the ford probe guy is changing to a yota guy

maac0953

mike
Jul 21, 2008
orlando
ya iam done with probes. thats such a stupid name ''PROBE''. in the next few month ill be looking for a 86-92 is it called TARGA. or somthing like that with the roof pops off? whatever i just want that cause thats pimpin.:naughty: is it rare too find one of these pop off roof cars by any chance?

toycarchic

Jul 25, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
LOL. Been there had a 91 and a 93 the 93 was sweet and black and fast as hell when she ran.... however 3 timing belts with less than 5000 miles on each was to much trouble for me!!!!!! that was the leaast of it and no I did not do my own work on that car I took it to a shop it was always breaking and never simple.... You'll love your switch promise I just bought my second supra and im not sure ill ever give up either one of them... Oh and welcome

maac0953;1090515 said:
Just saying whats up guys and gals if there's any but iam trying to find one of these sexy cars and sell one of my ford probes,the black sexy one and yes ford probes.lol ya, well one is a 94 proge gt with a 2.5 v6 that likes to rev and is very nice looking and the OTHER probe is a 89 probe gt and its turbo and its starting its conversion to be fast so for its on 14lbs and the intrcooler pipes blow off.owell but once i find out how to post pictures of the probes i'll do it. OH and my friends call them anal probes,there weird.

and the iam changing car's cause i fell in love with a mk3 supra a HOT IMPORT NIGHTS in orlando here and now iam hooked. and iam tired of probes cause there pain in my ass,lol

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
I can dig your Probe, not really my thing but it's clean and not riced and has ONE color scheme going on so it's mostly there in my book :biglaugh:

A few weeks ago I raced a modded V6 Probe in my mom's Avalon with three people in the car and waxed his ass from a dig and 50, 60 rolls, so I honestly think you'd be happy with an NA coming from that :rofl:

It was pretty beat to hell though, yours looks MUCH nicer and no doubt received MUCH better care.

toycarchic

Jul 25, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Clip;1090598 said:
yeah, theyre talking about supras. you'll see when you get yours, its as much trouble as the next car if you don't take care of it. don't expect a walk in the park

to make it easier, check here for advice (i've done this countless times :)) welcome to SM!

NO NO I was not talking about supras.... I was talking about ford probes they are pains in the asses..... put a little work here and there to your supra and its well worth the trouble...the probe lets see two of them 5 years of owning them less than 15000 miles between the two of them in total runnig time the rest of the time they spent racking up mechanic bills and sitting in the driveway... lol Fix Or Repaired Daily... FORD

myothersupra

Jun 19, 2008
Greater New Orleans Area
My only FORD experience was more like F.O.R.M... typically a $400-ish repair bill about once a month or maybe 6 weeks if we were lucky on the 8 year old first model year 200c.i. I6 powered '78 Fairmont that I was allowed to drive to and from college 'till after 3 years of pain in the ass with only 55k actual original 1-owner miles on the odometer (my grandmother bought it new) and not being allowed to leave the town limits in it or drive it the 250 miles home for holidays, I said enough of this crap, sought out and spent my $2 grand life savings on my '81 Celica GT Liftback with twice the mileage and as it turns out sooooo much less of a p.i.t.a. factor than the ford... 28,028 on the Celica's 5-DIGIT odometer when I bought it! Probably a 1 in front but could just as easily have been a 2 considering the car was originally from California and I bought it in Louisiana 9 years later.
Celica repair list... Timing chain replacement, front brake pads, and basic tune-up at time of car purchase, front tires, accessory belt tensioner pulley, fuel filter within first year, new battery second year, that's it...
Fairmont repair list includes single-barrel Holley carburetor, cracked heater core, BAD HEAD GASKET (dumped coolant down the OUTSIDE of the block!), a/c failure every year, water pump, alternator, radiator, "Die HARD" battery (which it did), steering column safety ring failure in mid-turn, randomly slipping from park to reverse at idle, you name it... Good thing it only had the driver's side mirror, factory AM radio, no dash clock, and didn't have power anything or that stuff probably would've broken too.
The Fairmont was much quicker than the Celica but the Celica was so much more fun to drive, handled much better, got 20mpg city and 32-34mpg hwy@80mph with the a/c on, and NEVER left me stranded!
The Fairmont was definitely better than walking the 7 miles to campus most of the time and my aunt usually paid the mechanic's bills since I was a broke college student but I'm still so glad I can hoestly say that car wasn't actually mine... And what idiotic FORD engineer thought it'd be a good idea to move the horn to the turn signal stalk and make you have to shove it towards the steering column to honk the horn??? I can't tell you how many times I almost broke it off trying to find then honk the horn in a panic in my first few months of driving! WORST automotive engineering decision ever... oh wait, no it wasn't... The Pinto, another brilliant FORD design, especially in rear end collisions... or the Comet/Maverick that would just randomly burst into flames sitting in the parking lot.
My mom't best friend's Maverick burst into flames in the parking lot of the local Chevy dealer a few minutes after the dealer inspected it and took it as a trade-in on a new Caprice, lucky for her, and my grandmother's Comet did it right in front of the house, so she bought the "all new 1978 Ford Fairmont" to replace it...
Now the criuse control brake cancel switch in FORD trucks and some of their minivans melts, catches fire, and burns the vehicle to the ground...
That same switch in my mom's windstar minivan went bad, began leaking brake fluid, and almost caused her brakes to fail because unlike Toyota who put it on the BRAKE bedal assembly AND as a button on the driver's cruise system controls, FORD still chooses not to give the driver a cancel button at all and puts their brake cancel switch in the master cylinder to be pressed by the fluid pressure, wtf???

