The Small Questions Thread

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
i have a small quastion. where do i have serch for my ''cant turn off my lights'' failure. one day just returned from mall and light were on. cant turn them off anymore. is it common? and my left side parking lights are off. just left side. front and rear. + licence plate light.

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
jetjock;1983197 said:
^ Good suggestions, although the questions are odd, considering the source...

the car is still ABS..

looking for suggestions, mostly so I don't pick a fluid incompatible with OEM seals etc..

wheel studs I was hoping to avoid standing at the napa warehouse for an hour while someone hunted for an unknown part for unspecified application
^they really hate me for this...
I guess I'll just knock one out of the parts car and put it in my pocket...

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Janch;1983286 said:
i have a small quastion. where do i have serch for my ''cant turn off my lights'' failure. one day just returned from mall and light were on. cant turn them off anymore. is it common? and my left side parking lights are off. just left side. front and rear. + licence plate light.
Might have something to do with the blue headlamp box aka integration relay no.2 in the drivers side kick panel.

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
drivers side.jpg ok i couldnt really figure out whitch exactly is that blue thing. maybe u could give me a hint. so this is how it looks for me.

after i plugged out and in all the relys and fuses head lights finally went down and up when chenged position on my switch for few times then stucked on open again. anyways hope u could help me here :)

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Kick panel might have been a little vague my bad. If I recall correctly (it's been a while) it's further up closer to under the steering column. It's a wallet sized rectangular blue box. You can take it apart and look for any burned up components but the easiest thing to do is put a known good one in and see if it fixes it.

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
Silver MK3;1983190 said:
I just use regular Valvoline synthetic brake fluid for my clutch and brake. Its DOT4 I believe and is sold at autozone, etc.

For power steering I use Mobil 1 synthetic ATF and added a Magnefine filter in the return line to the reservoir.

What size line connections for the Magnefine filter? Im replacing my steering rack resevoir and lines soon this is a great Idea.:icon_bigg

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
drogon;1983588 said:
What size line connections for the Magnefine filter? Im replacing my steering rack resevoir and lines soon this is a great Idea.:icon_bigg

I believe it is a 3/8" one for the return line to the reservoir. Make sure you put the filter in the right direction as well. The suction line is 5/8" and was hard for me to find, NAPA was the only one who had it and it was kinda pricey for a hose.

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
Silver MK3;1983620 said:
I believe it is a 3/8" one for the return line to the reservoir. Make sure you put the filter in the right direction as well. The suction line is 5/8" and was hard for me to find, NAPA was the only one who had it and it was kinda pricey for a hose.

Ok thanks! Got it on ebay for $12.00 and I read that Ill make sure to check 2x haha. I got a NAPA like 3 min away. Rather pay a little extra now so save headaches later forsure!

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
drogon;1983627 said:
Ok thanks! Got it on ebay for $12.00 and I read that Ill make sure to check 2x haha. I got a NAPA like 3 min away. Rather pay a little extra now so save headaches later forsure!

Cool. All the other parts stores in the area told me they didn't have any that big and NAPA didn't think they did either until they started digging around in the back.

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
This might be a stupid question so I'll put it here...... When I installed my ID injectors the clips hit the head when pointed straight up so I rotated them 90°will/could that effect the spray?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
There is a huge thread already out there and has all there issues documented.

Better off just getting a 57trim ct26. That will get you to 400crank no problem with supporting mods.

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
yeah found the thread. going through it. anyone actually bought it? as im in 7th page :D

things like turbo upgrades in Latvia costs way to much to get one. even rebuild cost is like 400$+ and gives you a warranty of 2mths.

mk3supralove

Sep 14, 2012
Kelowna
Hi, Im looking at doing a little killswitch to the ignition lock, should I splice into the black/white wire? And what gauge wire should I use? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LG-P500h using Tapatalk 2

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Janch;1988105 said:
yeah found the thread. going through it. anyone actually bought it? as im in 7th page :D

things like turbo upgrades in Latvia costs way to much to get one. even rebuild cost is like 400$+ and gives you a warranty of 2mths.

I bought it back when I was young and stupid...... My advice... Don't.....