The Small Questions Thread

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
Doat;2049662 said:
can you lower the brake pedal to make it easier to heel toe?

I can't remember who I picked this up from, but you can space the throttle bracket/pedal off the firewall to get it to the elevation of the brake pedal.

I using a 1JZ w/usdm mk4 turbo throttle cable,
I used 4 1/4" thick 1" round cabinet spacers, for +1/2"

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Thanks.

Anyone know what parts can be used from a 7M or anything else on a 1G? I need to replace the alternator on my JDM MK3 with a 1GGTE and need to know what parts I can order as a 7M that will work on it and such.

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
Any after market Camber Bolt Sets out there for the 86-92 Supra Rear Lower Control Arms? $87 seems steep when i use to get grade 8 cam bolts for much less.

Last edited:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Never seen one. The stock bolts are quality and zinc played tho.

If I was going to not use stock I would use arp and adjustable arms.

ask92

That guy.
Nov 17, 2008
Rocklin, CA
18828611712_62b65d54c7_b.jpg

Thoughts on these bearings?

ask92

That guy.
Nov 17, 2008
Rocklin, CA
I bought this engine two weeks ago from someone else and am tearing into it to check everything out.

But thanks for playing, better luck next time.

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
ask92;2050972 said:
I bought this engine two weeks ago from someone else and am tearing into it to check everything out.

But thanks for playing, better luck next time.
what are you talking about? I fail to see why i need better luck. You perhaps could use some if you're just posting photos with no context and expecting advice. though that is a bad groove, looks like dirt or a metal shaving got in the bearing

ask92

That guy.
Nov 17, 2008
Rocklin, CA
atmperformance;2050998 said:
what are you talking about? I fail to see why i need better luck. You perhaps could use some if you're just posting photos with no context and expecting advice. though that is a bad groove, looks like dirt or a metal shaving got in the bearing
The next time you blindly guess on something I hope you have better luck.

And I took the pistons and rods out and discovered this so the whole engine is now going to get a refresh, including bearings.
18676266548_2f08b01fc7_b.jpg

mirage83

Mar 21, 2008
Georgia

Without any context to your question what did you really expect? You posted the pic and asked what we thought. ATM reasonably presumed since it was your pic and your bearing that it was your engine, and opined that you need to change the oil more often as the bearing exhibited signs of abnormal wear due to dirty/contaminated oil.

So lose the attitude, and try providing a little background information next time.

ask92

That guy.
Nov 17, 2008
Rocklin, CA
mirage83;2051073 said:

Without any context to your question what did you really expect? You posted the pic and asked what we thought. ATM reasonably presumed since it was your pic and your bearing that it was your engine, and opined that you need to change the oil more often as the bearing exhibited signs of abnormal wear due to dirty/contaminated oil.

So lose the attitude, and try providing a little background information next time.
Haha my attitude stems from people who make absolutely useless posts and just waste forum space. Doat and Chevyguyjoe posted something useful and did not look like a tool while doing so. Seems to be the common thing on this forum, people that don't know what they are talking about and try to mask it with being funny. Thanks for the help kids, but ill stick to the more knowledgeable forum for advice from now on.

CelicaSUPRAmk2

May 28, 2015
Seattle
Scenario: I received a new set of forged CP pistons and Eagle H-beam rods. They've been preassembled. However, the package did not include instructions.
Question: Is there a specific order in which they should go within the engine block?

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ask92;2051098 said:
Haha my attitude stems from people who make absolutely useless posts and just waste forum space. Doat and Chevyguyjoe posted something useful and did not look like a tool while doing so. Seems to be the common thing on this forum, people that don't know what they are talking about and try to mask it with being funny. Thanks for the help kids, but ill stick to the more knowledgeable forum for advice from now on.

First of all (and I very very very rarely say this) your an idiot.
I don't normally flame people on forums and this is NOT Facebook. Occasionally we will get a snippy remark from someone weary of reading the same question over and over... But there are good people here with good knowledge.

You asked, "thoughts on these bearings?"

You got a response and instantly went into Facebook troll mode.

More to say, but not gonna bother. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

atmperformance;2050998 said:

There was nothing wrong with this remark. Think about it.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
CelicaSUPRAmk2;2051254 said:
Scenario: I received a new set of forged CP pistons and Eagle H-beam rods. They've been preassembled. However, the package did not include instructions.
Question: Is there a specific order in which they should go within the engine block?

The block needs to be machines the fit. The rods should be checked to see if they need to be re sized. Rings end gap needs I be checked. Standard engine building basics really.

tylerjacobsen85

WVsupradriver
Nov 28, 2005
Morgantown, WV
Who's supra is on Regular Cars Review youtube channel? I think it's in the PA area.

[video=youtube;Yysm_CZaFcA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yysm_CZaFcA[/video]

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
So I'm installing ES bushing on the upper/lower control arms. I remember reading something not too long ago about issues with the LCA's. Grandavi how are yours holding up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk