The long Awaited SupraHero 1JayZ Build

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Here is Vixens last pull!!! I will say that she was not hasppy with her numbers. Keep in mind this is the old set up Jay made 406 on. She was not even close!!! She made 277whp at 12lb and 341 flb torque. To be honest I was shocked because if you ride in this car it feels so much stronger than that.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

More coming guys we still have the drags tonight ect!!!

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
AWESOME Jay, it sounds sweet!!.......let's see some Vixen #'s

Edit....... holy hell, she almost got him on torque at 277HP, lower boost than Jay ran on that old setup.....no?

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
More pictures from the meet!!!!

p520002_1.jpg

Joe these are for you!!! Jay made me take some with it all together including the oil cap...:biglaugh:

p520002_2.jpg

p520002_3.jpg

Next is the drag strip!!!! Who wants to see Jay get schooled by Vixen???

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
At the track!!!!

Jay on drag tires!!!:icon_bigg
Be kind I was cold and shaking so not a great picture....:icon_bigg
p520013_1.jpg

Both cars staged!!!
p520013_2.jpg

This track is like nothing I have ever seen. In fargo when we run the Bike we have tech and tons of restrictions. Here in Bama you pay $10 and you can run all day. You can run with no helmet, 4 people in a car, no tech, and you can go anywhere on the track you want. I was puzzled!!!:biglaugh:

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Ok here as promissed is Vixen handing Jay his ass first run!!! Even with a burnout and drag tires Jay was overpowering the track tonight....:evil2:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Here is a video at the end of the track when Jay and Vonda came by at about 90ish. The sound of Jay's car gives me wood!!!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Ok that's all I have for tonight. We will be hard at work on the interior tomorrow on Jays car and a couple little things on Vondas car so I will post up more tomorrow night!!!!

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
We had a great time today. Thanks to Ryan for taking pictures and videos.

I was a little disappointed in my numbers, but Jay's car was great. I'm so glad to see it running sooooo much better, and his engine bay looks beautiful....:love:

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
good job guys!

when adjusting the cam gears, you guys did recheck ign timing no?

just wanted to be sure. some guys get caught up in the moment and forget that.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Anybody got a clutch they want to donate to the Hayes Household? I raced my brothers 98vette, and roasted my clutch. We made it home, but it just couldn't take the drag radials and the 1jz all in the same night................:evil2:

The only reason Vixen beat me was because, I had the moonlight directly in my eyes, and then, this uhh, thing happened, and then I got to thinking about how much I loved her, and then.....................she was gone, and I was left...........:burnout:

It really is hard for a novice to hook up on our track with any power at all. I can literally spin through first second and third with the drag radials on. When I raced my brothers vette, I got him out of the whole pretty bad. I had him by a car length and when I went to second, I had nothing. I went across the line at about 45mph. I'll be able to outrun him pretty easily with a good clutch though, and really that's all I'm worried about................:biglaugh:

Vixen made her hp on 12psi. I made the 406 while spiking to 18psi. Her mbc is just crap. She'll need either a avc-r or something else to help manage her boost. Her car feels soooooo much stronger than the 277 it made. It sounds great at the track as well. She was by far the best looking thing up there............present company excluded of course................:biglaugh:

Kwnate, I would really like the fifty more horses and the two more pounds of torque. That would almost guarantee that I couldn't lose to Vixen again. It's getting where I'm used to it....................but when she beats me at the track, it makes her feel great which means happy time for me................:naughty:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
dbsupra90 said:
good job guys!

when adjusting the cam gears, you guys did recheck ign timing no?

just wanted to be sure. some guys get caught up in the moment and forget that.

Sorry Dave, we did not check the timing at all. We just adjusted the cam gears two degrees at a time either way and adjusted accordingly after a pull. I assume you're talking about checking the timing with a timing light? We had twenty people standing there watching us and no one mentioned it, but I don't know if we would have had a timing gun there anyways.

I won't get to drive it for a while since the clutch is gone. Any suggestions on a good clutch for a torqueless 1jz? The one I had is supposedly good for 450 rwhp, and 450 torque, but I bet I don't have 2500 miles on it. I think the track is just way to harsh for it. It's not for the squeemish................:icon_bigg

Aaron, I do agree the car sounds great............................at the track. It's normal everyday driving that sounds like it should be on the track that bothers me.........................:biglaugh:

Ryan has been alot of help, and great fun the last couple of days. I really appreciate Aaron's help and Ryan's help a great deal. I am truly blessed with the friends and family that I have....................:bowdown:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Just got home.................I had a blast.

I was a handicap to Vixen on the 1st run.............without my fat ass, she could have really smoked him... lol

I rode in both cars, and they both felt very good. Once Jay's Turbo spools, it pulls a little harder...........but that thing needs a 1/4 mile track to really shine. Vixen gave the the Vette several great races. He always beat her out of the box pretty bad, but she reeled him in hard at the end of the track. She'd smoke him in the 1/4.