block it off. i really dont want to leak anymore is there a way to rid of that t section alltogether? can i block off the input and output? or do i have to have some flow?

sorry for all of the q's but im trying to milk as much info out of this site as possible... :D :D

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
gofastgeorge;1506788 said:
and I got used to driving it in a snowmobile suit, and having an ice scraper in one hand to keep the windshiel clear of frost.:aigo:

Could have wired the heater boxes open-nothing but full heat. Almost froze to death up by Buffalo NY until I stopped and did that.

amichie

Apr 13, 2006
sYDNEy
gofastgeorge;1506788 said:

I'm guessing that's not in Texas?

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
i remember fighting with mine. either a 26 or a 36mm deep socket replaced mine, but i'm not sure about the longetivity of the fix. when i torqued to spec i could feel it start slipping.

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
SRZMK3;1507331 said:
wtf i ask a question and then i get thread jacked lmao whatever....

Calm down....phrases like that people will not want to answer you, lol.

If it's the pipe from your firewall for your heater core in the car you can bypass it, but will not have heat. Not too big of a problem, just get some heater hose and some good clamps, not the shitty .05 a-peice ones or your river will be a flood one day. clean off all your piping the heater hose is going on and go.

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
You're talking about the pipe that runs under the intake and behind the head? You could prolly pick one up cheap in the fs section.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
SRZMK3;1506799 said:
yeah. lol i deliver pizzas so my car is always warm no matter what, what would be a good way to block it off. i really dont want to leak anymore is there a way to rid of that t section alltogether? can i block off the input and output? or do i have to have some flow?

sorry for all of the q's but im trying to milk as much info out of this site as possible... :D :D

87nasupra;1507410 said:
Calm down....phrases like that people will not want to answer you, lol.

If it's the pipe from your firewall for your heater core in the car you can bypass it, but will not have heat. Not too big of a problem, just get some heater hose and some good clamps, not the shitty .05 a-peice ones or your river will be a flood one day. clean off all your piping the heater hose is going on and go.

<nodding> don't like being "milked"

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Good News!!! If you are talking about the piping at the firewall, it can be fixed rather cheaply.

Bad news!!! It's not the easiest repair to make. You'll have to pull the dash (not really hard) to get to it. If you look in the picture, both pipes have a clip midway. You pop the clip, and the end of the pipe comes off. This is a pretty old picture, I believe I still have everything. I decided to bypass the cabin by connecting the inbound hose to the outbound hose, and lost heat. Let me know if you need one of these pipes.

p1508687_1.jpg

SRZMK3

its a major leak coming from behind the engine, i pushed on the heater hose as far as i can go but it still leaks like hell.... it doesn't look easy at all to replace this thing.. :( is the banjo bolt a common problem>? it doenst look like its coming from there it looks like i have a hole rusted on the lower metal hose, super lame...

89Joe

POTATOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2005
Missouri
Do the quick fix like ForcedTorque suggested, and in the meantime get yourself a new core, and learn how to swap it out. Make sure you burp it after you re-route though. Don't wanna run it low on coolant!

D7MSupra

Ive Infracted
Apr 6, 2008
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Check to see if the nipple has been bent out of round making it into an oval shape. This happend on my firewall fitting and I had to bend it back to circle with some vice grips. I thought I was screwed momentarily also. I figure that all the places where heater hose connects are prone to this happening from the clamps being overtightened...:3d_frown: