The Small Questions Thread

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
te72;1919489 said:
If I'm not mistaken, the AC fans only come on when things get REALLY hot, correct?

(on a 7m) Yeah, and with the ac running, obviously.

. Possibly to prevent too much current draw?
That was my thinking, but Im not sure.

Or perhaps a similar reason such as how your fogs turn off if you turn on the high beams?

I think thats just a legal issue. Thats how all stock toyotas act, in my experience.

suprasick

Hey look...a Supra!
Mar 17, 2006
Milton, Washington
Is there a difference in body panels between the model years? I recently installed a fender from an 89 on my 87 and there is a big gap between the hood and the fender no matter how much I adjust the hood.

suprasick

Hey look...a Supra!
Mar 17, 2006
Milton, Washington
Thanks for the advice. While I was adjusting the fender I realized that the plastic spacers for the two bolts near the bottom of the fender were missing and pulling the fender down from the hood. After fixing that all is good!

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
suprasick;1923623 said:
Thanks for the advice. While I was adjusting the fender I realized that the plastic spacers for the two bolts near the bottom of the fender were missing and pulling the fender down from the hood. After fixing that all is good!

Good to hear you got it figured out :)

Hey guys, my car been having problems. I'm 75% sure its a BHG but not sure. My car blows white smoke, I hear a bubbling sound from inside the car when I press gas, can't boost past 4psi, and I'm slowly losing coolant. I used a block tester, but I past it so that made me more confused on what might be going on. Any suggestions?

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
New question! Who makes blue sway bars for the mkiii? Haven't seen a name on mine anywhere and would like to know if they are just powder acted or something or if somebody actually makes a blue swaybar

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
This look like a cusco?
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Compton74

Oct 8, 2008
Long Beach
Never been in a car that has them, I only know a guy that has them hanging in hi garage due to there über rareness. But if made by cusco its top quality they make a good product

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
curious about the stock MK3 spare tire jack location?

does that little canvas bag just float around under the spare tire...? or is there a bracket in the quarter panel I didn't see..?

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
#04;1943982 said:
curious about the stock MK3 spare tire jack location?

does that little canvas bag just float around under the spare tire...? or is there a bracket in the quarter panel I didn't see..?

I put mine in the side compartment

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2