Twincharged.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Another way to twincharge would be using a centrifugal S/C kind of like the Procharger units. Have that feed into the intercooler, as well as the turbo, then have one larger pipe going to the throttle body. That way you're not pushing compressed air into a compressor and air can flow more freely. You'll have the S/C feeding down low and the bigger turbo, then the turbo taking over up top.

It's more expensive, but it's the way I personally would go if I were to do something like this

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
I wouldn't recommend that Moy. Centrifugals don't hit full boost immediately, it rises at a set rate relative to your RPMs. IE, a 12PSI pulley will make 12PSI at like 6800 RPMs, not off idle. An Eaton like this hits full boost instantly. Totally different setup.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Quin;1757606 said:
I wouldn't recommend that Moy. Centrifugals don't hit full boost immediately, it rises at a set rate relative to your RPMs. IE, a 12PSI pulley will make 12PSI at like 6800 RPMs, not off idle. An Eaton like this hits full boost instantly. Totally different setup.

ah, I didn't know that

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
Sorry for randomly dissapearing, with engineering classes and working 40hrs a week I don't have much free time. Still no video do to no camera, but if anyone is going to be at the street life tour on the 17th in Xenia Ohio I'll be there, PM me if you want to meet up and chat if your attending!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
RogueSteel;1859574 said:
Did you ever get a video of this monster? I would LOVE to do this...I have an old M90 just collecting dust lol
Well that is really nobody's fault but your own. Get to work! :p

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
My brain hurts from thinking about how this car sound, drive, perform, etc. How about you take some time from your busy life to make a video request from the oh so many members of SM?? :sarcasm:

I would to love hear the car from a start up (exhaust and engine), to normal driving to WOT. You have yourself a unique and well "crafted" piece of machinery sir.

Oh and post a video why don't cha...:icon_bigg

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Supra28;1859896 said:
My brain hurts from thinking about how this car sound, drive, perform, etc. How about you take some time from your busy life to make a video request from the oh so many members of SM??

I would to love hear the car from a start up (exhaust and engine), to normal driving to WOT. You have yourself a unique and well "crafted" piece of machinery sir.

Oh and post a video why don't cha...
There will be a video one day lol as of right now, I've been busy going back and forth with an insurance company. Last Monday I had a car pull out infront of me on my bike sending me fliping over his hood and hitting the ground on the other side. I ended up walking away rather in a strecher. I left with a really bruised knee and a sore shoulder from where I hit the hood so I am very thankful that I did not get hurt bad. Right now I'm trying to not let them total her out since it's all cosmetic damage.
Orion ZyGarian;1859902 said:
I think I saw somewhere else that he ditched the setup :( I hope that's wrong. We need at least a half an hour of video!
Nope, still have the same setup, made a few tweaks here and there but runs pretty good now... just drove it tonight to go see a moive with the girlfriend.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
Aw man, that's awful news! Glad to hear you're okay. I got a Miata because that was the closest I could get to a bike without signing an organ donor card

Excellent that it's still together though. I wasnt kidding when I said we need 30+ minutes of video! :biglaugh:

varadi

Aug 23, 2010
Doveton,Victoria
=) I've just read this thread from page one and i must say =) Please post a video, so many of us would love to see this video up.
Congratulations on the build.
I live in Australia and have a mk3 supra.
It has spent more time in the garage than any where else.
It has a 1ggte that has a stroker kit that takes it to a 2.4 that i'd like to twin charge one day =)
Your post is inspirational just to see that it is being done from place to place

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Ok, crappy video, but something is better than nothing right? lol It's hard to see, but you can get an idea of what it sounds like, this is light throttle accel in first and second... my clutch doesn't really like this setup and is starting to slip now under heavy load, so it looks like I will be changing that this winter along with a bigger fuel setup, and getting rid of my current front bumper.

I will still try to get a better video until then my phone will have to do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e74o5DTDz7I