The Small Questions Thread

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
So far, so good, but I will in all likelihood change then out at some point. All my hardware is snug so I won't have issues that is talked about elsewhere, and I did ST sway bars front and back (recommend this), so I can't tell if they are stiffer or if it's the sways.
Rear passenger sound has an odd squeak on slow bumps.

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
So I got a used intercooler but it got banged up through shipping, do I need to just pressure test it to see if it's still good? Or should I buy another since it was insurance covered it?
c30bf9b2aedd2cfa914c2a13d539f153.jpg
f099256e45c8d341f5589aa207db48e3.jpg
16612cb7d63c875bbaf71242608b776b.jpg

Another question is since I am going NA-t is there a need to upgrade the fuel pump if I'm staying stock everything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
there is no air moving in that part so that is up to you.

if your car is na yes you should upgrade the pump.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
So lately my car has been throwing a code 31. It all started when my power steering hose burst and sprayed fluid all over the intake. I replaced the AFM with another sensor and cleaned the intake. It was fine for a short while then started randomly throwing the CEL and bogging and stalling. Checked the intake tonight after a few days replacing my AFM and I saw some oil all around the inside and outside of the filter and saw a light coat of oil on the lip of the AFM where the intake attaches to. What can I check to get rid of the oil? It also seems like there is some sort of leak around the intake that might be spraying out while I am driving and getting on the filter that would explain the oil on the outside of the filter but I should mention the part of the filter that is coated with oil is on the bottom. So I am thinking maybe it's just coming from the intake and seeping through to the outside of the filter.

Maybe it's my turbo seals I mean they are original I don't think my turbo has ever been serviced.

Last edited:

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
it wasn't soaked it was halfway coated. I soaked it in K&N filter cleaner and rinsed it out thoroughly and repeated.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
The oiled type filters arent the best for our AFM's in the first place so add it an additional dousing of ATF and that could have done it, its unlikely that a turbo would spit oil all the way up to the maf. Air is constantly flowing the opposite direction, excessive pvc blow by would be more likely if its not the filter.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Have you ever done a compression test on the car? Unfortunately if it is blow by it is due to rings and requires a rebuild. Make sure the filter is clean and dry and clean out any residual oil in the accordion hose and give the afm another good cleaning with some electrical cleaner and see how it does first.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I did a compression test years ago and it was within the normal spec they were all within the same range. I do need to do it again to double check that. I will give the intake a good cleaning and thoroughly clean the filter again.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Went for a drive tonight and the car was boosting fine the CEL never came on the idle never went wonky on me the car didn't bog or hesitate. I may have just added too much oil since I still have a small oil leak I add some oil before I go to work or out with friends to compensate what I would lose and I guess I added too much. We'll see how it is for the rest of the week.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
So my supra came without any stock OEM floormats. Does anyone have recommendations to what aftermarket ones fit well for our cars? As far as color goes I have gray interior but don't mind black floor mats as that actually easily matches any color combo.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
i got some off amazon that were ok but they wore out pretty fast whee my throttle foot went. would be nice to get a oem quality aftermarket one. i need 2 sets in black.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Has anyone replaced the high pressure power steering hose with the driftmotion stainless hose? I am not sure how to route it or how to go about replacing it.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
+1 going to be possibly doing this soon as well. I'm going to be dropping front subframe if I do though so I'm more interested in the routing vs the how.

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
I am doing my shocks and having a heck of a time releasing the electrical connectors on the rear TEMS actuators.

It looks like the side coming from the wiring harness is the end that should come out, but I just cannot figure out what the catch is that holds it in place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!