The TEMS System and HKS EAC-T Bible

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
Just got my HKS TEMS controller wired in. It seems to work setting the suspension.

One thing though I don't have any light in the buttons. The LEDs over the buttons work, but there is no light in the buttons.

Is that right? Or should there be light inside the buttons too? Looking at Crisps avatar it seems to be the case, but I have seen other pictures of HKS tems controller with no lights.

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Kristian_Wraae;1948654 said:
Just got my HKS TEMS controller wired in. It seems to work setting the suspension.

One thing though I don't have any light in the buttons. The LEDs over the buttons work, but there is no light in the buttons.

Is that right? Or should there be light inside the buttons too? Looking at Crisps avatar it seems to be the case, but I have seen other pictures of HKS tems controller with no lights.

All buttons should light. Red when depressed, Green when in raised position. Always on Red or Green.

G/L!

-crisp

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
Well as I wrote the LEDs on the top all work and now I took it apart and there no other LEDs inside the controller.

So if the LEDs on the top work then the lighting works. The buttons themselves have to lighting. They only get lit up by the small LEDs on the top.

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
I have the final wiring diagram here:
HKS TEMS Hardwire.jpg

In addition the short black/white wire with a spade goes to 12V and the black wire with the ring terminal goes to ground.

Last edited:

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Kristian_Wraae;1948743 said:
Well as I wrote the LEDs on the top all work and now I took it apart and there no other LEDs inside the controller.

So if the LEDs on the top work then the lighting works. The buttons themselves have to lighting. They only get lit up by the small LEDs on the top.

Perhaps we have mis-communicated. The buttons themselves have NO lights (LED) INSIDE of them, rather, they ILLUMINATE due to the LED's inside the UNIT near or under the buttons.

Is that clearer and how yours works?

Keep in mind, my PICTURES are well saturated and amplify the amount of color and light you actually see. The buttons are NOT as bright as many of my pictures I have posted under natural conditions. ;)

-crisp

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
I'm working on a small print that will make it possible to keep the squat function when you do an engine swap (like me going 2JZ-GTE). It will also in theory make it possible to keep the original automatic gearbox and gearbox controller.

If it works we will be manufacturing a few sets if people are interested. It will need 12V, ground and the TPS voltage and will output the L1, L2 and L3 signals that are needed by the TEMS computer (and ECT computer).

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
Am I supposed to be able to select firm in both auto and manual mode or just in manual mode?

I can select firm in both modes. Is that right?

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
I now have working squat function with a 2JZ-GTE and an Apexi Power FC ECU. I used the Arduino platform to simulate the L1,L2 and L3 signals.

I'm sure it can also be used to keep the original automatic transmission controller with the 2JZ.

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
crisp;1948778 said:
Keep in mind, my PICTURES are well saturated and amplify the amount of color and light you actually see. The buttons are NOT as bright as many of my pictures I have posted under natural conditions. ;)

-crisp

I just installed one, can confirm your pictures are deceiving ;)