The (old) Official Gun Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Supracentral;1700933 said:
You could sell it in the misc for sale section here, and you can use http://www.gunbroker.com/ - I've sold a few there.

How was the gunbroker process? What is the requirements to sell there?

suprarx7nut;1700975 said:
I sold my Sig through a regional gun owners org. I bet you've got something similar. Mine sold in 5 hours to a local ccw holder.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

http://www.tngunowners.com/ Is what I found, guess I'll try there.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
SupraMario;1700997 said:

It's been a few years since I've sold on there, but if I remember correctly it was very much like eBay. You post the item, person buys it, they send you the contact info for their FFL, you ship to that FFL holders address.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
SupraMario;1700997 said:

It's been a few years since I've sold on there, but if I remember correctly it was very much like eBay. You post the item, person buys it, they send you the contact info for their FFL, you ship to that FFL holders address.

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
If you guys are entering an armed situation, how do you convey a non lethal tactics to avoid shooting someone who doesnt deserve it?
ie. last night drunk naked person breaks into our appt laundry room. It was met with a verbal resolution untill the cops came.
Now say an intruder wasn't compelled to stop or to surrender just by the fact that you have a gun, how do you convince them to cease action?

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
If there is an intruder in my home and he won't surrender it's easy. The intruder will surrender after the 1000 fps objects enter his cranial cavity. I won't apologize for my opinion. The intruder made a conscious decision to intrude. He or she isn't there for any good justifiable reason. I WILL NOT suffer anyone who wishes harm to my wife or my kids and is in my home.

Murphy's Law of Combat: When in doubt, empty your magazine.

Now you can say to shoot them in a knee or what not, but that's up to you.

Again, this is my opinion. Others may vary. :)

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
Either pull the gun and use it or don't do anything with it. If you do pull the gun, you need to shoot to "stop" (ie: kill) the person. Shooting the knees or something dumb like that is just going to come back and bite you when an overzealous prosecutor tries to convict you for a felony since you shot someone who wasn't a clear and present danger to your and others well being, because if they were, you would have shot to kill them.
As far as non-lethal tactics, that's why you're supposed to carry a flashlight and other tools. The gun should only be coming out as the very last resort.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Supracentral;1701035 said:

This is still correct. When buying from an individual, you need to make sure the receiving FFL will accept from an individual. You usually have to send a copy of your driver's license along with the weapon.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
FullNelson;1701442 said:
If you guys are entering an armed situation, how do you convey a non lethal tactics to avoid shooting someone who doesnt deserve it?
ie. last night drunk naked person breaks into our appt laundry room. It was met with a verbal resolution untill the cops came.
Now say an intruder wasn't compelled to stop or to surrender just by the fact that you have a gun, how do you convince them to cease action?

In Indiana, if an intruder is in your home, you can shoot them. Remember, dead me tell no tales. Your guilty conscience is up to you so to speak.
In your instance, drunk or not, if a person proceeds to attack you, its time to end the threat.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
FullNelson;1701442 said:

In the case you describe, the naked drunk didn't seem to really pose a threat, and he's not threatening YOUR property. A laundry room in an apartment complex isn't your property. If I'm not threatened by you, I'm simply going to call the police, and continue to monitor you to ensure you don't become a threat. If you run away, I may follow in order to direct the police to you, but I'm not even going to consider shooting you. It's uncalled for. I'm not going to draw a weapon on someone I don't consider a threat.

My simple belief is in the non initiation of force. However I'm also of the belief that once you initiate a threat of violence against another person, or illegally force your way onto their property, you have forfeited your rights. You have none, you are at their mercy. If I feel threatened by you, I'm going to shoot you, using all of the training, skill and practice that I have engaged in over the years. This means you are likely to get two rounds center mass followed by one in the head.

The laws in my state support this position. The GA castle doctrine, also extends to your automobile as well. You have no duty to retreat here. If someone is threatening you, you can use deadly force to put a stop to it. Here's the actual GA law:

06 SB396/AP
Senate Bill 396
By: Senators Goggans of the 7th, Johnson of the 1st, Williams of the 19th, Whitehead, Sr. of the 24th, Unterman of the 45th and others
AS PASSED
AN ACT

To amend Article 2 of Chapter 3 of Title 16 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to justification and excuse as a defense to certain crimes, so as to provide that a person who is attacked has no duty to retreat; to provide that such person has a right to meet force with force, including deadly force; to provide for civil immunity; to amend Article 1 of Chapter 11 of Title 51 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to general provisions relative to defense to tort actions, so as to provide for civil immunity; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other purposes.

BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF GEORGIA:

SECTION 1.
Article 2 of Chapter 3 of Title 16 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to justification and excuse as a defense to certain crimes, is amended by inserting immediately following Code Section 16-3-23 a new Code section to read as follows:
"16-3-23.1.
A person who uses threats or force in accordance with Code Section 16-3-21, relating to the use of force in defense of self or others, Code Section 16-3-23, relating to the use of force in defense of a habitation, or Code Section 16-3-24, relating to the use of force in defense of property other than a habitation, has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and use force as provided in said Code sections, including deadly force."​

