The Small Questions Thread

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
Anyone know what size is needed for drilling the block for the soft line kit(NA-T) from DM? I'm having the machinist do it since I'm not comfortable drilling into the block. But I don't have the flange to take to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
I see alrighty then I'll have to wait to order it then. I have all the stock turbo stuff from the spare gte motor just don't know if it would be better to go with the softline kit. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmp316

Yard Man
Jan 25, 2011
Cape Coral,FL and Jamaica
Grandavi;2029458 said:
Oil is oil ... kinda. Your questions should include the fact that your in Cape Coral... that it gets hot (or not) and how you drive. If you are using the car as a DD, then any 10W30 will do you providing you change it. If its sitting for long periods I prefer Synthetic just because the additives leech out over time in "mineral" oil. If you drive at high rpm or lots of accelerating, then Synthetic again... its just a bit better than Mineral. For normal plain jane sane driving.. mineral is all you need. Millions of vehicles survive with it.

Now... "is it worth it for a 7M"? I have a built 7M... so I find the question offensive... lol.

Thanks for the reply. I am just going to go with 10-30 or 10-40 which has the best deal

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
It is also determined by temp. The w in 10w-30 is for winter. In colder climates you want a 0 or 5w 30 so the oil flows faster.

Also dno a 0 or 5w 30 is fine for your climate. No need for 10.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
How can I adjust the clutch engagement point? My clutch engages at the top of the pedal I want to lower it to the middle.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Yea that is the nut I adjusted but it just affected the free play before the engagement. I'll try again maybe I am just retarded or not adjusting it enough or most likely both lol. Thanks.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Doat;2029707 said:
Yea that is the nut I adjusted but it just affected the free play before the engagement. I'll try again maybe I am just retarded or not adjusting it enough or most likely both lol. Thanks.

I think it should be able to adjust where the clutch engages as well. I had to adjust mine when I first got the car 4 years ago after I replaced the master and slave cylinder, but I don't really remember what the process was.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I figured it out kind of I adjusted the pedal height and the actual free play but turning the cable for the master cylinder that is the part I did not do. I didn't know you had to play with both of those even though it's in the TSRM but I overlooked that part. Ignore my post lol it was a brain fart. Thanks you guys rock as usual.

rhs

Sep 21, 2014
Dallas
hvyman;2029890 said:
Did you remove the old green and black bushing?

I removed both the worn parts and replaced them. Put everything back the same way. It'll be a couple weeks till I have time to mess with it. I'll get pictures of what I have.

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
hey guys. in next few weeks im planing to put back together my engine after BGH. i have no idea what happened second time because i did get head machined and used Cometic HG with ARP studs torqued to 110nm..... i guess it was my fault because i didnt know that first 1000km you have to drive it gently and with no antifreeze in system.... after checking cometic HG i found it could have been leaking through block side on 1st and 6th cylinder so i was thinking to remove some high spots as there are some as i dont have possibilities to bring block to be machined...

so could this have been the cause of second time 'BHG' because of my harsh driving and not enaugh smooth block surface?

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
No... You don't have to drive it gently and you NEVER drive with "no" antifreeze. No idea if that's what you really meant.

Yes. If not machined correctly, it will fail. You have to machine the block correctly to use a Mhg, otherwise use the stock composite.

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
thx grandavi. sooooooooo. i will clean block as best as i can and will use ARP's with stock HG which came along with gasket set.

what torque u recomend for me to use?

and would you recomend to use some kinda gasket seal on HG? actually there was red/orange silicone type gasket seal when i took the head apart for the first time.

Last edited:

rhs

Sep 21, 2014
Dallas
Is the Carbon Creations hood the best option for aftermarket?

Also, I think my shifter problem was from a rubber washer that the previous owner put between the spring and the cup. It was getting jammed. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be there or if he did that as a spacer since the bushing was worn.