The Mistress

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Hey Grim, I saw a Snap-On scanner in the first video. Was he using it to get codes by using the check engine light, or was he pulling real time information? I know it is not possible on our Supras but I was just wondering what was he doing with it if you knew. Thanks.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I expect he was using it to pull real information - keep in mind, the engine and computer in this car are not from a Mk3 Supra, so everything you know about what works and what doesn't pretty much gets tossed out the nearest window. ;)

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
O, I forgot. 2J's have a different connector on the engine harness to pull information. It would be nice to have that for the 7M. What would be nice for the 7M is something like what Nissans have, they send out their computers and a guy puts in a chip and a data port so you can tune the fuel maps and a few other things yourself for $400.00.

What suspension is on the car? I have no clue why TurboDrifter sold the car. Well, hope it was nothing serious in his life to cause that move.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Small update.

I've finally got the new battery box, circuit breaker, meth pump, and meth tank all mounted and wired in. Battery box is from Moroso, it's composite, and NHRA certified. Circuit breaker is a generic surface mount marine 100A. Meth tank and pump are from AEM.

The nice thing about this box - other than the fact that it isn't conductive, of course - is that the lid is held on my 6 little quick release catches and isn't connected to the battery tie down. I've always hated having to unthread a couple of nuts 4 inches just to get the battery tie down off.

Some pictures:

IMG_7972.JPG

IMG_7973.JPG

IMG_7974.JPG

IMG_7975.JPG

IMG_7977.JPG

PS: The tie down that comes with the kit is BARELY too narrow to fit an Optima. I'll have one custom made so that it hooks over the edge properly.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Looking good Dave. I love that battery box. I ended up mounting my meth tank to the back of my passengers side rear seat.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
VanSupra;1526238 said:
Dave are you going to add in a kill switch?
Already there... it's behind the license plate, in the usual Supra location. I like the one on your little toy, down low is pretty wicked too.

Supraholics;1526265 said:
Great acquisition!!! Loved the exhaust since I first saw it in Jeremy's build. Pretty close to what I want to do on mine!

OT - Where in Mexico did you go?
Thanks! We were on a cruise, the Mexican Riviera... does Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, and ... Mazatlan, I think. Pardon my terrible spelling.

Oh, and there's another update coming very shortly... it's in, I just need to take some pictures. Considering the weekend I just had, I'm more likely to soak in the tub and sleep until the late afternoon than shutterbug, but I'll give you all a hint:

darkgrey.jpg

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
GrimJack;1527074 said:
Oh, and there's another update coming very shortly... it's in, I just need to take some pictures. Considering the weekend I just had, I'm more likely to soak in the tub and sleep until the late afternoon than shutterbug, but I'll give you all a hint:

darkgrey.jpg
Ok, this aside, because I still haven't taken any pics yet, I did some other work today.

Took pics of one side, both are in and look awesome now.

Old and busted:
IMG_4976.JPG

New hotness:
IMG_4979.JPG

Oh, and I installed my new switch panel, while I had the door panels off.
IMG_4973.JPG

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
love the paint job man, take a while guess why:naughty: . Like the design of the exhaust but i don't like how much of an angle it exits. But beautiful car btw!

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
Looks great Dave!

Glad to see you putting the time and money into finishing this car, it was a dream of mine to see it done and with you owning it looks like you are getting there. I truly hope you get the enjoyment and value out of it that I missed out on.

Good luck!

Jeremy