The Small Questions Thread

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
The waste gate went out on mine .. We "modified" a stock wastegate to fit on it which kinda worked other than the wastegate sticking open sometimes ... but honestly for a few dollars more you can get a good reliable turbo that you won't have to worry about coming apart on you

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
i understand that. my searches are for a turbo that would fit stock manifold and the best scenario stock exhaust housing as well. i dont plan to use stock exhaust piping to any aftermarket turbo but i have high flow 3'' elbow waiting to be used that fits CT26.

is there any other turbos that can fit stock manifold?

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
Where is he located? I cant ship anything from USA because of our 'nice' laws. Have to pay high % of item value when it crosses the border + customs cost is huge. So my best option is europe as im located in Latvia

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
Hi guys i was wondering ... Do mk3 supras have an information sticker that tells rear end ratios stock paint like in old chevy pickups. I'm trying to learn more about the options that came on my car from the factory

mk3supralove

Sep 14, 2012
Kelowna
There's a metal plate on the firewall, I know there's a code for the differential, this picture should help figure out which diff you got,uploadfromtaptalk1391326769300.jpg

Boosted MK3

Jul 6, 2013
Forest Hill, MD
Hey guys, just a quick question. With my wastegate (driftmotion 11psi) I'm hitting fuel cut super hard. Shouldn't the wastegate be able to hold me at 11psi so i'm just under the cut? Don't have any major mods just basic stuff; 3" DM "Race" exhaust, BIC DDP, 57 Trim CT26, Apexi CAI, and 3" Boost piping.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Temperature has a factor. I hit fuel cut at 11 psi in 30-40 degree air temps

Also, the 57 will move way more air at 11 psi than a regular ct26. That's why you're hitting FC

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Boosted MK3

Jul 6, 2013
Forest Hill, MD
Backlash2032;1988314 said:
Temperature has a factor. I hit fuel cut at 11 psi in 30-40 degree air temps

Also, the 57 will move way more air at 11 psi than a regular ct26. That's why you're hitting FC

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
Gotcha, thanks! I've had the 57 trim on for about 4-5 months now and this FC problem has been plaguing me since. I'm even hitting it on days when it's over 100 degrees. Guess that means it's time for 550's and a TT fuel pump, was really hoping to give the motor a good once over (new belts, all new houses, etc.) before upgrading any of that but unless there is a way to lower boost beyond the wastegate spring (not possible from what I've read) that isn't going to happen.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Also, besides temp you have to consider altitude. The fuel pump isn't what you need, its the Lexus AFM and 550's that you need. the 550's feed better and the AFM fools the ECU into thinking everything is running as per normal specs. A boost controller will allow you to play with your boost settings... but there are different levels to boost controllers. I run the HKS EVC-S which allows me to play with a whole mess of settings and gives me stock/A/B settings for various setups... all at a push of a button.

The fuel cut is just saving your engine basically... because the ECU will cut when it can't prevent you from leaning out. It will also be running you pig-rich as well for the same reason. A Lexus AFM upgrade with the 550's shouldn't overtax your fuel pump imo. Adding an AFPR isn't that expensive/difficult and will allow you to watch.. but personally I wouldn't run without adding a Wideband just to see your AFR's. The last thing you want is to run lean, but running overly rich has other consequences as well (such as bonewash, topping out power prematurely, etc.. ). 57 trim + Lexus AFM + 550's + 3" exhaust is considered a BPU setup. Fuel pump/AFPR/Wideband are optional and recommended.

Just remember.. if your engine is weak.. this is going to hasten its demise.

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
is there cars that i can take 550's injectors from? i dont mind runing used injectors as my girl loves to travel around and spend $$$ everywhere excempt my supra :D

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
wow thats great news since here is lots of EVO parts. is it only EVO VIII or VII and IX as well since they use tje same engine?

and one more thing - arent EVO 8 injectors 560cc? is it ok when everyone recomends 550cc with Lexus AFM? i saw price for them ir 30Eur piece I guess its ok for used.

Last edited:

Boosted MK3

Jul 6, 2013
Forest Hill, MD
Grandavi;1988371 said:
Also, besides temp you have to consider altitude. The fuel pump isn't what you need, its the Lexus AFM and 550's that you need. the 550's feed better and the AFM fools the ECU into thinking everything is running as per normal specs. A boost controller will allow you to play with your boost settings... but there are different levels to boost controllers. I run the HKS EVC-S which allows me to play with a whole mess of settings and gives me stock/A/B settings for various setups... all at a push of a button.

The fuel cut is just saving your engine basically... because the ECU will cut when it can't prevent you from leaning out. It will also be running you pig-rich as well for the same reason. A Lexus AFM upgrade with the 550's shouldn't overtax your fuel pump imo. Adding an AFPR isn't that expensive/difficult and will allow you to watch.. but personally I wouldn't run without adding a Wideband just to see your AFR's. The last thing you want is to run lean, but running overly rich has other consequences as well (such as bonewash, topping out power prematurely, etc.. ). 57 trim + Lexus AFM + 550's + 3" exhaust is considered a BPU setup. Fuel pump/AFPR/Wideband are optional and recommended.

Just remember.. if your engine is weak.. this is going to hasten its demise.

Thanks for the info! Motor should be pretty strong, the motor was rebuild about 20,000 miles ago but some of the houses look like they were reused (half are nice half look old and brittle) so I'm going to go ahead and replace all the coolant houses and vacuum lines along with a compression test and leakdown test before I put the 550's in just for peace of mind. Again, thanks for the info! Now going to start shopping around for all the parts =)

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
wow guys there is only one thing i can say about this forum - its PERFECT. full of information and what i found that there is answers to allmost every question that ANY supra owner could come up with. found discusions of 560cc EVO 8 9 injectors as well. love supramania ;)

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
So I got my mishimoto installed and did the "burping" with the heater on, got it cleaned up noticed it sits just a little too high and the hood rubs on the left corner and rad cap. Anyone else have that problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
Yea that's what I thought but I jacked up the car to make sure it set in right from the bottom
epa8a5ej.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk