The new LG VU by ATT.....I hate it

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
I just thought I would share my thoughts on the LG VU by ATT. I bought it after using the iPhone for a while. I pretty much hated it. Screen was too dark, almost impossible for me to text (iPhone is so easy to use), the touch calibration was way off. I pretty much bought it at 5:00pm today and returned it at 7:00pm. I took it home and played with it for like 5 mins and was very disappointed in it.

This is just my 2 cents from trying it out and thought I would share for those that are interested in it. But, like I mentioned, I was using the iPhone prior to it. I love the iPhone.

End of my story/rant

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Boo. I have Verizon for my cell phone, and have been thinking of this little guy:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/...t&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=3694

My bill would be a bit higher, but it would allow me to deal with work emails when I'm not near a computer (not that I get that many), and I like the idea of having the internet available at all times. Another thing that's cool about it (it's actually a PDA)- is that you can use the stylus to simply write the words down, and it translates them to text. I thought that was nifty.

I wish Verizon would carry the iPhone. :( I've wanted one for a while...

Edit, by the way, how much do you pay a month, if you don't mind me asking? I pay around $45-$50/month for my phone, and with the new one I'm looking at, it would go up to about $80/month. :(

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
I pay about $85/month. That includes 450 anytime, 5000 night and weekend, 7a-7p for $7 (my nights start at 7pm instead of 9pm), iPhone service (its $20 and you have to get it), unlimited text ($15).

I just love it though. You'd have to play with one for a little while to really like it. It is the easiest phone to text and is extremely user friendly. I have gmail and I have it connected to my phone. So, my emails automatically come to my phone as well as my computer. There are so many things I love about this phone. But, there are a few that I don't like. For example, the lack of sending a multimedia text. It isn't enough to make me get rid of it though as todays events have enlightened me.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I hate Apple, but I played with an IPhone and it seemed very nice. I do not know what my next phone will be. I've had my Razr Black for over 2 1/2 years now. It was run over by a 4x4 when it slipped out of my pocket at work, but it still works. I want something with faster text capability [full QWERTY keyboard or stylus might do] and real applications. To tell you the truth [and I know it is asking a lot] if my PSP had phone capabilities to go along with all of the homebrew apps, it would win, even without a real keyboard.

cartel1_950

supra is gone
Jan 30, 2006
calgary
PSP's latest firmware lets you use skype(internet phone) which is pretty sweet.

and you guys in the states are lucky. we don't get iphone here

also we don't get the LG VX1000(voyager) and that phone looks amazing

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I'm a t-mobile sidekick person until I die...

simplest interface EVER...

plus the games kick ass, I have bust a move, megaman 2, sonic the hedgehog, contra, galaga and a BUNCH of other classics and new games...

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
RazoE;1063122 said:
I'm a t-mobile sidekick person until I die...

simplest interface EVER...

plus the games kick ass, I have bust a move, megaman 2, sonic the hedgehog, contra, galaga and a BUNCH of other classics and new games...

I'm telling you, even though it is bulky as hell, if they made a PSP with full phone capabilities [not just Skype] it would be amazing. Swappable memory cards, movies that will play from cards or discs, games that will play from cards or discs, mp3/wma player, emulation for PS1 games, wi-fi, web browser, image viewer, homebrew emulation for just about any old gaming system plus a variety of handy applications. All it needs is a small slide-out QWERTY keyboard and phone capability. I would be willing to pay a small fortune for it.