SECTION 2.
Said article is further amended by striking in its entirety Code Section 16-3-24.2, relating to immunity from prosecution and exception, and inserting in lieu thereof the following:
"16-3-24.2.
A person who uses threats or force in accordance with Code Section 16-3-21, 16-3-23, 16-3-23.1, or 16-3-24 shall be immune from criminal prosecution therefor unless in the use of deadly force, such person utilizes a weapon the carrying or possession of which is unlawful by such person under Part 2 or 3 of Article 4 of Chapter 11 of this title."​
SECTION 3.
Article 1 of Chapter 11 of Title 51 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to general provisions relative to defense to tort actions, is amended by striking in its entirety Code Section 51-11-9, relating to immunity from civil liability for threat or use of force in defense of a habitation, and inserting in lieu thereof the following:
"51-11-9.
A person who is justified in threatening or using force against another under the provisions of Code Section 16-3-21, relating to the use of force in defense of self or others, Code Section 16-3-23, relating to the use of force in defense of a habitation, or Code Section 16-3-24, relating to the use of force in defense of property other than a habitation, has no duty to retreat from the use of such force and shall not be held liable to the person against whom the use of force was justified or to any person acting as an accomplice or assistant to such person in any civil action brought as a result of the threat or use of such force."​

SECTION 4.
All laws and parts of laws in conflict with this Act are repealed.

This is not a good place to be a dangerous criminal.

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
As far as what happened in my case, The only reason I proceeded to see what was happening was to make sure my sister was all right in apartment adjacent to the laundry room. No weapon drawn, Just some profanities thrown haha.

Back to hypothetical, my conscious would kill me if I knew I killed someone whos only intent was maybe a well placed punch to allow them to get away. Maybe just invest in a large magwell? Now if they draw a weapon and make it obvious they have the intent to kill me, then ill scratch my trigger finger.

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
The "duty to retreat" was the term I couldn't remember! Situations vary, but like I said before with a true intruder, the solution is easy enough. The problem with them drawing a weapon and threatening to kill you might mean they already have a bead on you. A lot tougher there. Can you get your weapon out in time?

For the laundry room thing, do you still have a duty to retreat if it's a room in your apartment complex where you live? Do you have a right to defend yourself with lethal force if confronted with force in your living environment? Fuzzy, I know, but I'm asking.

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
CPT Furious;1701906 said:
The "duty to retreat" was the term I couldn't remember! Situations vary, but like I said before with a true intruder, the solution is easy enough. The problem with them drawing a weapon and threatening to kill you might mean they already have a bead on you. A lot tougher there. Can you get your weapon out in time?

For the laundry room thing, do you still have a duty to retreat if it's a room in your apartment complex where you live? Do you have a right to defend yourself with lethal force if confronted with force in your living environment? Fuzzy, I know, but I'm asking.

In the situation as it played out, I did have a right and I did employ it. As for the right to defend myself, My state has the right to 'stand your ground' law.

What are your guys thoughts on entering a situation, leave it holstered or lead with it drawn?

I feel my duty to retreat would only be enacted after I knew my sister& girlfriend were safe. When the duty to retreat is brought up, would that duty only be to your safety? Or would it be addressing your family as a whole safely retreating to safety?

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Finished another build:

UDR CAR-15 01a.jpg

UDR CAR-15 02a.jpg

UDR CAR-15 03.jpg

Specs:
- Tactical Innovations billet lower reciever, AR-15 Mod T15-BDX - Colt Upper
- Lothar-Walther stainless barrel, 1-8 twist polyangle rifled, Wylde chamber w/ pinned Surefire flash hider
- Vltor CASV-EL handguard. Bravo Company “Gunfighter” tactical charging handle
- MagPul ACS stock, Troy Pro sling adapter, CAR-15 XH buffer and MOE grip
- KNS Gen 2 stainless anti-rotation hammer/trigger pins
- Inside of upper, bolt carrier, bolt, and hammer boron nitrite coated
- Upper, lower, flash hider, forestock and all controls coated with Cerekote H series custom “Urban Dark Earth” - upper/lower receiver is "Urban Grey".
- PRI hooded front sight/gas block, ARMS #40L-P rear sight
- IOR Valdada 1x4 35mm Pitbull Tactical Scope, Illuminated CQB reticule, target knobs. IOR Valdada V-Tac mount w/ 35mm STANG rings

I played around with mixing Cerekote colors. The Urban Dark Earth is FDE & Sniper grey mixed - the Urban grey is Gunmetal grey and Sniper grey mixed. The tone changes depending on the light...in sun light the brown comes out on the furniture, the receiver has a bit of metal flake. Inside, the furniture looks more grey and the receiver darkens. It's very cool ;)

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
Again, John, a really nice work of art. I have a question, though. Does it have enough accuracy at long range for scope with the shorter barrel? The reason I ask is because I'm used to the shorter barreled rifles being used to CQB or CQC (whichever you prefer) and having more "tactical" sights. Just curious, not a critique of your work at all! :)

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
The IOR Valdada Pitbull is a 1x4 Tactical scope with a CQB illuminated reticule. This scope is very similar to an ACOG - the biggest difference is it switches from 1X to 4X. This allows you to use 1X almost identical to an AimPoint. It has flexibility to switch to 4X for the 2-300 yrd engagements, well within this barrel's capability. I do not like this mount and will be trading it out for an American Defense Recon-PB made for this scope. The V-Tac has the scope too far forward because of having to attach to the rail forward of the rear B/U sight.

BTW Lane, this is the weapon we talked about on the phone ;)

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
Gotcha! I like those that have the flexibility like that. I've seen the EOTech that flips to the side when magnification is not needed, but didn't know what else was out there. So, if that's the one we talked about, when can I pick it up...? :):):)

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
You'll have to wait a bit, got another I need to build up for a local guy ;)
He wants his in a traditional scheme - all black. Gonna do it on an Armalite center section.

Status
Not open for further replies.