If you survived FORD ownership this long then owning a Supra, even a trashed one, should be a piece of cake... :)

I find Supras to be closer to domestics compared to other Toyota models as far as repair intervals go but then again they've got more horsepower than other Toyota models and they're still far better and lots more reliable than the only domestic experience I've ever personally had...

Last edited:

toycarchic

Jul 25, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
myothersupra;1095978 said:
My only FORD experience was more like F.O.R.M... typically a $400-ish repair bill about once a month or maybe 6 weeks if we were lucky on the 8 year old first model year 200c.i. I6 powered '78 Fairmont that I was allowed to drive to and from college 'till after 3 years of pain in the ass with only 55k actual original 1-owner miles on the odometer (my grandmother bought it new) and not being allowed to leave the town limits in it or drive it the 250 miles home for holidays, I said enough of this crap, sought out and spent my $2 grand life savings on my '81 Celica GT Liftback with twice the mileage and as it turns out sooooo much less of a p.i.t.a. factor than the ford... 28,028 on the Celica's 5-DIGIT odometer when I bought it! Probably a 1 in front but could just as easily have been a 2 considering the car was originally from California and I bought it in Louisiana 9 years later.
Celica repair list... Timing chain replacement, front brake pads, and basic tune-up at time of car purchase, front tires, accessory belt tensioner pulley, fuel filter within first year, new battery second year, that's it...
Fairmont repair list includes single-barrel Holley carburetor, cracked heater core, BAD HEAD GASKET (dumped coolant down the OUTSIDE of the block!), a/c failure every year, water pump, alternator, radiator, "Die HARD" battery (which it did), steering column safety ring failure in mid-turn, randomly slipping from park to reverse at idle, you name it... Good thing it only had the driver's side mirror, factory AM radio, no dash clock, and didn't have power anything or that stuff probably would've broken too.
The Fairmont was much quicker than the Celica but the Celica was so much more fun to drive, handled much better, got 20mpg city and 32-34mpg hwy@80mph with the a/c on, and NEVER left me stranded!
The Fairmont was definitely better than walking the 7 miles to campus most of the time and my aunt usually paid the mechanic's bills since I was a broke college student but I'm still so glad I can hoestly say that car wasn't actually mine... And what idiotic FORD engineer thought it'd be a good idea to move the horn to the turn signal stalk and make you have to shove it towards the steering column to honk the horn??? I can't tell you how many times I almost broke it off trying to find then honk the horn in a panic in my first few months of driving! WORST automotive engineering decision ever... oh wait, no it wasn't... The Pinto, another brilliant FORD design, especially in rear end collisions... or the Comet/Maverick that would just randomly burst into flames sitting in the parking lot.
My mom't best friend's Maverick burst into flames in the parking lot of the local Chevy dealer a few minutes after the dealer inspected it and took it as a trade-in on a new Caprice, lucky for her, and my grandmother's Comet did it right in front of the house, so she bought the "all new 1978 Ford Fairmont" to replace it...
Now the criuse control brake cancel switch in FORD trucks and some of their minivans melts, catches fire, and burns the vehicle to the ground...
That same switch in my mom's windstar minivan went bad, began leaking brake fluid, and almost caused her brakes to fail because unlike Toyota who put it on the BRAKE bedal assembly AND as a button on the driver's cruise system controls, FORD still chooses not to give the driver a cancel button at all and puts their brake cancel switch in the master cylinder to be pressed by the fluid pressure, wtf???

If you survived FORD ownership this long then owning a Supra, even a trashed one, should be a piece of cake... :)

I find Supras to be closer to domestics compared to other Toyota models as far as repair intervals go but then again they've got more horsepower than other Toyota models and they're still far better and lots more reliable than the only domestic experience I've ever personally had...

Had one of thise ford trucks too they sent me the recall but i never opened it til i had already fixed the problem...lol.. well lucky for me i got a clean supra to back up the trashed one.. and yes i did get it trashed brake fluid in the power steering and powersteering fluid in the slave cylinder but she's still sweet as can be... first car i ever drove was a celica.5 sp 1978 when i tried talking to my mom for money for a car she said you need a celica ... i laughed told her that was what i was buying already... never gave me any problems and had over 200 k on it. looked like hell though

maac0953

mike
Jul 21, 2008
orlando
shit,i about master everthing on probes now and its easy for me now too but the tanny's on these thing go like that:evil5:.haha. cause my friend boosted his V6 and the you know what happened. enginge hold's 7lbs fine but tranny goes boom after a while. and some girls i know like the car cause its a girls car but f@ck it. its soon to be gone. dou any of you drift or street race or highway race? how's the car scene where you people live?any in orlando???????

maac0953

mike
Jul 21, 2008
orlando
toycarchic;1095906 said:
NO NO I was not talking about supras.... I was talking about ford probes they are pains in the asses..... put a little work here and there to your supra and its well worth the trouble...the probe lets see two of them 5 years of owning them less than 15000 miles between the two of them in total runnig time the rest of the time they spent racking up mechanic bills and sitting in the driveway... lol Fix Or Repaired Daily... FORD

and i like this part of what she said. and i know ur a girl cause ur the supra girl:naughty:

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I like the 1st gen probe..

my friend had a panda black/white LX with the 3.0L Vulcan V6, was going to swap it for a SHO V6, but I sold him my 240 before he had a chance to swap...